Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 AM   #15901
RMAK
The Magnanimous

Oddometer: 303
Yes. Quite a while! Apparently not long enought to learn to leave well enough alone on my bikes. Good post, Max. Thanks and ride safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
But I don't need to tell you that RMAK, you've been around for a while.

Oh Wes Cooley too. All had huge oil coolers.

BTW, Eddie is my hero.
RMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:52 AM   #15902
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
Like the plate on the Scrambler, great that you like the Thruxton I loved mine but my left knee didn't.
So I got another Scrambler very nice it is too, but its a Bonnieised Scrambler. Full road bike it is, Bonnie pipes and road tyres. But a single seat, very comfortable ride it is. Different sound as well, reverse cone Staintune mufflers and it sounds like nothing else.
Mick I have changed the plate on the Thruxton to "THRUX1" to match the Scrambler..love the staintunes on the Thruxton on the lookout for staintunes to suit the Scrambler or a Arrows system, after the Staintunes the TOR's are too loud.
So does this mean you now have two Scramblers ?

Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #15903
ridepjride
Migrant

Oddometer: 301
Looking for a next bike and eyeing the Scrambler. Say I wanted to ride for a week and camp along the way, any options for side bags or just pile it on the tail rack?
ridepjride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #15904
HackFlipper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
If you have "Test" ridden the Scram 6 times then you know you want one. Just had to comment. Had a ZRex and loved it! Traded it in on a new KLR of all things. Missed the power and traded it to a fellow inmate for a FZ1. Missed the dual sport and and heard my Scram fire up and it was love again there went the FZ1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad1 View Post
For the last 12 years I've ridden a ZRX1200.

I've been tempted by the Scrambler for the last 2 years, though. I've test ridden the bike 6 times now, and I've never wanted to return it to the dealer. Each time I've wanted to load my tent and sleeping bag, and keep riding.

I do need a bike that will slow me down , and the only other bike that I've ever ridden that pleases me as much as the ZRX is the Scrambler.

Your posts and your pictures have only "added fuel to the fire".

On a side note, we all know that there is a severe shortage of good novels that incorporate a motorcycle road trip as a significant part of the main story line. Forgotten Road by bestselling author Randall Arthur is a novel that now attempts to fill this gap. During the last 30 chapters of the book, the main character "walks away from the rat race" and lives day to day on the road, on a modern day Triumph Scrambler. The overall plot is a cliffhanger that everyone will enjoy, men and women alike. The book is already receiving great reviews. Check it out on the author’s website.
2006 Yamaha FJR1300
1975 Honda CT90
HackFlipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:15 AM   #15905
Steve SA
Adv Wannabe

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad1 View Post
For the last 12 years I've ridden a ZRX1200.

I've been tempted by the Scrambler for the last 2 years, though. I've test ridden the bike 6 times now, and I've never wanted to return it to the dealer. Each time I've wanted to load my tent and sleeping bag, and keep riding.

I do need a bike that will slow me down , and the only other bike that I've ever ridden that pleases me as much as the ZRX is the Scrambler.

Your posts and your pictures have only "added fuel to the fire".

On a side note, we all know that there is a severe shortage of good novels that incorporate a motorcycle road trip as a significant part of the main story line. Forgotten Road by bestselling author Randall Arthur is a novel that now attempts to fill this gap. During the last 30 chapters of the book, the main character "walks away from the rat race" and lives day to day on the road, on a modern day Triumph Scrambler. The overall plot is a cliffhanger that everyone will enjoy, men and women alike. The book is already receiving great reviews. Check it out on the author’s website.
Ok, yesterday I ordered Randal Arther's book. Now you go order your new scrambler please!
Steve SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #15906
Scaredofthedirt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 643
In mid-2009, a tap on the shoulder, a cheque in the hand and a boot out the door was my personal introduction to the local impact of the global financial crisis.

A few teaser photos from my seven week 22,000km ride around Australia on my Mighty Scrambler.

The full story here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812592

Scaredofthedirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:32 PM   #15907
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 755
Question request - need a stock right side peg - please

Hey "Scramblers",
I just picked up an 09 Scrambler in matt khaki (green) with a bunch of extras and I am happy to join this thread. I have been riding and doing rallies on a BMW XChallenge and a BMW G450X and these are presently still in the stable. I have also recently owned a couple of KTMs - 300exc, 640 Enduro and a 640 ADV.

I am really exited to have picked up the Scrambler (620 miles) with a bunch of tasteful extras:
Arrow exhaust
Triumph windscreen
Triumph tach
headlight guard

I bought the bike so my wife could learn to ride a motorcycle on something tamer and lower than my BMWs (seat height over 35 inches). She is an avid scooter rider and wanted to try a motorcycle so this fit the bill for both of us.

Thanks,
Sno Dawg
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5 V6 - RED SLED- RTT - 3 inch lift

Sno Dawg screwed with this post 04-17-2013 at 04:46 PM
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #15908
allan68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
handguards

I will be wanting to put some handguards on my Scrambler in the next couple of months...is there a preferred model/ brand?
I don't need them for woods bashing, just a little weather protection.
Thanks,
Al
2001 LC4 640e > sold
Super Tenere > sold
allan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #15909
mustang
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno Dawg View Post
Hey "Scramblers",

Special Request:
We were out in a local parking lot today and she was working in stopping, starting and scanning and she dropped the bike on the right side - whoops!

It broke the peg off!!

I was looking at some aftermarket pegs and noticed a few of you have switched to some heartier pegs.

Question: (Right side peg please!)
Does anyone have a right side peg - or set of stock pegs for a Scrambler that they want to get rid of cheap. I just went to the dealer and they want about $60 for one and for that price I might as well go aftermarket.

Thanks,
Sno Dawg
you can use the rear pegs on the front to keep you riding .............
mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:25 PM   #15910
Bikebits
Scramblin' man

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan68 View Post
I will be wanting to put some handguards on my Scrambler in the next couple of months...is there a preferred model/ brand?
I don't need them for woods bashing, just a little weather protection.
Thanks,
Al
If you're after weather protection, Barkbusters make "Storm" guards that fit the Scrambler. Pair them up with some Oxford heated grips and you can ride down to near freezing temps with summer weight gloves.

'06 Triumph Scrambler Trans-Labrador veteran
Bikebits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #15911
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 755
got it!!! back in business

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang View Post
you can use the rear pegs on the front to keep you riding .............
I figured that out right after I typed up the post. I had to file the back side a bit to get it to fit but it was a 7 minute switch and I hope I can pick up someones left over right peg.

Thanks for the info!!!

Sno Dawg
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5 V6 - RED SLED- RTT - 3 inch lift
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #15912
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno Dawg View Post
I figured that out right after I typed up the post. I had to file the back side a bit to get it to fit but it was a 7 minute switch and I hope I can pick up someones left over right peg.

Thanks for the info!!!

Sno Dawg

I forgot about the rear peg option! Ironically the person who gave you that advice... is the one that I would have suggested as 'the solution' for the problem. While the oem Scrambler pegs are cast and very well documented to fail in minor tip-over incidents, Mustang machines some very nice ones from billet. I have yet to test mine for crash-worthiness but expect that they will far outclass the factory offerings. Besides that they sit slightly lower (much more knee comfort for me), look really cool and probably don't cost as much as a new set from your dealer. You might need to spend a couple of minutes matching brake and shifter heights but otherwise they are a quick swap. My best farkle so far on the Scram.

Bruce

Hey... Nice avatar!
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:40 AM   #15913
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikebits View Post
If you're after weather protection, Barkbusters make "Storm" guards that fit the Scrambler. Pair them up with some Oxford heated grips and you can ride down to near freezing temps with summer weight gloves.
I have that set up, Barkbuster Storm handguards & Oxford heated grips on the Scrambler...really good

Terry

Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #15914
Blumtnman
Rider

Oddometer: 273
Talking Copy Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
I have that set up, Barkbuster Storm handguards & Oxford heated grips on the Scrambler...really good

Terry
Well, well so do I. Exact same set up, nice warm hands at all times.
Especially tonight as it was snowing when I rode home, and minus 2
degrees celcius.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #15915
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
Well, well so do I. Exact same set up, nice warm hands at all times.
Especially tonight as it was snowing when I rode home, and minus 2
degrees celcius.
Gee that's cold Mick, took the Thruxton out yesterday...hands were freezing, wish I had taken the Scrambler after all.

Cheers Terry