ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 03:24 PM   #17041
B02S4
Aye
 
B02S4's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
...CBF 1000 brakes are must. They give great feeling & real BRAKE...
OK, what's involved? is there a thread or detailed post that i missed?
B02S4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #17042
Alexlebrit
125 rider
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Kensington, London
Oddometer: 47
I want one even more now HE'S got one.

Alexlebrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #17043
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
satcen's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Czech Republic/Greece/Turkey/Macedonia
Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam il Cinghio View Post
Please could you give me some infos about this?
I am still collecting experinece. M-lock is made by German Motogadget so its reliable & not cheap. I got it here and the manual + some explantion how it works is here. In general it consists of a sensor, a relay and a key-token. The sensor is not bigger then a coin and can be hiden anywhere even under plastics (mine is under the seat visible on the picture above). Approaching the token to the sensor (operational distance is 2-4 cm) you de/activate the ignition and then just push the button as usuall. So you actually get rid of your keys, ignition box etc. I know one or two things about wiring but I had this stuff done by an expert. Not big deal but my man told me there is a trick on Trimuph he had to bypass (the other bikes disconnect the current but Triumphs disconnect the earth). I am not able to tell you where exactly the connecting points on the bike are I have not done it myself but sooner or later I will check it.
__________________
Current bikes: Triumph Scrambler (09-), Honda CBF 250 (06-)
Bike history: Simson 50 Enduro (84-89), MZ 251 ETZ (90-95), Suzuki XF 650 Freewind (97-02), Aprilia ETV 1000 Caponord (03-09)
satcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #17044
bighead3
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Somewhere north of crazy
Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
Yep, H-D toolbox.
Very nice, I like it. Is that a remote reservoir for your shocks just ahead of the rear shock?
bighead3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:31 PM   #17045
Sam il Cinghio
dirty noob
 
Sam il Cinghio's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Italy
Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
I am still collecting experinece. M-lock is made by German Motogadget so its reliable & not cheap. I got it here and the manual + some explantion how it works is here. In general it consists of a sensor, a relay and a key-token. The sensor is not bigger then a coin and can be hiden anywhere even under plastics (mine is under the seat – visible on the picture above). Approaching the token to the sensor (operational distance is 2-4 cm) you de/activate the ignition and then just push the button as usuall. So you actually get rid of your keys, ignition box etc. I know one or two things about wiring but I had this stuff done by an expert. Not big deal but my man told me there is a trick on Trimuph he had to bypass (the other bikes disconnect the current but Triumphs disconnect the earth). I am not able to tell you where exactly the connecting points on the bike are – I have not done it myself – but sooner or later I will check it.
Thank you Satcen.
M-lock it's not cheap, but it is LESS expensive than OEM (151 euro on worldoftriumph.com, and much more on italian dealers!!!)

I've just repaired my OEM lock, but I don't know how still reliable it is... I think that I'll copy your idea ;)

PS: you lost the "parking" option, I suppose
__________________
My bike

Sam il Cinghio screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 11:50 PM
Sam il Cinghio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:44 AM   #17046
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer
 
satcen's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Czech Republic/Greece/Turkey/Macedonia
Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by B02S4 View Post
OK, what's involved? is there a thread or detailed post that i missed?
There is definitely a thread here but moch more may be found on Triumphrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead3 View Post
Very nice, I like it. Is that a remote reservoir for your shocks just ahead of the rear shock?
Its just cheap repair spray for tubeless tires - always aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam il Cinghio View Post
PS: you lost the "parking" option, I suppose
You put tingsto the right perspective And youre right - no more "parking" light for the evening (I used it last time 20 year ago). I hope the Police wont chceck
__________________
Current bikes: Triumph Scrambler (09-), Honda CBF 250 (06-)
Bike history: Simson 50 Enduro (84-89), MZ 251 ETZ (90-95), Suzuki XF 650 Freewind (97-02), Aprilia ETV 1000 Caponord (03-09)
satcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:51 AM   #17047
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,158
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen View Post
Why have you installed a street lamp into your seat?
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 71000 miles.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 26000 miles.
Bike history [(N) = bought new] :- YAS1, RD350B(N), XS750(N), XT500, XJ650(N), XJ900S(N), CBX750, XL185S, XR250RF, XR600, KTM600LC4, TDR250, R100GS, TS200R, Tiger955i(N), Scrambler900efi, Tiger800XC(N)...
blacktiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #17048
RMAK
The Magnanimous
 
RMAK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 249
The bike or the girl? Is this someone we should know? Does he star in the new "Jaw man" movie? Hope he doesn't catch the corner of that fancy coat in his spokes! Of course, he's got that great helmet for protection if he does...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexlebrit View Post
I want one even more now HE'S got one.

RMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #17049
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur
 
Mastodon's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: The District of Concrete
Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_locker View Post
I'm in...the Tardis is going to need a bigger door.
I was building a full-scale version of a Tardis last year for a photography shoot until I missed my deadline for it. It's over 3' between the corner posts, and the whole box is roughly 9' tall. Nah, it's fine:


What is needed is for him to learn how to ride the bike...


Steve McQueen didn't need a camera truck to stay upright.


But speaking of 2013 mods, when will we get the antigrav mod that let the Doctor ride up the side of the building?
__________________
Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Jacob Mast Photography - site under renovation
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #17050
Goat_locker
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonds, WA
Oddometer: 76
Dr. Who...in the "helmet of death". Just a little better than no helmet at all and I've gotten way too complacent in mine...riding the twisties on my nobbies way too fast. I wear it less and less though. Getting older and wiser I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMAK View Post
The bike or the girl? Is this someone we should know? Does he star in the new "Jaw man" movie? Hope he doesn't catch the corner of that fancy coat in his spokes! Of course, he's got that great helmet for protection if he does...
__________________
2006 Triumph Scrambler
1971 Triumph T120RV Bonneville
2007 BMW R1200GSA
Goat_locker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #17051
RMAK
The Magnanimous
 
RMAK's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Ohio
Oddometer: 249
Dr. Who? I've heard of it, but not a fan. My apologies to those that are. Looks like that drop messed up his woman's manicure.
RMAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #17052
ClineDesign
Grandpa
 
ClineDesign's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: On the Strait of Juan de Fuca
Oddometer: 264
Went for a short ride on a sunny day in the PNW. The Olympics, Klahhane Ridge to the south.



funny names for streets here: Intersection of Kitchen-Dick and Woodcock.


ClineDesign screwed with this post 03-31-2013 at 06:54 PM
ClineDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #17053
Krahe
Studly Adventurer
 
Krahe's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Midwest US
Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexlebrit View Post
I want one even more now HE'S got one.

I want one as well...the bike is nice too.

When did the good doctor get a scrambler? Does anyone know what episode this is in?

Any story about how he dumped the bike in 30ft? Glad the actress wasn't hurt.
__________________
-Stock '07 Triumph Scrambler
6200 miles
Krahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #17054
philosobrad
problem_solvent
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Springfield, MO
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger View Post
why have you installed a street lamp into your seat?
ha!
__________________
Triumph Scram, 640 Adventure, 520 EXC/Supermoto, SV650, RD350,
philosobrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #17055
bartonbrett
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Norfolk, VA
Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClineDesign View Post
Went for a short ride on a sunny day in the PNW. The Olympics, Klahhane Ridge to the south.


Port Angeles?
__________________
2010 Scrambler
2011 Thruxton
2005 KTM 250sx-f
1974 RD 350
1975 RD 250
bartonbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014