every minute of owning and riding it. This thread was an amazing
resource. Cheers.
zeb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #17642
MartinPetren
Swedish Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Scrambler?

Hi, first of all, I'm sorry if this isn't a scrambler. I'm an offroad guy and don't usually look at these kind of bikes. But lately I have started the get fond of the scrambler. Yesterday I was out shooting some pictures with my camera and while walking home I came to this roundabout and these two guys entered it. I did not have the camera on so I quickly started it and managed to capture this:

I think it came out quite okay, I hope you like it! The guy seemed to enjoy his evening ride atleast ( he smiled a lot on the second picture I took when I gave him the thumbs up) :)

Martin
Old 06-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #17643
manyu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinPetren View Post
Hi, first of all, I'm sorry if this isn't a scrambler. I'm an offroad guy and don't usually look at these kind of bikes. But lately I have started the get fond of the scrambler. Yesterday I was out shooting some pictures with my camera and while walking home I came to this roundabout and these two guys entered it. I did not have the camera on so I quickly started it and managed to capture this:

I think it came out quite okay, I hope you like it! The guy seemed to enjoy his evening ride atleast ( he smiled a lot on the second picture I took when I gave him the thumbs up) :)

Martin
Yup, that's the Scrambler alright. Great picture btw. :)
manyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #17644
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
The Dart flyscreen likely won't do much for you until you lean over the tank slightly, but then it helps tremendously. I am 6'3 and used one on a 1300 mile trip recently. I will be purchasing a National Deflector Street Shield EX for the next trip as I am not satisfied with the Dart.

I have the Sato Racing helmet lock on my Scrambler and it's great. It mounts under the left rear shock.
Man I wish I did a little more reading and knew about that EX shield. I got the DX last year and I just can't get it adjusted well (I'm 6'2"). It makes a missive difference for wind on the chest, but no matter what I do I still get some nasty helmet noises. Maybe I'll send it off to the flea market and try out an EX.
ChuBrocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #17645
ChuBrocka
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
Thanks Aeon. I am not sure I like the look of the Street Shield too much. I like that the flyscreen is small and adds to the Scrambler charm, but of course the interstate speeds seem like they would be a concern.
They really serve difference purposes. I also hate the look of the big screens, but on a long tour it really cuts down the fatigue. For short rides and commuting the dart does make a difference, just not a big one. I ride with nothing of the Dart most of the time and put the big ugly on when I'm on trips.
ChuBrocka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #17646
rsl_shot
n00b

Oddometer: 6
New 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctscrambler View Post
Just picked up a bike I've wanted for years, even when I was owning different BMW's. just needed a bike with some character and souls! This is it! Waited to find a gloss black model with fuel injection! Really don't want to make any changes for this season. Maybe remove the baffles from the exhaust next year but just exited to put some miles and enjoy the summer!

Without pullin out he owners manual, does anyone have any advice on engine break in? Coming up on 1000 miles on this 2010 bike.

Thanks in advance!

Where in the world did you find a 3 yr old Scrambler with only 1000 mis on it ? Mine's 6 weeks old and has that many miles on it, with no long trips. Unless it was a dealer demo I'd want to make sure the break in oil was changed before I rode it hard. Also certain parts like steering head or swing arm bushings (bearings ?) are kept lubed by use. They should probably be checked. Maybe I'm a pessimist but I was always told to be careful of a vehicle with way fewer mis. on it than you would expect for it's age.
Having said that, Scrams are great bikes. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I'm enjoying mine
rsl_shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #17647
rsl_shot
n00b

Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyu View Post
Speaking of first service, I am looking for some more advice here.

What is covered in the first service? From the spec sheet, it looks like mostly oil and filter change and visual checks on some other stuff. Is this something I should get done by the dealership since it is the first service or do it myself? It's probably going to cost me around $300 at the dealer.

Also, the Triumph owner manual states the following:

"The machine must have been serviced by an authorized Triumph dealer, at the intervals specified in the Triumph Owners Handbook and the service log completed accordingly."

http://www.triumphmotorcycles.com/th...and-conditions

Does that mean that the warranty is void if you do the servicing yourself?
I guess it depends on where you live. I was told that as long as there is a Triumph dealer available to do the service you MUST have them do it or you void the warranty. Exactly how far away they are before they're "not available" may be a matter for the courts. I just figured the first service was part of the purchase price. By the time it's ready for the 6000 mi. service I may change my mind and do it myself. But I like the idea of having that first 6000 mis of coverage. BTW they adjusted the chain and both cables and ran an autoscan checked tire pressure along with changing the oil and filter. Considering the cost of the oil it really wasn't all that expensive.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #17648
sprouty115
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl_shot View Post
I guess it depends on where you live. I was told that as long as there is a Triumph dealer available to do the service you MUST have them do it or you void the warranty. Exactly how far away they are before they're "not available" may be a matter for the courts. I just figured the first service was part of the purchase price. By the time it's ready for the 6000 mi. service I may change my mind and do it myself. But I like the idea of having that first 6000 mis of coverage. BTW they adjusted the chain and both cables and ran an autoscan checked tire pressure along with changing the oil and filter. Considering the cost of the oil it really wasn't all that expensive.
If you talking about AZ, then whoever told you that was incorrect. Here is the relevant info for the US. http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...ne-maintenance
sprouty115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #17649
rsl_shot
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouty115 View Post
If you talking about AZ, then whoever told you that was incorrect. Here is the relevant info for the US. http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...ne-maintenance
Thanks for setting me straight. I guess at my age I shouldn't be surprised I was given incorrect info from different sources. Glad to get the right info.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #17650
badlittlerobots
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouty115 View Post
What's odd though is at least in my 2013 manual it explicitly states that if the first maintenance of 500 miles / 1 month whichever comes first isn't done in that time frame by an authorized dealer then the warranty is void. Though obviously the link you posted contradicts that. When I bought mine and immediately had to go out of state for like 3 weeks and new it would be stupid to so the maintenance with only like 60 miles on it I called the dealer about that wording and they said "just get 500 miles on it and then bring it in. Ignore the manual"
badlittlerobots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #17651
Ctscrambler
2010 Scrambler Black

Oddometer: 37
Picture of new ride

http://pbckt.com/pH.JKTr4Q
Ctscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:06 PM   #17652
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Very nice

xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #17653
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,428
Question Where to Shop?

While my Scrambler may be my favorite bike, it is not my most ridden one. As such I have not done much (OK, any) farkling for a couple of years. Surfing a bit, I have not found much in the way of great sources for 'stuff'. It seems that if you are not looking for a windshield or factory Triumph cosmetics, there isn't very much out there. I understand that the Scrambler will not likely ever rival the DR or KLR in attracting accessory manufacturers but.....
Perhaps I am just spoiled by having a company like Procycle for all things DR, is there any similar Scrambler source that I have been missing?

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #17654
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 900
www.newbonneville.com
www.bellacorse.com
www.jenksbolts.com
www.thunderbike.co.nz
www.normanhyde.co.uk
tpusa google it

The euro guys could chip in with a few.