Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #15481
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschagast View Post
http://vimeo.com/42632722

well if you love Sexy Boris, here he is introducing the new BA Moto headquarters
LOL Sexy Boris, too funny.
mint julep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #15482
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by mint julep View Post
LOL Sexy Boris, too funny.
"Where has he be? ....... trimming my garden, popping cherries...."
Old 05-27-2012, 12:51 PM   #15483
RMAK
The Magnanimous

Oddometer: 292
RE: those classic gatemouth badges. Always search 1st generation 1990's-early 2000's modern classic Thunderbird parts (Not the new cruisers) Those gatemouths were standard equipment and bolt right up to the carbed Bonnie/Thrux/Scram tank. I got a pair I'll let go for $1000 each.
RMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #15484
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
Got my new TKC80s broken in today. The front felt so squirrely at first, then I saw that the pressure was set up above 40. Knocked it down to 36 rear and 32 front and it got better real quick. I'm super pleased with the way they feel on the pavement.

I did some two up for the first time today. The bike handled it ok, but rear suspension help is in order. This is a newb question, but how difficult is it to change the shocks? Can a newb do it easily enough, or is this a mechanic job? I think I might can swing the parts now, but I'll have to wait a bit if it needs to go to the shop.

One more thing. The mrs kept sliding on the double seat. Has anyone ever sculpted a scoop into the foam of the rear seat? I've seen the king and queen seat online, but I don't want to drop 300 dollars for a third seat... Unless anyone wants to trade a king queen for my double? :)
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #15485
Saschagast
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Got my new TKC80s broken in today. The front felt so squirrely at first, then I saw that the pressure was set up above 40. Knocked it down to 36 rear and 32 front and it got better real quick. I'm super pleased with the way they feel on the pavement.

I did some two up for the first time today. The bike handled it ok, but rear suspension help is in order. This is a newb question, but how difficult is it to change the shocks? Can a newb do it easily enough, or is this a mechanic job? I think I might can swing the parts now, but I'll have to wait a bit if it needs to go to the shop.

One more thing. The mrs kept sliding on the double seat. Has anyone ever sculpted a scoop into the foam of the rear seat? I've seen the king and queen seat online, but I don't want to drop 300 dollars for a third seat... Unless anyone wants to trade a king queen for my double? :)
I agree 100% about the tkc 80s, after about 50 miles they felt so damn great I had such a blast in the canyons. Much more fun than the trail wings

I just did all that and if you stick to same length shocks it's as easy as take one off and replace, then the other side.

As with the seat....I never really have that problem, not on my scrambler anyway, more so on my thruxton
Saschagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #15486
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAK View Post
RE: those classic gatemouth badges. Always search 1st generation 1990's-early 2000's modern classic Thunderbird parts (Not the new cruisers) Those gatemouths were standard equipment and bolt right up to the carbed Bonnie/Thrux/Scram tank. I got a pair I'll let go for $1000 each.
I put a bid on a pair yesterday, been outbid already

Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:04 AM   #15487
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Great weather

Its been a weekend with great weather and riding :-)

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:11 AM   #15488
wildjester
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Quote:

If you can take out and put in two bolts... you can change the rear shocks.
The fronts are about as simple, as well.

Tell your wife to pinch your hips with her knees, and stop braking so hard.
wildjester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #15489
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschagast View Post
Ok,so for the past weeks I had my Scrambler at BA MOTO to get my scrambler done. Paint, ceramic coated exhaust, Racetech front and rear suspension and a few bits and pieces powder coated. Also a new set of TKC 80s.

And here she is now

Forgot to mention, also a new set of tank badges, finally got a set of those on my bike.
Sharp looking bike saschagast! Fresh looking paint scheme.
TKC's rule IMO on the Scrambler. You can carve down to the pegs with them and they help make the beast more tolerable off the pavement.
Almost a shame I'm going to Heidenaus just from the aesthetic point alone.

The Scrambler is gnarly with TKC's.
Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #15490
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjester View Post
If you can take out and put in two bolts... you can change the rear shocks.
The fronts are about as simple, as well.

Tell your wife to pinch your hips with her knees, and stop braking so hard.

Awesome, thanks for the advice on the sliding.

Aout the shocks: is there a consensus for the best "bang for your buck"? ( I'm trying to read this whole thread, but have only made it to page 98.). I weigh 190, plus a little for gear. Loaded up for occasional two up, we will be 350 lbs.

When I ride solo, it'll be 70% street, 30% gravel and dirt roads (forest service stuff) that has a little mud and a little sand. It'll see very little true off road, except for the occasional pasture type crossing.

Any suggestions? I'm quite new to all of this. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #15491
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

A quick forest ride today, as the streets were too crowded with holiday traffic...

Typical east Texas forest service roads, and the scrambler feels right at home in this context. Although it almost tried to nap in some sudden and unexpected deep sand. The low seat height saved my butt

Back at the house, ready for a wipe down:

Old 05-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #15492
FoothillRyder
Tiger Cub

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
I did some two up for the first time today. The bike handled it ok, but rear suspension help is in order. This is a newb question, but how difficult is it to change the shocks?
Piece of cake. One at a time, and replace them with the same length shocks. I have (and can recommend) Progressive 412's, which are about 200 bucks a pair.

Quote:
I put a K&Q on my Scram, bought it on eBay for 200 bucks and sold the seat that was on it for the same money. Net was zero, and I can ride the bike all day with no discomfort.
- FoothillRyder AMA# 289558, BIR #47, COP #001
'97 Trophy 900, '98 Tiger, '03 Speed Triple 955i

My Blog: http://foothillryder.com/
FoothillRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:53 PM   #15493
azgsa
Apathetic

Oddometer: 1,326
Quote:
The Triumph scram gel seat has a material on top that's not so slippery, and it's pretty comfy. You retain the classic scram look over say, a king/queen seat.

And tell that woman to squish up close and hang on!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #15494
tvscum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Do you have to different mirrors on your Scram? What are they?

Quote:
A quick forest ride today, as the streets were too crowded with holiday traffic...

Typical east Texas forest service roads, and the scrambler feels right at home in this context. Although it almost tried to nap in some sudden and unexpected deep sand. The low seat height saved my butt

Back at the house, ready for a wipe down:

'86 Yamaha XT350
tvscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:41 PM   #15495
monks_point
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Cheap ($$$wise) Progressive and Hagon both make nice ones for $200.

$350-400 range- Ikons

$500-800 Works or Ohlins

Quote:
Awesome, thanks for the advice on the sliding.

Aout the shocks: is there a consensus for the best "bang for your buck"? ( I'm trying to read this whole thread, but have only made it to page 98.). I weigh 190, plus a little for gear. Loaded up for occasional two up, we will be 350 lbs.

When I ride solo, it'll be 70% street, 30% gravel and dirt roads (forest service stuff) that has a little mud and a little sand. It'll see very little true off road, except for the occasional pasture type crossing.

Any suggestions? I'm quite new to all of this. Thanks for your help.
monks_point is offline   Reply With Quote