Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2008, 02:04 PM   #1636
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS
2006 came with the silver engine/cases 2007, 2008 came with all black engines..
My 06 is kinda black...
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #1637
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,034
bross, nice digs! Can my doGs and I move in with you for the summer? Looks like you would have a really clean floor so I wouldn't lose so many oily bike parts.

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:22 AM   #1638
milkman
can't find my screwdriver

Oddometer: 137
rear shocks

Time to seriously consider some rear shock improvements.
I usually like to wear out the originals first, but doing 500km of two up on the weekend on some twisty back roads, I found me and my pillion being bucked into the air or hitting the stops on a number of occassions (I may have been going a little fast "sometimes")

So reading through the past threads on the matter has thrown up some confusion for me (keep in mind i'm a suspension spaz)

Ohlins are stretching the budget, but i bet they're nice

I have previously run Ikons on other bikes - good performance at an affordable price.
I read Davo that you've blown a couple? Any thoughts? What did you end up with?

I've had a look at YSS website, G 302 look like one's Rhodie helped developed - no price listed.
Has anyone tried the YSS E 302 (standard replacement?) or Z 302 ?

I don't need endless adjustability as I wouldn't even know what I was doing!

Maybe I could just take it easy, but as I have a missus who is keen to come for rides, and that gives me more bike time, I should look into this.

Any thoughts appreciated (sorry if this has been covered but my search couldn't turn up the answer)

Cheers
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:08 AM   #1639
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk
Then you are in the market for an '06. There is one in the flea market now in that combination.
And I'd even deliver it to his house...for free...
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:35 AM   #1640
fulviapaulo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulviapaulo
Hi guys!

Been watching this thread for sometimes but on a random basis as I don't have any Triumph but really like the ones with a "hint" of cafe racer, besides that my uncle owns a Thruxton among others.

Anyway, last year I saw this Scrambler in a classic and vintage auto and moto show but din't get any photo, just remembered it said somethin' like being a special edition. Yesterday I was at an automobilia show and to my surprise there were more bikes than cars (still dunno if I should be glad or sad ) and at the same seller's stand there was the same Scrambler (1st pic) and a new one (2nd pic)

Still can't find nothing on the net about the Scrambler but that setup really makes me mad On the side panel it says Jumatsu Special Edition. The other one also says Jumatsu. And here is my question(s). What is Jumatsu? Any of you ever heard of it? (sorry if my question is somewhat dumb but I'm completely off the scene regarding Triumph)

Cheers
Gonna bump it!

Sorry guys but really liked to know who/what the hell is Jumatsu

Cheers

8? Honda QR50 (my kids bike)
91 Aprilia RX50 (first bike)
93 Honda AfricaTwin
98 Husaberg FE400
05 Honda Zoomer
ex-88 Honda Dominator (2008-2009)
72 Lancia Fulvia 1.3S
79 Ford Capri 2.0S
00 Land Rover Defender 110SW (sadly missed)
fulviapaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:28 AM   #1641
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by fulviapaulo
Gonna bump it!

Sorry guys but really liked to know who/what the hell is Jumatsu

Cheers
Why dont you contact the show promoter where you saw it and ask them for and exibit list?
I tried searching alot of different Jumatsu + triumph + Portugal combos and nothing comes up. Maybe ask in the regional forums, someone else might have been at the same show??

http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16

The scrambler looks like they added:
Bonniville front fender and headlight bezel, some kind of aftermarket tank starp, removed the Chain protecter, cut/trimmed the rear fender. Different shocks or just powder coat springs,different brake light/removed turn signals and re covered the seat,put a grab bar on, Zard exhaust, drilled holes in the sprocket and front and rear disc's, removed bar ends powder coated the wheels and put on a set of Karoo's....

Nothing you couldnt do in a few hours..

White Tenere screwed with this post 06-05-2008 at 11:46 AM
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:02 PM   #1642
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
bross, nice digs! Can my doGs and I move in with you for the summer? Looks like you would have a really clean floor so I wouldn't lose so many oily bike parts.
Heck you can have it, we're moving... new floor isn't so clean

but the view's better

and so are the roads

And hey, we'll be about 12 hours closer to you in Oregon. That's one of the reasons for moving as Jodie's family is in Oregon as well so now we'll just be a day away.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:21 PM   #1643
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,034
Yo, bross!

Let us know when the house warming party is! What a nice location!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #1644
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman
I usually like to wear out the originals first, but doing 500km of two up on the weekend on some twisty back roads, I found me and my pillion being bucked into the air or hitting the stops on a number of occassions (I may have been going a little fast "sometimes")

So reading through the past threads on the matter has thrown up some confusion for me (keep in mind i'm a suspension spaz)

I have previously run Ikons on other bikes - good performance at an affordable price.

I've had a look at YSS website, G 302 look like one's Rhodie helped developed - no price listed.

Maybe I could just take it easy, but as I have a missus who is keen to come for rides, and that gives me more bike time, I should look into this.

Any thoughts appreciated (sorry if this has been covered but my search couldn't turn up the answer)

Cheers
I have the YSS Z302's. Got them at www.bellacorse.com
They make a great improvement. I won't do much adjusting either, but I have them set where I like them for the riding that I mostly do. I liked the price, simplicity, and look of them. Good luck with your decision.

Julia

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #1645
A mi que?
Love Supreme

Oddometer: 36
Rear suspension

Quote:

Cheers
Milkman, I selected Ohlins with the resevoirs, and I bought them at New Bonneville. The only adjustability to these are pre-load, ie. you wrench the rings up or down.
I went with Ohlins because I trust them and they're readily serviced here in the States.

I had an unseen problem with the upper pipe rubbing the resevoir, hence a bald, shiny spot on it now. A couple of washers have provided space needed.

During spring riding , the resevoir (on the pipe side) didn't seem to suffer any undue heat.
However, it's now 99 degrees Farenheit, and baby, that thing is hot to touch.

I don't know if this will be a problem for me.
Cheers.
A mi que? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:54 PM   #1646
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by A mi que?

I had an unseen problem with the upper pipe rubbing the resevoir, hence a bald, shiny spot on it now. A couple of washers have provided space needed.

During spring riding , the resevoir (on the pipe side) didn't seem to suffer any undue heat.
However, it's now 99 degrees Farenheit, and baby, that thing is hot to touch.

I don't know if this will be a problem for me.
Cheers.
Very reason I chose the Emulsion Ohlins shock. No clearance issue with the TOR's, and far enough a way from the pipe to avoid o/heating the oil.
But in saying that, Ohlins oil can handle incredible temp ranges, and not suffer viscosity problems, or deterioration. Oh, and my emulsion units are adjustable for preload, and rebound dampning,and ride height adjustment. (blue nut at the bottom). R Taylor at Nth west suspension NZ, (now part of Crown Kiwi Enterprises), is a guru for building Ohlins gear to individual clients.
Attached Images

tri boy screwed with this post 06-05-2008 at 07:27 PM
tri boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:43 PM   #1647
milkman
can't find my screwdriver

Oddometer: 137
Those Ohlins look great Tri Boy, I think i prefer them to the ones with remote reservoirs, but the cost might rule em out

YSS seem to start around $400 on bellacorse (thanks queendog) but i assume thats for teh basic model. They do work for Rhodie's machine though, so might be the way I'm leaning at the moment
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #1648
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
From memory, I think the shocks cost $1200NZ April 07.
Just a note on YSS, and I must tread carefully here. There have been reports coming back from "Industry sources" that the chrome shafts on some YSS products are, how shall I say it, of less quality than advertised, and also internal componnents.
Be certain of a strong warranty clause when purchasing this brand.
There is always a reason for being half price to the top brands like WP,Ohlins,Penske etc, and it isn't always labour cost. Just saying........
Old 06-06-2008, 02:21 AM   #1649
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,485
Thumb

I blew up 2 Ikons and they were repalaced by Ikon.

I can say that Ikons are much better than stock.

But...

I think I can do a lot better.

Every time I almost have enough bike dedicated cash for the shock upgrade I need tyres, chains for my bikes....etc.

Probably gonna go the YSS soon (as per Rhodie) ... bike rego arrived today ... Currently chucking most of my cash on the mortgage but that should be over in a couple of years Then the fun begins.

Taking the Scram out this weekend - will post some pics later
Old 06-06-2008, 02:31 AM   #1650
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,485
Quote:
Those Ohlins look great Tri Boy, I think i prefer them to the ones with remote reservoirs, but the cost might rule em out

YSS seem to start around $400 on bellacorse (thanks queendog) but i assume thats for teh basic model. They do work for Rhodie's machine though, so might be the way I'm leaning at the moment
YSS can be ordered from Adelaide same bloke in Rhodies pix, he will makem just like rhodies for about AUS$1,200 !

I wanna be just like Rhodie

PSST Rhodie .... Laos Craypot Mike just bought a 625KTM.