Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #1741
The Jerk
Bring us some fresh wine!

Oddometer: 2,488
I don't have a pic of the orange/silver but I have seen one in person at the local dealership and it looks fantastic. Then it was gone from the showroom floor but I later saw what I presume to be the same one going down the road in Brooklyn. It's a great color combo and since it's new for '08 you won't see yourself going down the road.
The Jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #1742
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 910
Ventura Racks

Nope, no drilling required , they just bolt straight on , easy peasy.
Hope you enjoy your new toy
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:26 PM   #1743
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,944
Old 06-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #1744
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,044
Scrammy on the track

It was Truimph Day at Portland (Oregon) International Raceway, so Trumpet riders got a chance to take four laps around this excellent track.
We were not supposed to pass the lead bikes but that was no problem, as they went too fast for most people to catch! My Scrambler edged over 100 mph (indicated) on the straight and cornered as well as any of the new classics from what I could see. Since I weigh 250 with gear I think the Scrambler more than held its own.

Definately one of the highlights of my motorcycling life!

Sorry, no pics unless they appear on my dealer's site.

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:39 PM   #1745
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
It was Truimph Day at Portland (Oregon) International Raceway, so Trumpet riders got a chance to take four laps around this excellent track.
We were not supposed to pass the lead bikes but that was no problem, as they went too fast for most people to catch! My Scrambler edged over 100 mph (indicated) on the straight and cornered as well as any of the new classics from what I could see. Since I weigh 250 with gear I think the Scrambler more than held its own.

Definately one of the highlights of my motorcycling life!

Sorry, no pics unless they appear on my dealer's site.
You lucky dog (so to speak)! That sounds awesome!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:48 PM   #1746
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe
You lucky dog (so to speak)! That sounds awesome!
I still feel as perky as a pup!

Emily Bronte
Old 06-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #1747
Canucks_Fan
Hockey thug, beer swiller

Oddometer: 30
Just finished a nice 10 day, 2800 mile mini-vacation and topped it off by riding the Hells Canyon 250 mile poker run (that was actually 425 miles after you account for the detour to see Hells Canyon- couldn't believe the Hells Canyon poker run didn't go to Hells Canyon). I rode my Scrambler in snow, ice (not on purpose), sandy loam, gravel, and yes, even some asphalt. I was REALLY impressed with the new Tourances I outfitted before I left. Here's a view from on top of the Blue Mountains, looking towards Pendleton, OR.

Canucks_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #1748
scrambled
hillbilly

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
My Scrambler edged over 100 mph (indicated) on the straight and cornered as well as any of the new classics from what I could see.
The ton !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a blast.
scrambled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #1749
ksnak
Duc Gal

Oddometer: 134
Hey, thanks guys for your responses to my Scrambler inquiries. I can't wait to see my tangerine/sliver when it arrives. I've seen the red, blue and green models in real life, but only the Triumph promo ad photo in the tangerine (orange). It looks like it will be a very nice looking color combo. On the practical side, glad to hear the Ventura luggage system doesn't require drilling holes, and happy to hear there is indeed a way to haul some luggage on the Scrambler (one of my great concerns when I was considering my purchase).

Another question I have -- What about windshields? I know that Triumph sells the fly screen that fits the Scrambler -- does it really do much to assist with wind blast? Anyone have a better (more effective for wind blast) one they use?

Thanks again,

Kathy

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi
ksnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #1750
scrambled
hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnak
What about windshields? I know that Triumph sells the fly screen that fits the Scrambler -- does it really do much to assist with wind blast?

Kathy
my 2 cents.....the flyscreen does help a small amount with the wind blast on my chest......not much, but a little. It certainly doesn't put you in a "still pocket" like a larger shield. It does seem to help lessen helmet buffeting. Effects will no doubt vary w/ rider heighth.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:40 PM   #1751
milkman
can't find my screwdriver

Oddometer: 137
Oilhed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilhed
I actually like that sissy bar. Is it made specifically for the Scrambler or any Bonnie?
Its for any of the modern classics, and is really practical. The pillion is enjoying the added security, and doesn't keep me jammed on the tank all teh time now, which is really nice

I'm going to pick up a cheap rack bag and see how it goes sliding over teh top of the sissy bar, otherwise i just bungee chord/net things on.

I also picked up the saddle bag racks, that attach to it, going to mount one on the left - so should have some nice carrying capacity

Anyone here tried tank panniers on a Scrambler?
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:42 AM   #1752
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Has anyone followed the maintenance schedule in their owners manual? It says to take the bike in for the first checkup at 500 miles. I calle the shop and they said it would take 3 hours and cost about $170. Umm what? The bike runs fine.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 AM   #1753
Canucks_Fan
Hockey thug, beer swiller

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnak

Another question I have -- What about windshields? I know that Triumph sells the fly screen that fits the Scrambler -- does it really do much to assist with wind blast?
Yes, it helps quite a bit. I'd say it knocks down about 75% of the wind that would normally be hitting the chest area. IMO this is a must for a Scrambler.
Canucks_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:48 AM   #1754
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Quote:
Has anyone followed the maintenance schedule in their owners manual? It says to take the bike in for the first checkup at 500 miles. I calle the shop and they said it would take 3 hours and cost about $170. Umm what? The bike runs fine.
I did that, mostly because I really trust my dealer and that is what he recomended. Also, I thought it would be good in order to make sure the warrantee stayed rock solid. The biggest part of your cost will be the 4 quarts of synthetic oil and the oil filter; the rest is synching the carbs, checking and readjusting all fittings/chain, etc.

Pretty sure the 500 mile check is to make sure the dealer knows the bike has the oil changed and tht all the new parts are broken in. If this is no big deal to you and you change you own oil (which I do now), then you can go ahead and do it, or just skip it. The biggest thing may be whether skipping this service puts the warrantee in question.

Emily Bronte
Old 06-16-2008, 07:49 AM   #1755
scrambled
hillbilly

Quote:
I changed the oil and looked the bike over @ approx. 600 miles. Closest dealer is over 70 miles from my home. I plan on doing my own maintenance. Not sure what the difference is but dealer did tell me that new bike has "break in" oil installed @ factory and that it does need changed around 500 miles. I happened to hit and pass the 500 mile mark on a long Sunday ride so I was a few miles past before oil was changed. Being an air cooled engine.........I plan on changing the oil a bit more frequently than what is reccomended in owners manual. Have never let any of my vehicles go 6,000 miles between oil changes. Anyone else have thoughts on oil change intervals ?

scrambled screwed with this post 06-16-2008 at 08:03 AM