Ventura Racks

Thanks for the pictures, really helps!

Cheers from Canada, Mud.
Mud Lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:16 PM   #2357
rous44
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,315
Alright you FF's; it's time to step up and take responsibility. I've spent two weeks reading the last two years posts to this thread and couldn't find anything but love for this bike. It was too much. Went to the dealer today and bought a 2009, efi Scrambler.
The good news is I get fuel injecton; the bad news is the colors for '09 suck a big one. Matte khaki green or gloss black. No bright colors, no two tones. Well, there's always the paint shop.
The other bad news is it won't be here until November. All the other 09 twins are on the floor now, but the Scrambler is three months out. Probably just in time for the first big snow storm here.
Since I'm holding each of you accountable for this purchase, it better turn out well or each of you will have to buy me beer and put me up for the night.

"picking up hookers, instead of a pen, the words of my youth slipped away" Waylon Jennings

MX '06 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176637

MX '07
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278826
rous44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 07:41 PM   #2358
scottdc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by rous44
The good news is I get fuel injecton; the bad news is the colors for '09 suck a big one. Matte khaki green or gloss black. No bright colors, no two tones. Well, there's always the paint shop.
Are they really discontinuing the two tones? I kinda like the new color options, esp the khaki but it'd be a bummer if they are ending the other color schemes.
scottdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #2359
rous44
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottdc
Are they really discontinuing the two tones? I kinda like the new color options, esp the khaki but it'd be a bummer if they are ending the other color schemes.
Yep; it's almost like their trying to discourage people from buying the Scrambler. Blah colors, late release, etc.

"picking up hookers, instead of a pen, the words of my youth slipped away" Waylon Jennings

MX '07
Old 08-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #2360
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by rous44
Yep; it's almost like their trying to discourage people from buying the Scrambler. Blah colors, late release, etc.

Nonetheless, congrats on your purchase!

If it will make you feel better I am just about to jump on mine for a great backroads trip along the Coast Range of Oregon. Uncharted territory for me with lots of dirt and gravel roads, ending up at a wooden boat show near the coast.

I hope being along on my ride in spirit helps you feel better!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #2361
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
I have been searching and cant find any info on the new colors or release dates.

I will say it again, this bike doesn't do any one thing spectacularly, but it does do everything well. I was a bit apprehensive going into my first ride, but all fears were dissolved after the first block of riding. Also it is a great commuter bike, and I like to play 'the great escape' during work lunchtime. I usually go for a short ride instead of eating lunch when I ride to work.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:50 AM   #2362
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
Nonetheless, congrats on your purchase!

If it will make you feel better I am just about to jump on mine for a great backroads trip along the Coast Range of Oregon. Uncharted territory for me with lots of dirt and gravel roads, ending up at a wooden boat show near the coast.

I hope being along on my ride in spirit helps you feel better!

TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!! Its hard to live vicariously without pictures... ;)
Old 08-23-2008, 10:04 AM   #2363
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,249
To each their own, I guess. I would have loved that khaki green color...but wouldn't have wanted fuel injection. Easier to paint my tank than rip off that nasty fuel delivery system.

Ooo...lets trade tanks!

(shite, forgot I sold it...pissah...)
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:18 AM   #2364
gcrider900
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
OK, I'm in. Picked up my Scrammie yesterday. An '06 red/white (the blues may be faster, but the reds handle better ) with 2050 miles. PO had installed the factory tach and the solo seat, and gave me the crossbar & pad and the skidplate which he had not yet installed. He also did a bafflectomy, but did it by hacking off the pipe ends, and did a pretty lousy job. I cleaned up the ends and it doesn't look too bad. I'm gonna leave it for awhile, but I may be on the lookout for a set of stock cans I can do the right way.

Tire and suspension upgrades are on tap IMMEDIATELY - Race Tech fork springs, YSS shocks and Tourances will be on the way this week. I've got some other plans, but the big things need to be done first. Oh yeah - gotta do the AI remove kit too.

I'm already thinking I need some bars that have a little more sweep - the stockers seem pretty flat. Any guidance on a bar with about the same rise but a little more sweep?

My other bike is a Cagiva Gran Canyon - I REALLY like it, but I see already I'm gonna like this bike in a different way.

I've got a lot of plans for the Scrammie - I'll post up some pics as the mods progress.

EDIT: I'm also thinking about the Gel seat - any one have experience with it that can offer some feedback?

gcrider900 screwed with this post 08-23-2008 at 11:45 AM
gcrider900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:22 PM   #2365
rous44
Beastly Adventurer

This is the new matte khaki green color for '09. Looks much better in this picture than the Triumph brochure.

MX '07
Old 08-24-2008, 06:08 AM   #2366
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrider900
OK, I'm in. Picked up my Scrammie yesterday. An '06 red/white (the blues may be faster, but the reds handle better ) with 2050 miles. PO had installed the factory tach and the solo seat, and gave me the crossbar & pad and the skidplate which he had not yet installed. He also did a bafflectomy, but did it by hacking off the pipe ends, and did a pretty lousy job. I cleaned up the ends and it doesn't look too bad. I'm gonna leave it for awhile, but I may be on the lookout for a set of stock cans I can do the right way.

Tire and suspension upgrades are on tap IMMEDIATELY - Race Tech fork springs, YSS shocks and Tourances will be on the way this week. I've got some other plans, but the big things need to be done first. Oh yeah - gotta do the AI remove kit too.

I'm already thinking I need some bars that have a little more sweep - the stockers seem pretty flat. Any guidance on a bar with about the same rise but a little more sweep?

My other bike is a Cagiva Gran Canyon - I REALLY like it, but I see already I'm gonna like this bike in a different way.

I've got a lot of plans for the Scrammie - I'll post up some pics as the mods progress.

EDIT: I'm also thinking about the Gel seat - any one have experience with it that can offer some feedback?

Congratulations!

With this bike I love just throwing a leg over and seeing where the road takes you.

I don't have a gel seat but I would recommend doing something along those lines if you want to ride for more than an hour at a time. I was fine with the stock seat at first but have been getting a bit numb in the nether regions lately. I don't know if it is the seat getting broken in or my posterior but I am definitely thinking of getting one.

Well it that time of the morn to do some cafe riding before all the church goers get on the roads....
Old 08-24-2008, 08:19 AM   #2367
jimmy73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
[quote=gcrider900]OK, but I may be on the lookout for a set of stock cans I can do the right way.

I still have the stock pipes off mine if you want them.

"cracks" mean they're shooting, "whizzes" mean they're shooting at you
jimmy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 08:51 AM   #2368
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,366
Seats

You guys that are thinking about the gel might want to try a sheepskin first and see how you like it. Reasonably priced and good for all weather but rain. Just a thought.

On another subject, hope to figure out how to post photos so I can show some shots of yesterday's Western Oregon ride. Krahe: in case I can't figure out how to post Western Oregon is just like Kansas except it has trees, hills, rivers, dormant volcanoes, and an ocean.

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 11:54 AM   #2369
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
You guys that are thinking about the gel might want to try a sheepskin first and see how you like it. Reasonably priced and good for all weather but rain. Just a thought.

On another subject, hope to figure out how to post photos so I can show some shots of yesterday's Western Oregon ride. Krahe: in case I can't figure out how to post Western Oregon is just like Kansas except it has trees, hills, rivers, dormant volcanoes, and an ocean.

Well, its those 'little' things that make the difference!
Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 PM   #2370
XZed
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe
I have been searching and cant find any info on the new colors or release dates.
'09 Gloss Black... I'd hit that