Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #15346
Joe883
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
I have pics, just trying to figure out how to load them onto here. Any simple ways to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rderman View Post
HenryII those are some great pictures, and a great bike. Kind of reminds me of the Adirondacks (except for the amoutn of snow-covered treeless peaks). Those MASS pictures have me drooling...please let us know how the install goes and how you like tone with and without baffle and if those pipes work well enough for 2-up riding (if you are into that sorta thing).

Joe, you owe us some pics I'd think...
Joe883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #15347
Shining
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe883 View Post
I have pics, just trying to figure out how to load them onto here. Any simple ways to do it?
http://tinypic.com/

Shining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:36 AM   #15348
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever

Oddometer: 308

Old 05-03-2012, 03:40 AM   #15349
Brunow - 007
Bantam Fever

Oddometer: 308
Old 05-03-2012, 03:50 AM   #15350
b0mb3r
Old Git

Oddometer: 1,757
wow ..... like your pictures 007

White pig

b0mb3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #15351
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makis54 View Post
Has anyone machined some weight off the old flywheel. If so, how much did you take off? How is the performance? I was thinking it might spin up a little faster, might be fun.
The stock flywheel weighs exactly 4kg and we machined 1.2kg off and had the flywheel rebalanced. The bike revs quicker and there are also handling plus acceleration benefits, more so in the lower gears. The engine feels just as smooth at low revs and there is no disernible disadvantage in this mod. There is a German company that offers a change over flywheel service however a good machinist can do this for you so long as they pay close attention to re-scribing the timing marks in the exact same position after machining the outer surface. I am sure that I posted details and pics of this mod in an earlier post. Griz

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 AM   #15352
Milko
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
yeah i know it needs to get dirty,but this was on a quick spin after I finally found my lost keys...

[IMG] Scramblin' - the 2 of us. by transalper, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #15353
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Originally Posted by Makis54
Has anyone machined some weight off the old flywheel. If so, how much did you take off? How is the performance? I was thinking it might spin up a little faster, might be fun.

239,- €
Polrad Gewichtsoptimierung. Wir drehen Ihr angeliefertes Polrad ab und erleichten es auf nur noch 2,8 KG. Das Urspungsgewicht beträgt gute 4 KG. Das sind satte 42% mehr. Dadurch ergibt sich ein wesentlich leichteres hochdrehen des Motors, was man wirklich sofort am Gasgriff spürt. Eine völlig neue Motordynamik ! Die theoretischen Einbußen eines schlechteren Rundlaufs im unteren Bereich sind echt zu vernachlässigen, da man es es faktisch nicht spürt. Das Polrad wird einbaufertig und perfekt gewuchtet incl. neuer Dichtung geliefert.

http://www.classicbike-raisch.de/htm..._vergaser.html

keep it simple! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #15354
Makis54
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
lighter flywheel

Thanks Roadscum, Grizz, and Keep it Simple. This sounds like a mod I need to try. D&D have 2lb lighter flywheels on the shelf, all I need to do is send them my old one. I know motion pro sells a ton of different flywheel pullers, but I didn't see one specifically for the scrambler. Do any of you guys know which one I need? Worst case I'll open her up and measure the threads, but I was hoping to minimize the downtime. It is, after all, prime riding season!
Makis54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:53 AM   #15355
WFK
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Scrambler purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFK View Post
Hi,

New guy here, been following the thread for a while.

I'm really considering buying a Scrambler this week but the dealer has 2 second-hand Scramblers. Both are from 2008 he says, one's blue/white (carb) and the other is black (EFI). I thought those 2 models weren't for sale in the same year (2008 in this case) or were they? Might as well be the first registry date, I'll have to check that this week...

Anyway.. :) My question is: what are the differences between those 2 engines considering these are 2 second hand bikes, what effect has the age on those 2 engines?

If the difference is negligible I'll probably go with the blue/white carb model which has centerstand, flyscreen, skidplate and tachograph, the black has no extra's. The color doesn't matter that much to me, like 'em both.

I'll appreciate any advice :)
Last thursday I bought the black EFI Scrambler. Thanks for all the advice on pro's and cons for both carbs and EFI. Guess I'll have to experience at some point whether I made the right or wrong choice, although I think there is no such difference between the two after reading all you feedback.

It looks like the previous owner did a bafflectomy (check pictures). I don't mind really, as it sounds good, but I wonder if it can effect the colorization of the collectors. Right now they do look kinda blue...

Bafflectomy? And a nasty one?:

Colorization:

Here's my Scrambler, I hoped to show you a picture with sunshine and big sky country in the background... But I live in a part of Belgium where we only have rain and concrete:

WFK screwed with this post 05-05-2012 at 06:17 AM
WFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:43 AM   #15356
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,437
Colorization

Don't worry too much about the pipes turning blue, they are single wall pipes so 'They all do that!', would be an appropriate quote. The street bikes that you see with shiney chrome right up to the head have double wall exhaust pipes, they still turn blue, you just can't see it inside there. Enjoy your Scrambler, the absolute best advice that I have heard is to "change the fuel regularly"!

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:16 AM   #15357
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Welkom WFK!

Gefeliciteerd met je keuze voor de scrambler EFI.
Je zal er veel plezier aan beleven.
De 'bafflectomy' is iets wat veel gedaan werd bij de carburatorversies waar dan ook het mengsel diende aangepast te worden (grotere sproeiers). Bij de EFI een andere mapping anders draait de motor te arm en daardoor te heet.
Zelf heb ik voor op mijn scrambler EFI shotgunpijpjes laten maken die passen op de originele voorbochten.
Maken een super geluid, wegen 6,5kg minder tov de grote originele dempers en ogen ook zeer mooi.
Omdat er links en rechts wat vraag achter was heb ik een serietje laten maken.
Kosten 80EUR. Moest je geInteresseerd zijn stuur via PM je mailadres dan kan ik je foto's ervan sturen.
keep it simple! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #15358
gk ryder
is this thing on?

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFK View Post
...Here's my Scrambler, I hoped to show you a picture with sunshine and big sky country in the background... But I live in a part of Belgium where we only have rain and concrete:
Good thing you got a bike that also looks great in rain and surrounded by concrete!
gk ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #15359
fa405479
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple! View Post
Welkom WFK!

Gefeliciteerd met je keuze voor de scrambler EFI.
Je zal er veel plezier aan beleven.
De 'bafflectomy' is iets wat veel gedaan werd bij de carburatorversies waar dan ook het mengsel diende aangepast te worden (grotere sproeiers). Bij de EFI een andere mapping anders draait de motor te arm en daardoor te heet.
Zelf heb ik voor op mijn scrambler EFI shotgunpijpjes laten maken die passen op de originele voorbochten.
Maken een super geluid, wegen 6,5kg minder tov de grote originele dempers en ogen ook zeer mooi.
Omdat er links en rechts wat vraag achter was heb ik een serietje laten maken.
Kosten 80EUR. Moest je geInteresseerd zijn stuur via PM je mailadres dan kan ik je foto's ervan sturen.
Shotgunpijpjes, -6,5kg, Vlaanderen ..... I think we know each other from another forum (TVF)

Gtz D. (from the BEL coast)
fa405479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:59 PM   #15360
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Took the bike down to the Outer Banks this weekend. First long distance trip I've done with the bike, 800 miles total. Biggest thing I've learned was that I need to figure out a better way of strapping things down. I sacrificed my travel pillow to the road gods. Second thing was to always bring rain gear...

Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote