Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 02:45 AM   #16531
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
I'm gonna unload my solo seat with rack and custom cover soon. Will post tomorrow in the flea market, shoot me a PM if anyone's in the market.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:30 AM   #16532
Jim_C
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Rear shocks

What would be the current selection for rear shocks. I have searched and read this thread a couple of times.
I just like to double check.
90 percent street use. Occasional 2 up. How are the Progressive brand that I see on ebay?

Also rear luggage rack. Looks like Ventura is good, the Renntek is UK only ?
Jim_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #16533
Bikebits
Scramblin' man

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by goo_nadd View Post
What would be the current selection for rear shocks. I have searched and read this thread a couple of times.
90 percent street use. Occasional 2 up. How are the Progressive brand that I see on ebay?

Shocks: Can't speak for Progressives, but Ikons work well and are very good value for the money.

Renntec racks are super sturdy, look right on the Triumph twins and are available from a few US suppliers.

'06 Triumph Scrambler Trans-Labrador veteran
Bikebits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #16534
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!

Oddometer: 402
Well, I am headed down the road of modding my Scrambler. I got a really sweet deal on a 07 Scrambler about a month or so ago. Bike is in good shape and looks mostly new but has high miles. First thing on my list was to replace the leaking cam cover gasket. Done, easy peasy.

Now I am in the middle of adding double front headlights I picked up from Aztec8.com. I went with the black 5 3/4. This is a bit more involved. If anyone decides to do this hit me up and I'll give you the heads up on the wiring. It looks complicated but in fact it is pretty easy.

The pain in the ass in all this is relocating all the wiring stuffed in the stock headlight housing and relocating the ignition.

I hope to have this buttoned up on Saturday. Here are a few pics of where I am at. Notice a rodent must have taken up residents inside the stock headlamp. Lots wires to be soldered and wrapped. Fun!

Graniteone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #16535
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Graniteone, I'm excited to see the dual headlight set up.

When I mounted my mini head light I had to find a place for the nest of wires in the bucket. Took some patience but I managed to route them all under the left and right side of the tank.

Good luck.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:11 PM   #16536
kiwicaveman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_C View Post

I've got Gazi 380s fully adjustable compression and rebound thread ajustable preload rebiuldable work realy well on my scrambler, $800 fitted been giving them a hard time for 2 years
kiwicaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #16537
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_C View Post

Ikon, Progressive, Works, Ohlins, YSS, Ricor(?), etc. Many shock choices Jim.
Some may be more of a euro or down under choice (availability). Do your homework and study! Emails, phone calls...
What one guy likes, another dislikes, like the never ending oil debate...
The Gazi's look pretty cool.
My thought is, if you buy cheap shocks will somebody rebuild them if you don't like them? Some have said YSS ae stiff shocks vs plush.
Gotta study!

I have YSS on a old Honda, Progressives on an old Yamaha RD and Works on my Scrambler.
Most don't go Works because they're spendy. They all hold the bike up.
Sounds dangerous.

Maxacceleration screwed with this post 01-03-2013 at 05:16 PM
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #16538
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!

Double Headlights Finished

Got some time this evening to button everything up. I think it looks pretty good and went rather smoothly aside from all the fucking wiring being a pain in the asrse. Way too much bs wiring on that loom. I attached the ignition switch to the side of the headlight bracket with a small L shaped bracket and now it is top facing.

The lights are way brighter than stock but I ll need to do some evening rides to see what the deal really is with these, my gut tells me they are going to work great.

Next up is new bars, mirrors and Pivot Pegz. Shocks are going to wait till summer.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #16539
BlueBlazerIrregular
Bike Punk

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graniteone View Post
Got some time this evening to button everything up. I think it looks pretty good and went rather smoothly aside from all the fucking wiring being a pain in the asrse. Way too much bs wiring on that loom. I attached the ignition switch to the side of the headlight bracket with a small L shaped bracket and now it is top facing.

The lights are way brighter than stock but I ll need to do some evening rides to see what the deal really is with these, my gut tells me they are going to work great.

Next up is new bars, mirrors and Pivot Pegz. Shocks are going to wait till summer.

I HOPE that some team at Triumph sees how good this looks, this SHOULD be an option! Looks GREAT and USEFUL!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:01 AM   #16540
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Got some time this evening to button everything up....
Well to B honest I do not fancy the double vision (although I understand the reason why) but whats makes me really excited is your garage! Scram, GS 800, GS 1200, KTM ... Bf-109, gliders, acrobats Do you fly RC planes? In that case I can explain how to transport 95 inch glider to the airport on Triumph Scrambler ....
Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #16541
Graniteone
3,2,1...Beer me!

I think the double light set up looks great. Big pat on my back..

Yup, lots of slope gliders from 3m carbon sweetness to combat wings and a good variety in between. I tend to do everything to excess when it comes to my hobbies.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #16542
Jim_C
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Dual lights looks good. I added dual lights today.
The lights will be parked next to the scrambler.
Jim_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #16543
B02S4
Aye

Oddometer: 979
Quote:
I think the double light set up looks great...
Me two.
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #16544
htono
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Bike dies, seems to starve for gas

Hi,

I recently purchased a 2013 jet black scrammie and right off the showroom it often just dies. It seems to get starved for gas. Took it back to the dealer but they couldn't find any fault. I'm in Colombia, so mechanic options are few and far between.
Any ideas/suggestions?
So far I've fitted and airbox removal kit with pod filters, a TTP remap with map 4, eliminated the AI and O2 sensors, installed an Arrow 2-1, replaced the headlight with an EMGO housing, a 7" Hella light unit and PIAA extreme white bulbs all wired up with Eastern Beaver relays, replaced the handlebar with the Hammarhead MX offering, took apart the central wire loom and rebuilt the entire thing to eliminate many feet of redundant/unnecessary cables and connectors, relocated the regulator to under the seat, the horn to under the gas tank, replaced turn signals by Oberlon LEDs, relocated ignition.
I have on order Andreani cartridges, Ohlins 538 shocks, Joker bar end mirrors.
Oh, and I completely de-badged the bike. I hate the glued-on plastic badges made to resemble the oldies so they went into the trash can. Also had the side covers resprayed all black with no graphics.
Next up will be a caliper relocation job and Alpina wheels with wider rims and Twinduro TKC tires.
Can't post pics today of the job so far, but will try tomorrow when I'm back in Bogota with enough bandwidth.
Thanks for comments on the gas issue.
htono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #16545
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 371
Inside the Efi tank

I had to take out the fuel pump and put it in my spare tank since that came without.
Here some pictures of it..

Fuel cabel

The pump taken out

Its heavy and sure take a lot off the litre capasity

Result

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote