Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2006, 08:01 AM   #166
Gernick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,615
With the new headers it might be a little easier to tuck in. The stock pipes with all the shielding leaves my right leg way out all the time. I knew that when I bought it and its not that big of a deal but it would be nice to be able to tuck in that right leg just a bit more.
Gernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #167
Rovas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
DD, Great Pixs. That must have been alot of fun. I have a friend moving to A-land in a month and might have to visit him to go on one.

I still haven't had a chance to test ride a Scrambler yet, and it doesn't look like I'll get to this weekend. You seem to have ridden alot of "adventure" bikes, so maybe you could answer a couple questions. How does the Scrambler compare to the BM'er F650 (I have test rode a Dakar) in power, smoothness,...? Since I will be doing approximately 80% of my riding on the street, I'm basically looking for a street bike that I can take on dirt roads. It seems all of the "adventure" scoots can handle the dirt roads well, but which one do you think will make a better, smoother street bike?

About the only bike I haven't test ridden that I'm interested in is the Scrambler. Maybe next week. Thanks again and great pixs. bg
Rovas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:00 PM   #168
Oilhed
MarkF

Oddometer: 3,726
That exhaust looks great. Of course it's on last years Scrambler, with silver motor/tranny, which I love. Next years Scrambler has a blacked out motor/tranny only. Guess I'll wait and see what 2008 brings. Maybe a larger fuel tank!

new bike - BMW R1150GS
old bikes - Ducati ST3 (RIP), BMW R1100R, R75 & R65, Suzuki Bandit 600, Guzzi V65SP, Kawi KLR600, etc.
Oilhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:10 PM   #169
danger_dave OP
Home again

Oddometer: 3,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by majbg
How does the Scrambler compare to the BM'er F650 (I have test rode a Dakar) in power, smoothness,...?
I think quite favourably on all counts. I would take a scrambler anywhere you could take a Dakar or GS1200 if they had comparable tyres.

As posted elsewhere - I'm not interested in racing or riding up the sides of jagged mountains or across raging torrents - I like an explore up a dirt road and getting away from it all a bit. The Scrambler does all that in style.
danger_dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #170
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
The Tart

OK, here's "Scrambled" because nothin's quite right as is.

After several hundred miles of scootin' `round the area on bad roads, dirt roads and cow trails, I can say that this bike is ideal FOR ME and FOR WHAT I WANT IT TO DO.

Many thanks to Tony@Eurosport in Fort Worth!

The FJR had a great motor, but this is a great bike...
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #171
Rovas
Adventurer

Sounds about like my speed and interest. I broke my thumb and collar bone playing motocross with my old XL 350R and have since then curved my off-road enthusiam. More street riding to get to the dirt roads that will take me up the mountain passes here in CO. Thanks for the info. bg
Old 10-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #172
Rovas
Adventurer

Finally test rode one yesterday, Very Nice. its the last one the shop has and they want to make a deal on it for me. I need to ride the F650 first before i go pick up the Scrambler. One concern I have is that we have very nice, but cold days here (when you get up in the mts where I ride) and I think I will have to put a fairing on it and that seems almost sacreligious. Has anyone toyed with a fairing on their Scrambler? Thanks. bg
Old 12-20-2006, 09:45 PM   #173
bung1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Laugh merry xmas

MERRY XMAS ALL YOU MAD BUGGERS, CHEERS BUNG
bung1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:05 PM   #174
Tejas
Sir Rides Alot

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Finally test rode one yesterday, Very Nice. its the last one the shop has and they want to make a deal on it for me. I need to ride the F650 first before i go pick up the Scrambler. One concern I have is that we have very nice, but cold days here (when you get up in the mts where I ride) and I think I will have to put a fairing on it and that seems almost sacreligious. Has anyone toyed with a fairing on their Scrambler? Thanks. bg
It's not much. They do make a taller model than this one.
Attached Images

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:22 PM   #175
mutineer
Raoul Duke Lives

Oddometer: 18,906
Quote:
I used to have an F650 Dakar

current ride is a '04 Bonneville

that Scrambler will make you a much happier person

and your wallet will thank you as well

"Enjoy every sandwich" - Warren Zevon
mutineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:14 AM   #176
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by bung1
MERRY XMAS ALL YOU MAD BUGGERS, CHEERS BUNG
May the Peace and Joy of the Celebration of His Birth be with you all.
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #177
PassTheGravy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutineer
I used to have an F650 Dakar

current ride is a '04 Bonneville

that Scrambler will make you a much happier person

and your wallet will thank you as well
I used to own an F650, which I liked very much. I have test ridden a Scrambler. If I was buying today, I would buy the Scrambler unless I was really planning on more offroad adventures. But if (like most of us) my use was mainly street and some light-duty trails, it would be the Scrambler.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:23 PM   #178
dynamos2000
is boinking your mom

Oddometer: 1,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheGravy
I used to own an F650, which I liked very much. I have test ridden a Scrambler. If I was buying today, I would buy the Scrambler unless I was really planning on more offroad adventures. But if (like most of us) my use was mainly street and some light-duty trails, it would be the Scrambler.
Whats up gravy! You still got that beautiful sportie?? If so, I'm wondering if your mention about the scrambler has anything to do with what you may not be enjoying on your 883R? Anyway, if I missed a post or three, sorry. Just interested, have a great xmas
Old 12-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #179
Condolini
Fountain of useless info

Oddometer: 2,035
Reminds me of my '75 Honda CL360.

Saw a Scrambler at the Tri dealer last week, too much $$ for an off roader IMO.
Condolini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 01:12 PM   #180
FrenchOnionSoup
Confirmed lunatic

Oddometer: 64
Thanks a lot for the review Danger Dave. I tought motorcycle journalists might be off a bit on the power of the bike. They called it slow, gutless, etc... but it's a dualie motor, so mellow and steady is the name of the game. Nice slide by the way, which also means it is as competent as the rider is off road. I'm still bashing my brains in about going to the 08 KLR or the TE610 of the Scrambler. Brains don't agree, but the Scrambler is where the heart is. Thanks.