Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #7531
jnx55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa
Here is my 06 Scrambler. Jet-Hot Coatings Ceramic coated exhaust headers are coated inside and out. Many colors are available but this is the most popular called Sterling Silver. It looks like polished aluminum.
For you guys with blacked out engines they offer a matte black that looks great.
Looks nice, price?
jnx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:30 AM   #7532
fireflyr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
Whenever someone says to go to your happy place, this is where I go. What a cool bike the Scrambler is.

I fly a 42 year old helicopter, drive a 43 year old Landcruiser, and, uh, er, my wife is 46 (and in better shape than the other two). I need a Scrambler to complete my retro lifestyle.

Keep the pictures coming.
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, #347
2004 XR400R Dual Sport, Baja Designs kit
2005 TTR 125 (son's)
1967 & 1971 Honda Trail 90s
fireflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:10 AM   #7533
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyr
Whenever someone says to go to your happy place, this is where I go. What a cool bike the Scrambler is.

I fly a 42 year old helicopter, drive a 43 year old Landcruiser, and, uh, er, my wife is 46 (and in better shape than the other two). I need a Scrambler to complete my retro lifestyle.

Check my sig!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #7534
jnx55
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 177
Quote:

I am selling one as well. pm me for pic's and more details if interested. Thanks
jnx55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #7535
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofate
Is anyone using aluminum handguards with the plastic wind deflectors? What brand will fit the Scrambler? I haven't taken delivery of my new bike yet so I don't know what special installation proceedures will be needed with the bar ends in mind.
You'll be alright with Barkbusters but you'll need to adapt the bar ends to suit by drilling an 8.5mm through hole and re-tapping the threaded insert, in the bars themselves, to M8. It'll all end up more secure than the Barkbusters mounting system.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #7536
brooksie56
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Really Enjoying The Site.

I just wanted to thank all you members with Triumphs. I am looking to get a Scrambler. I had a 2004 Bonnie T100 awhile back but got rid of it. I really like the Scrambler. I like (really like) fast road bikes, but the Scrambler just keeps getting my attention as it is an honest, simple bike. I really am looking to get one of these if I can find a deal and make it into a desert racing replica. There are sooooo many pages here that it is hard to find the info on doing that, but heck, it's winter in Chicago and theres nothing but dreaming to do. Thanks crew. Great bikes, one and all.
brooksie56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #7537
varna2win
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:

Now all you have to tell us is you fly that helicopter around showing people islands in the south pacific. If I'm right can I have job washing your helicopter? My 47 year old wife is just about to kick me out & I'm taking my dog & my scram. Things are a little tough for a lot of us right now. This is the first time I've been unemployed in 20 years. Wait a minute (fireflyr) okay I'm a little slow I guess it's not the south pacific. Well if things don't get better here soon I might have to sell that scrambler--- seriously.
varna2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:19 PM   #7538
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksie56
I just wanted to thank all you members with Triumphs. I am looking to get a Scrambler. I had a 2004 Bonnie T100 awhile back but got rid of it. I really like the Scrambler. I like (really like) fast road bikes, but the Scrambler just keeps getting my attention as it is an honest, simple bike. I really am looking to get one of these if I can find a deal and make it into a desert racing replica. There are sooooo many pages here that it is hard to find the info on doing that, but heck, it's winter in Chicago and theres nothing but dreaming to do. Thanks crew. Great bikes, one and all.
Welcome brooksie
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #7539
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by varna2win
Now all you have to tell us is you fly that helicopter around showing people islands in the south pacific. If I'm right can I have job washing your helicopter? My 47 year old wife is just about to kick me out & I'm taking my dog & my scram. Things are a little tough for a lot of us right now. This is the first time I've been unemployed in 20 years. Wait a minute (fireflyr) okay I'm a little slow I guess it's not the south pacific. Well if things don't get better here soon I might have to sell that scrambler--- seriously.
You too eh! Got my 20 year long service award from the company, then 2 weeks later my notice. I'm trying to figure out how to get paid to ride my motorcycle.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #7540
jamboa
jamboa

Oddometer: 845
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnx55
Looks nice, price?
$249 plus the freight it will cost you to ship it to them. $249 includes return shipping to Arkansas.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #7541
jamboa
jamboa

Oddometer: 845
Ceramic Coating
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamboa
$249 plus the freight it will cost you to ship it to them. $249 includes return shipping to Arkansas.
13 CB1100F
12 Speedmaster
jamboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #7542
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
You too eh! Got my 20 year long service award from the company, then 2 weeks later my notice. I'm trying to figure out how to get paid to ride my motorcycle.
Welcome to the club, 9th month of unemployment for me. You have my condolences, but hang in there! After this I should be a CBOA Jedi.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM   #7543
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 14,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe
Welcome to the club, 9th month of unemployment for me. You have my condolences, but hang in there! After this I should be a CBOA Jedi.
You been off all this time and didn't come to visit?

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #7544
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
You been off all this time and didn't come to visit?
No dinero. One of lifes great ironies is when you have the time you dont have the money and vice versa. Also I am the ace of all hermits, 2nd order.

Old 02-09-2010, 01:14 PM   #7545
fireflyr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
Quote:
Originally Posted by varna2win
Unfortunately the job is in Southern California, but I guess you have to go where the fires are. Sorry to hear about the divorce and job loss. I was going thru the same thing a couple of years ago but decided that my son needed me around to temper the craziness. Things got better, as they always do. I think that's why the Scrambler appeals to me so much. A simple, honest bike to get away on. I just wish I could afford one.
2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer, #347
2004 XR400R Dual Sport, Baja Designs kit
2005 TTR 125 (son's)
1967 & 1971 Honda Trail 90s
fireflyr is offline   Reply With Quote