Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #17131
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Son Dawg,

Are you keeping your xchallenge?

I've got an xmoto and a scrambler, and have been thinking about getting something more touring friendly, but can't decide which other bike to let go of... It makes more sense to let the scrambler go (and have a big tourer and the little thumper, but I do know that I'd miss the scrambler).

GLWS
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #17132
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark View Post
Hello fellow scrambler friends. I apologize for not responding to the current subjects of this thread, but I am very interested in purchasing a single foot peg from one of you. I need to get a right side driver's peg. If necessary I can buy a whole set but I'd rather just get the one single right side peg. Thanks for any help. Please shoot me a PM if you got one for sale. I could also use a chrome headlight trim ring...

I'm still in the boat. Please sell me the right side drivers peg. I could use a right side stock mirror as well. Thanks for looking.
sark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #17133
chasssmash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,054
If anyone is removing their rear pegs can you let me know - i would be interested in purchasing them-
chasssmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:29 PM   #17134
Sno Dawg
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 712
Yes - I am keeping my XChallenge as it suits my riding needs right now. I was also thinking that in time I might be in the market for a BMW 1150 GSA as a bigger tourer for on and off road. It would suit my needs well. I had a BMW 450 that was a blast to ride and a real rocket, but I barely put any miles on it and sold it last summer.

The XChallenge get my vote for my daily driver on and off road. I did an enduro with it last year and got 2nd place - 3rd overall!

The Scrambler is such a fantastic bike and if I could afford a few bikes and an FJ40 Land Cruiser, I would keep it.

Sno Dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Son Dawg,

Are you keeping your xchallenge?

I've got an xmoto and a scrambler, and have been thinking about getting something more touring friendly, but can't decide which other bike to let go of... It makes more sense to let the scrambler go (and have a big tourer and the little thumper, but I do know that I'd miss the scrambler).

GLWS
2007 Toyota Tacoma TRD SR5 V6 - RED SLED- RTT - 3 inch lift
Sno Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #17135
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by optical View Post
What bags are those?
That would be the Kreiga Overlander 60. Each side is two 15 liter bags mounted on a hard plastic mounting plate, which I have on a MetalMule rack. 60L total. Greatest thing about these bags is that not only does it let me compartmentalize my gear, but if I know I'll be going somewhere where there's not much fuel, I can replace one of the bags with two one gallon Rotopax containers. It may not be the cheapest setup, but it's practical, versatile, and I think looks pretty good.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #17136
2T2_Ryder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Another exhaust question

I know this has probably been beat to death but I searched and found no definitive answers on this specifically. I want to put on an arrow 2 to 1, problem is, the scram is the only bike my wife will ride on. Does anyone have experience with 2 up and arrow exhaust? Is the heat shielding as sufficient as the stock exhaust for passengers? Hotter/cooler? Just looking for some input before I plunk down the big bucks. The other option is TORs but I prefer the sound of the arrow, more sport v twin sound vs the harleyish sound of the TORs. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
2T2_Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #17137
bighead3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStorm View Post
That would be the Kreiga Overlander 60. Each side is two 15 liter bags mounted on a hard plastic mounting plate, which I have on a MetalMule rack. 60L total. Greatest thing about these bags is that not only does it let me compartmentalize my gear, but if I know I'll be going somewhere where there's not much fuel, I can replace one of the bags with two one gallon Rotopax containers. It may not be the cheapest setup, but it's practical, versatile, and I think looks pretty good.
I really like it. What type of plastic did you use for the mount and where did you get it? If you don't mind me asking.
bighead3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #17138
KSTriple
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2T2_Ryder View Post
I know this has probably been beat to death but I searched and found no definitive answers on this specifically. I want to put on an arrow 2 to 1, problem is, the scram is the only bike my wife will ride on. Does anyone have experience with 2 up and arrow exhaust? Is the heat shielding as sufficient as the stock exhaust for passengers? Hotter/cooler? Just looking for some input before I plunk down the big bucks. The other option is TORs but I prefer the sound of the arrow, more sport v twin sound vs the harleyish sound of the TORs. Thanks in advance for any feedback!
The arrow doesn't hold as much heat as the stock pipe does. My wifes only complaint is that it is a little wider than stock. The heat shield does its job. It isn't any louder than stock unless you take the baffle out or modify it.
KSTriple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:01 AM   #17139
gk ryder
is this thing on?

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2T2_Ryder View Post
Yeah no problems from the Mrs for any extra heat from Arrow.
As stated a little wider but the factory kit comes with a little longer passenger peg (but we don't even use that) so you should be fine.

And yes with baffle out or modified the sound on the gas is belissimo :)
gk ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #17140
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead3 View Post
I really like it. What type of plastic did you use for the mount and where did you get it? If you don't mind me asking.
I don't mind at all, though I may not be the best person to talk about it. Fellow inmate (and Scrambler owner) Amanlikemike is the US Distributer for Kriega Luggage, and maintains a thread over in the Vendors section. A good guy and offers free shipping for the rest of us inmates.

This is that hard plastic mounting plate, and two of them come with the Overlander 60, one for each side of the bike. If you wanted to, you could buy just that plate, letting you mount your own soft luggage to it. Those clamps will mount to any 18mm round frame, though I think other sizes are available or are being developed. You'd have to ask Mike for sure.

Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #17141
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 910
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme scrambler View Post
I can't wait for the front fender to come back from paint!!
Well done Extreme , how has this affected the handling of the bike , has lengthening the wheelbase & the offset front forks slowed down the steering a great deal ?
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #17142
DRZ400SK4
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,047
Yes, my baby makes sweet music...

My Time Machine Video Clip

My Photos In Google Earth
DRZ400SK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:49 PM   #17143
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Cool video
xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:47 AM   #17144
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,476
Apologies if this has been posted before but I don't visit too much these days. Anyway, this bloke's going RTW on his Scram http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=877933
Old 04-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #17145
ajsimmo
Crinkley Codger

Oddometer: 82
Talking New seat

Had it re-upholstered, but I'm not too sure if I like it better than my previous one.??????

Old Seat

New seat

More examples here
ajsimmo is offline   Reply With Quote