User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #1906
coffee guy
roaster of fine coffee

Oddometer: 37
exhaust

i'd say it is warm, but not hot. not an issue for me.

as far as the duc goes, i can't recall the HP for the 696??? the GT1000 is rated at 92HP at the crank. the termi exhaust is good for another 3-5. there are times i wish i had the 130HP of the S4Rs.....

you can not go wrong with the scrambler......just read the posts throughout this thread. having the ability to keep going when the pavement ends is a HUGE benefit. arizona has thousands of miles of fire roads/jeep trails, so the scram is well suited here....

GOOD luck !
[URL="http://coffeeguy.smugmug.com/photos/311225287_sh9jv-M.jpg"]
[URL="http://coffeeguy.smugmug.com/photos/311225163_kSmxm-M.jpg"]
coffee guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #1907
ksnak
Duc Gal

Oddometer: 134
I called the dealer today to check on the status of my order for my tangerine scrambler. The sales rep said, "Well, as a matter of fact your bike has arrived, we've just been so busy this week we haven't gotten it put together yet." I might have my Scrammy by Thursday, but if not then definitely next week.

In case you can't tell I'm just a little excited and happy about the news.

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi
ksnak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:14 PM   #1908
scottdc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnak
I called the dealer today to check on the status of my order for my tangerine scrambler. The sales rep said, "Well, as a matter of fact your bike has arrived, we've just been so busy this week we haven't gotten it put together yet." I might have my Scrammy by Thursday, but if not then definitely next week.

In case you can't tell I'm just a little excited and happy about the news.
Congrats!!! I'm stopping by the dealer tomorrow to bug them about mine, any day now!

BTW, for anyone interested in hard luggage, I emailed the Norman Hyde folks about luggage options and they said Scrambler specific racks are in development.
scottdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:45 AM   #1909
Bulldogs2k
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee guy
i'd say it is warm, but not hot. not an issue for me.

as far as the duc goes, i can't recall the HP for the 696??? the GT1000 is rated at 92HP at the crank. the termi exhaust is good for another 3-5. there are times i wish i had the 130HP of the S4Rs.....

you can not go wrong with the scrambler......just read the posts throughout this thread. having the ability to keep going when the pavement ends is a HUGE benefit. arizona has thousands of miles of fire roads/jeep trails, so the scram is well suited here....

GOOD luck !
The 696 is rated for 80 hp to the crank so it is more than enough for me. I do have a crf230 that I can take for the off highway situations but I LOVE the modern classic style of the scram. So many choices!!!!

How would the bike do for a cross country trip from Virginia to Alaska?
Bulldogs2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 03:00 AM   #1910
Willow70
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
New Scrambler

For you Ksnak

Just picked her up,Zard exhaust on order,TKC's fitted tommorow,you will not be disappointed,these bikes are fantastic!

Cheers

Willow
Willow70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #1911
A mi que?
Love Supreme

Oddometer: 36
Hot asphalt; a cautionary tale

I parked my Scrambler for some chow last night, and put 'er up on the center stand.

After dinner I went out to find the bike had fallen on it's right side. The five stages grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptence) quickly flooded my mind.

Close inspection showed that the bike had sunk about four inches into the asphalt and fell over. The brick flower bed next to the bike had something to say about that as well.

No tank damage, broken right foot peg, dented light bezel ring, and broken solo seat mounts. Yeah, I forgot that the solo seat rack is weak. In my troubled state of mind I tried to right the bike using the rack.

The rear passenger foot peg does indeed work for a quick replacement.
I will try to mate some off road foot pegs from Touratech to replace the soft OEM ones. I will let all know if this works out.

Cheers to you all, enjoy the holiday.
A mi que? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:08 AM   #1912
A mi que?
Love Supreme

Oddometer: 36
Black rims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow70
For you Ksnak

Just picked her up,Zard exhaust on order,TKC's fitted tommorow,you will not be disappointed,these bikes are fantastic!

Cheers

Willow
Willow, what's the story with your black rims? They look great, are they OEM?
A mi que? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:40 AM   #1913
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by A mi que?
I parked my Scrambler for some chow last night, and put 'er up on the center stand.

After dinner I went out to find the bike had fallen on it's right side. The five stages grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptence) quickly flooded my mind.

Close inspection showed that the bike had sunk about four inches into the asphalt and fell over. The brick flower bed next to the bike had something to say about that as well.

No tank damage, broken right foot peg, dented light bezel ring, and broken solo seat mounts. Yeah, I forgot that the solo seat rack is weak. In my troubled state of mind I tried to right the bike using the rack.

The rear passenger foot peg does indeed work for a quick replacement.
I will try to mate some off road foot pegs from Touratech to replace the soft OEM ones. I will let all know if this works out.

Cheers to you all, enjoy the holiday.

Before you get off road pegs, just know that they upgraded the foot pegs to be forged instead of cast, which should be stronger. If you order a new one it will be forged. Unless you specifically want off road pegs.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #1914
M700
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 414
Thumb

Willow70, that looks good!
M700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:34 AM   #1915
coffee guy
roaster of fine coffee

virginny to alaska

hey bulldog,

no doubt the duc wold make it fine, but there are probably more comfortable bikes to make the trip though. i definitely use mine as a sports tourer....i look funny parked next to my brothers gold wing!

employee parking

Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 AM   #1916
coffee guy
roaster of fine coffee

Sorry

A mi que? SORRY to hear about your bike.....that would make me sit down on the curb and cry !
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 AM   #1917
ksnak
Duc Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdc
Congrats!!! I'm stopping by the dealer tomorrow to bug them about mine, any day now!

BTW, for anyone interested in hard luggage, I emailed the Norman Hyde folks about luggage options and they said Scrambler specific racks are in development.
Yours should be in very soon since it sounds like you were right behind me. TMC is so busy right now though, means we have to wait a bit for them to get the bikes together. The sales rep said they hesitated to call me when it came in because they knew it was going to be a wait to get the bike together. Patience, patience. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

That's excellent news about the racks. Do you know if they have any idea when they might be available on the market?

Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi
Old 07-03-2008, 07:32 AM   #1918
ksnak
Duc Gal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow70
For you Ksnak

Cheers

Willow
Thanks Willow! That is one gorgeous looking bike. Your pic makes it even harder for me to have to wait. Is that the Scrambler engine guard I see, painted black?

Old 07-03-2008, 08:46 AM   #1919
scottdc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksnak
Yours should be in very soon since it sounds like you were right behind me. TMC is so busy right now though, means we have to wait a bit for them to get the bikes together. The sales rep said they hesitated to call me when it came in because they knew it was going to be a wait to get the bike together. Patience, patience. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

That's excellent news about the racks. Do you know if they have any idea when they might be available on the market?
No clue on the racks, Norman Hyde just said "very soon". I'm pretty stoked there will be another option besides Metal Mule for the Scrambler as Metal Mule quoted me over $800 for the racks alone with shipping.

Yeah, I've got another bike down at the shop for servicing too and they warned me it could be a while due to how backlogged they are.
scottdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:49 AM   #1920
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by M700
Willow70, that looks good!

+1 Very nice!!!!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote