Very Cool!!!!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #2163
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Wow!
So I finally got the TOR's on today. What a difference. Now it sounds like a motorcycle. I ran it for a few hundred miles with the stock pipes, so I really appreciate the off-road pipes. I love it!
Also, put the single seat on today. I refered to the stock one as the ironing board, and I already like the shape of the single seat better. I think it will be much more comfortable.
Next: Skid plate this weekend. Then, pull the snorkel, replace stock air filter with K&N, re-jet the mains. Tinkering with this bike is addictive!
wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 01:35 AM   #2164
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
Bross, your a tough old coote. -15C
Old 07-24-2008, 06:30 AM   #2165
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri boy
Bross, your a tough old coote. -15C
That's not me tri boy, I just scanned the article. But I do ride when it's that cold, as long as the streets are clear. It can be darn chilly in the morning around here spring and fall, around -10C, but then be up around +8 to +10 at lunch and for the ride home. I don't like riding when it's that cold and merely tolerate the freezing ride in the morning, simply so I can enjoy a beautiful lunch ride.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 06:53 PM   #2166
KTRMN8R
Sand Camel

Oddometer: 1,213
Cool2

Scramblers Kick-Ass!!! I race and ride a 950 Adv,... but a Bro of mine is lookin' to upgrade his Scrambler's front fork spring's performance for fire breaks and mild offroad,... ideas, experiences or direction please???

Speak O' great ones and embelish me with nonsense so that I may regurgitate it into the ears of one who desperately needs your wit and wisdom.

God Bless & Godspeed!
KTRMN8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #2167
bross
Where we riding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTRMN8R
Scramblers Kick-Ass!!! I race and ride a 950 Adv,... but a Bro of mine is lookin' to upgrade his Scrambler's front fork spring's performance for fire breaks and mild offroad,... ideas, experiences or direction please???

Speak O' great ones and embelish me with nonsense so that I may regurgitate it into the ears of one who desperately needs your wit and wisdom.
Um, post #550 for Ohlins or post #554 for YSS
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...&postcount=554

or clicky the little button at the top that says "Search this Thread"
Old 07-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #2168
A mi que?
Love Supreme

Oddometer: 36
Fork spring upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTRMN8R

I went with Race Tech emulators with great results.
A mi que? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #2169
M700
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Thumb

Bross - great photos and article! You da man! I generally just use a 4x4 pickup in snow country though...
M700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #2170
bross
Where we riding to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M700
Bross - great photos and article! You da man! I generally just use a 4x4 pickup in snow country though...
OK guys, for the last time, this ain't me. I just posted the article cause I figure most of you will never see Canadian Biker magazine.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:35 AM   #2171
M700
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Talking

Ooops. My bad. Slurpin' my morning coffee and didn't figure it all out.

Hey - You ride a Scram - You're still da man!
M700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:11 AM   #2172
Peter640
Peter 640

Oddometer: 327
Bling time ....

Some farkles arrived from America ... land of the cheap dollar!

Attached Images

Old 07-26-2008, 09:00 AM   #2173
Nort69
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Bellacorse 6 pot brakes

I just bought some new stuff from Mike at Bellacorse: YSS 302 rears and Hyperpro progressive and YSS PD emulators. I have some questions and Mike is at mid-Ohio so he won't be back til next week. Plus I'm not sure he would have the answers anyway so mayve someone on ADV can help me.
1) The emulators are some type of plastic (probably Delrin) even tho Mike said they are anodized aluminum. I'm going to send them back. But after reading some threads on the Triumph Rat forum and talking to the folks at Racetech, I think that maybe progreesive springs and emulators is not the correct thing to do. Racetech said the progressives defeat the purpose of the emulators. So I decided to try the progressive springs and made a spacer out of schedule 40 PVC and put the springs in with the 40 wt oil Mike suggested. I have not ridden it yet except with the rear shocks and they seem to make a difference altho I haven't taken it offroad yet. More on that later. I ordered the Racetech springs (non-progressive) and their emulator so depending on how well I like the progressives I may switch to the Racetech setup later.
2) I also bought a 6 piston caliper to replace the stock and an EBC floating disc. I thought it was a Pretech but when it came it said SIX PISTON instead of PRETECH in the embossed logo on the side of the caliper so I'm afraid it's a Chinese knockoff on the Pretech. I've looked at the Pretech website and all their calipers have PRETECH embossed on the side. Also it's a fixed, shimable caliper vs. a floating caliper. Shouldn't the caliper be floating also? Does anyone have any suggestions or reccomendations about calipers? Whcih brands have anyone tried? I've seen some posts on 6 pot calipers here but I can't find them now.
3) I also received the Ventura luggage system. It goes on very easily and looks stout. Only problem is I had to remove the number plate on the left side because it uses the same holes for mounting.
THX in advance for any help.
Bruce
Nort69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:42 AM   #2174
Nort69
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Givi shield

I was thinking about a Triumph flyscreen for my Scrambler but thought it was way too expensive and didn't give much pro. So I found a Givi that was a little larger and clear blue which looks great on my blue 06. I'll take some pix later, but it gives pretty good pro even to my face up to about 75mph. I had a much larger handlebar mounted screen on before which I only used on trips because it was way too big for my taste. It ruined the looks of the bike.
The Givi mounts on the headlight shell with a couple drilled holes.
So far TORs: I haven't found the need to rejet maybe because we are at 3500ft and most of my trips are to higher elevations- NM and CO and Copper Canyon. Haven't found the pipes to be too hot maybe because I had the AI removed before I bought the bike new. Replaced the snorkel with a Jenks bellmouth, K&N airfilter, Iridium plugs, new aluminum ATV high bars with crossbar yesterday- the stock bars hurt my hands from leaning over the bike, Ventura luggage. I have the factory skidplate but ordered the Thunderbike skidplate because I do serious offroading with this bike. One of my riding buddies rides a KTM 950 and the other just bought a KTM 690. So far they have not been able to go anywhere I couldn't follow and when it comes to grunting slow going the Scrambler exceeds the KTMs in my opinion.
2006 Scrambler
2001 Tiger (Limey)
1969 Norton 750S
1966 BSA Victor
!964 TR6
1999 Yamaha YZ400 What How did that Jap bike get in my garage. It's the only one leaking oil!
Nort69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #2175
mr moto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 595
i have always liked what the french company MECATWIN ... does with the latest classic styled triumph,s . here is their scrambler .
http://www.mecatwin.com/en/motos/tri...2007/index.htm
Attached Images

mr moto is offline   Reply With Quote