Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #1726
danger_dave OP
Home again

Oddometer: 3,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramitupurs84
I like the look of the Scrambler..hows any big boy's ride them like say 6'7' and about 270#'s?
6'5" 240. Really comfortable bike.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #1727
scrambled
hillbilly

Oddometer: 180
new horn on the way

Have never subscribed to the "loud pipes save lives" point of view. Some loud pipes sound good but I don't necassarily think that they are a lifesaver. However, I have found myself wishing for a louder horn at times to startle a whitetail deer out of it's daze or to make sure that person talking on their cell phone while driving their SUV is aware that they are about to pull out in front of me.
Sooo...........have ordered a Ear Cannon Air Horn. Claims to be the loudest motorcycle horn available @ 139 db. For $37 I figured it was worth trying.
I read some product reviews and they were very favorable. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Will take pics of installation on Scrambler and post w/ my review.
Attached Images

scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #1728
scrambled
hillbilly

tailbag ?

I'm still on a mission to find a tailbag that fits good on the accessory solo seat/luggage rack. Went to Iron Pony store in Columbus a couple of days ago and came up empty handed. Anyone else come up w/ something ?
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2008, 08:19 AM   #1729
scrambled
hillbilly

new horn

Hopefully my new horn will startle fellas like this away from the edge of the road. Was on my way to a R.A.T. ride in April and this guy was just standing on the edge of the road. Decided it would be in my best interest to stop and let him decide what he wanted to do before I went any further. Was the first long ride on my new Scrambler and had no desire to tangle with a young black angus bull. He just stood there staring at me for what seemed like forever (was probably only a minute or two) and finally wandered off towards his mother & pasture.

Be careful out there.
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #1730
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrambled
I'm still on a mission to find a tailbag that fits good on the accessory solo seat/luggage rack. Went to Iron Pony store in Columbus a couple of days ago and came up empty handed. Anyone else come up w/ something ?
Look here:

http://www.tbags.com/productsall.aspx

http://www.saddlemen.com/touring-lug...g-luggage.html
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:33 AM   #1731
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,017
Quote:

First of all, what is the plane in the picture in the other thread? I am usually good at plane ID, but that one has me stumped.

I use a Ventura system with a large and small rack, and the small rack has a wonderful luggage bag. I know it is more than you are looking for, but the quality and looks are super, so thought I'd mention it. I also added a horn (Fiamme [sp?]) that prolly isn't nearly as good as yours will be, but is 3X better than stock!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #1732
scrambled
hillbilly

plane ?

Not sure what type plane is in photo. Is on display at Wright-Patterson AFB Museum in Dayton, Ohio. Was the only plane outside that I could park Scrambler close to. Sorry.
One of the guys in Dayton RAT pack has a photo "tag" game going on where you post a photo of your bike w/ a landmark or something interesting in the background. Then the others try to locate your photo spot and take a pic of their bike in the same spot. Whoever gets there first and posts pic, gets to post new photo in a different location. Thought I'd give it a try. This is my first tag and no one has found it yet. I figured this would be an easy tag for them to locate since the rat pack is located in Dayton (couple of hours from my house). Might sound a little nerdy but I had fun trying to locate previous tag.

scrambled screwed with this post 06-14-2008 at 09:36 AM
Old 06-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #1733
scrambled
hillbilly

Laugh oh yeah

Thanks! Think I'll try that TNT tank n tail bag from tbags. Looks to be versatile and the size I'm looking for.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #1734
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Eh?

Quote:
Have never subscribed to the "loud pipes save lives" point of view. Some loud pipes sound good but I don't necassarily think that they are a lifesaver. However, I have found myself wishing for a louder horn at times to startle a whitetail deer out of it's daze or to make sure that person talking on their cell phone while driving their SUV is aware that they are about to pull out in front of me.
Sooo...........have ordered a Ear Cannon Air Horn. Claims to be the loudest motorcycle horn available @ 139 db. For $37 I figured it was worth trying.
I read some product reviews and they were very favorable. Should be here Monday or Tuesday. Will take pics of installation on Scrambler and post w/ my review.
Good pic, I have always loved going to the wright pat museum. One of the best museums ever IMO.

I am only interested if the horn causes people to violently soil themselves or painful sterilization. I wish I had one yesterday when a lady cut me off while I was in a roudabout. But she wasnt the one who really pissed me off. The one who pissed me off was the SECOND lady who seeing my tire screeching halt pulled out in front of me from the same spot right after the other woman. I just didnt feel the stock horn gets the string of profanities across well.
Old 06-14-2008, 12:47 PM   #1735
scrambled
hillbilly

horn

Some of the reviews I read talked about causing people to spill hot coffe. Check horn out at aerostich's website. Don't order one yet. Mine is on it's way and I'll give my impressions after install.
Old 06-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #1736
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
Quote:

Be careful out there.
Beef is normally quite predictable, (unless obviously spooked).
TOR's do help to notify loose stock, and the movement catches your eye.
Sheep can be flighty buggars, (double back n cut across you).
Goats, pigs horses etc are alot more predictable than humans in cages.
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #1737
Denis
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 626
Get that loud horn, they really do help and can save you ass. I run these on my Jeep

http://www.offroadoverstock.com/stor...id=&modelyear=

and they have saved my bacon many times from dumbass, inattentive drivers.

Denis
Denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:44 AM   #1738
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,755
I actually like that sissy bar. Is it made specifically for the Scrambler or any Bonnie?

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:28 AM   #1739
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis
Get that loud horn, they really do help and can save you ass. I run these on my Jeep

http://www.offroadoverstock.com/stor...id=&modelyear=

and they have saved my bacon many times from dumbass, inattentive drivers.

Denis
Oh hells yes! Those things look serious. I could knock some wigs off with a few of those puppies.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:28 PM   #1740
ksnak
Duc Gal

Oddometer: 134
New (soon to be) Scrambler Owner Questions

Hi There. I have a deposit down on a 2008 tangerine/silver Scrambler that should arrive in about 2-3 weeks. I'm very excited about becoming a Scrambler owner, based on all I've read about the bike.

I've been reading through this thread for quite a long time, trying hard to find a picture of the tangerine/silver color, but don't see one. Does anyone have pictures of their tangerine/sliver Scrambler to post?

Also, on the luggage issue -- Someone here commented about the Ventura system and how happy they are with it. Just curious -- Does the Ventura system require you to drill addtional holes in the bike's fender for the rack?

Thanks much in advance for your assistance with my questions. I'm really jazzed about getting a Scrambler!

Kathy

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi
ksnak is offline   Reply With Quote