Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 09:48 AM   #18226
Simon T
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by munsonbw View Post
I also something like the KLX pegs, I think mine were RM motocross pegs. Either way, as stated a little grinding and they fit OK. The ones I got off ebay did not rest on the "peg holder" the way I liked and I ended up welding some spacers for more contact. I would try the specific ones that geezfools used if you go this route. His sound like a better fit.

If I had it to do all over again I would probably just bought K&L Cycle pegs. I have these on my Tiger and they are great. They run about $100 and are made by a forum member on t-rat (maybe here too?). Can't believe they were mentioned yet.
I think they must have been mentioned before as I saw the link here somewhere and bought them....work great and are real pro
Simon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:15 AM   #18227
b0rderman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Awesome pics Satcen!

Any pics/info on your tool box? Or anyone else for that matter?

I'm heading from Denver -> San Francisco and back at the end of the month and am looking for ideas.

Thanks!
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #18228
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
I like the pics, Satcen. Where did you shot them?
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #18229
bighead3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0rderman View Post
Awesome pics Satcen!

Any pics/info on your tool box? Or anyone else for that matter?

I'm heading from Denver -> San Francisco and back at the end of the month and am looking for ideas.

Thanks!
I asked about that before. He said it was an H.D. Toolbox. Something along this line.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/softail-toolbox
You can find them new and used on e-bay.
bighead3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #18230
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead3 View Post
I asked about that before. He said it was an H.D. Toolbox. Something along this line.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/softail-toolbox
You can find them new and used on e-bay.
Exactly. I got my inspiration from this guy

but I am not that radical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgios View Post
I like the pics, Satcen. Where did you shot them?
Geia sou Giorgo, to be politically correct, it is in the middle of Yugoslav Macedonia, in the no man´s land between the cities Brod-Prilep-Veles.
Some more pics on my Photobucket
Old 09-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #18231
Georgios
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 158
Geia sou, Satcen. Efcharisto.
I like your bike, it looks great.
Georgios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #18232
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Let there be light

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #18233
maydaymike
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethrok View Post
Mounted a set of Shinko 705s on my 2010 Scrambler and have mixed feelings about them:

1. The rear tire rocks. Love it. Put on a size up and have had no issues.
2. The front came on a few weeks later. Do *not* like it. I'm not sure if there is something else involved, but it really has something funny about it.

Its almost like it has a funny profile that I'm fighting. Not sure if its normal, but it isn't nearly as fluid thru the mild ranges I put it thru. Not sure how to describe it, but I don't like how it feels like it drops off as I lean into it. I don't ride it very hard, but the first time I rode it, it felt so odd that I jumped off to make sure everything was tight and where it was supposed to be.

Thoughts?

I noticed the same thing when I put 705's on my Bonneville. After experimenting with tire pressure, I ended up moving the fork tubes up in the triple clamps a little bit (10mm or so). That made it feel much better.

The thing is Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
maydaymike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #18234
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 456
Just got some second hand Ohlins PL 36 shocks. Wondering if you guys can shed any light on the necessary clearance for the reservoir and the muffler?

I've got 5/16" right now:

xaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #18235
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaman View Post
Just got some second hand Ohlins PL 36 shocks. Wondering if you guys can shed any light on the necessary clearance for the reservoir and the muffler?

Can you space the muffler outboard using some washers? Or can the shock be mounted with the reservoir forward - although that may make some of the adjusters very hard to get to. Let us know if you can get a bit more breathing space for that reservoir.
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #18236
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by henryII View Post
Let there be light
I was looking (hoping) so hard to see what you had found for a replacement headlight that I missed the auxiliary lights at first. I hope that they work out and make the bike ridable after dark (getting more important day by day here). To me, the square lights just don't fit the Scrambler 'aesthetic', not a practical approach at all as the bike truly NEEDS functional lighting. I have made a few feeble attempts to find a round, replacement light (with room for all the 'crap' that Triumph stuffed into the oem shell) that will take a conventional lens and lamp, even bought one that looked like it might work but ......
Your approach might make the most sense!

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:13 AM   #18237
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape View Post
I was looking (hoping) so hard to see what you had found for a replacement headlight that I missed the auxiliary lights at first. I hope that they work out and make the bike ridable after dark (getting more important day by day here). To me, the square lights just don't fit the Scrambler 'aesthetic', not a practical approach at all as the bike truly NEEDS functional lighting. I have made a few feeble attempts to find a round, replacement light (with room for all the 'crap' that Triumph stuffed into the oem shell) that will take a conventional lens and lamp, even bought one that looked like it might work but ......
Your approach might make the most sense!

Bruce
Agree Bruce, its not a mod for the eye this one either. But getting older the dawn and evening riding has been more and more difficult. Will use them from now to the winter, and when the season start to may. This Denail is the biggest and they do have a round version as well.

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]

henryII screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 07:21 AM
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #18238
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryII View Post
Agree Bruce, its not a mod for the eye this one either. But getting older the dawn and evening riding has been more and more difficult. Will use them from now to the winter, and when the season start to may. This Denail is the biggest and they do have a round version as well.

I'd like to know you're perception of how they function, and perhaps even some pics of how they light up the road and the ditch. I don't ride at night much, but when I do I always wish for something better...
Old 09-12-2013, 09:22 AM   #18239
xaman
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:

Update:

Did a little test ride today, 40 minutes or so of spirited very lumpy back roads. The shocks are awesome, WAY different than my $200 Hagon classics.

But to the heat issue, after the ride, the right side piggy back resevoir is hot. Not too hot to hold, but definitively warm as compared to the left side.

I added some washers to space the muffler out more, I have a solid 9/16" now. If I flip them to be reservoir forward, I get 1 1/4", but they look so goofy on the left side :(

Anybody know enough about shocks to give some advice?

xaman screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 11:12 AM
Old 09-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #18240
grebmrof
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Update:

I added some washers to space the muffler out more, I have a solid 9/16" now. If I flip them to be reservoir forward, I get 1 1/4", but they look so goofy on the left side :(

Anybody know enough about shocks to give some advice?
Mentioning that the reservoir is warmer than the left side, I would suggest getting some heat shield material (thin alloy and thin glass insulation sandwich) - same as under our gas tanks and probably adhere it to the reservoir, this should reflect and insulate from the muffler heat. It might not look the greatest however and it may need to be occasionally replaced to keep it looking new. Another thought might be to try to build an alloy heat shield to be attached to the muffler between it and the reservoir - not a lot of room in that 9/16", but that could help instead of the insulation material on the shock reservoir. You might be able to combine a small heat shield with some of that insulation material and make an effective heat block for your shock reservoir.

On my Scrambler, I have ZRX shocks with an Arrow scrambler exhaust, I'll have to see how warm my reservoir get, not sure how much space I have between the two, hmmm... BTW, I've got about the same amount of clearance between my shock reservoir and the Arrow muffler - I'll watch the temp. Wonder if while riding the temp of the shock is not impacted, only when stopped and heat radiates does the reservoir get warmed up??? Maybe it all doesn't matter performance wise...any shock experts out there?

grebmrof screwed with this post 09-13-2013 at 01:10 PM
grebmrof is offline   Reply With Quote