Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #7561
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,375
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
Don't forget guys, the center stand is also the "skid plate" to protect the rear brake!
True enough, and it serves that purpose well - I'd be darn skeered without it!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:30 PM   #7562
Manny Fagnet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by babble
excellent advice, thanks guys.

- I think I will then either get no centre stand (and use my trolly jack / bits of wood at home like I have always done) or get another spring - I can't be doing with a rattle on my nice new bike.

I would be interested in this other similar on for sale, but can't seem to find it on GSERS site.

It is very similar to yours MAX - you photos were my final inspiration (although with no single seat as the wife wants me to take her places.)

I think i will go with the alternative air filter now and then upgrade the whole system later....

cheers!

should i haggle anymore on the price?

My Scrambler is for sale.

Details here
Manny Fagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:34 PM   #7563
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please

Oddometer: 1,520
I removed my centerstand and it's sitting on a shelf. Not so much because of the banging on every bump, which was a nuisance, but more because it kept coming loose....no matter how hard I tightened it, it seemed to work its way loose. I de- and re-installed it several times, but never could get it to stick. I'm certain I did something wrong along the way, but I followed the instructions exactly.....So now some know-it-all will tell me "you missed this...." which I look forward to.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #7564
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
I removed my centerstand and it's sitting on a shelf. Not so much because of the banging on every bump, which was a nuisance, but more because it kept coming loose....no matter how hard I tightened it, it seemed to work its way loose. I de- and re-installed it several times, but never could get it to stick. I'm certain I did something wrong along the way, but I followed the instructions exactly.....So now some know-it-all will tell me "you missed this...." which I look forward to.
Without pictures we cant point out your errors, if we cant point out your errors we cant mock you...its just standard procedure.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #7565
Indiana_Jones
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hey guys,

Seem to be getting a wobble from the front end when I ride at and over 80kph.

I had two low speed bins about 3000km ago, but didn't seem to notice anything then. About 500kms ago I got a flat rear and had to get it replaced, it's wasn't too long after that I started to notice it. Perhaps the tires are out of alignment?

Any ideas?

Cheers,

-Indy
Indiana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #7566
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,375
Generally that is a front tire thing. Assuming the tire is balanced and you do not see anything untoward, bump up the pressure about 5 pounds and see what happens.

Also, wobbles are related to steering head bearings, uneven oil level in front forks, poor load distribution, windage, swing arm bearings, rear tire pressure, bad rear shocks, and negative juju. I'd start with air pressure first, however.

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #7567
Indiana_Jones
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
Generally that is a front tire thing. Assuming the tire is balanced and you do not see anything untoward, bump up the pressure about 5 pounds and see what happens.

Also, wobbles are related to steering head bearings, uneven oil level in front forks, poor load distribution, windage, swing arm bearings, rear tire pressure, bad rear shocks, and negative juju. I'd start with air pressure first, however.
I put 32psi in the front wheel and 35psi in the other night.

I should also note that the bike has 4000km on the clock, so I'm thinking/hoping lol that nothing has worn out!
Indiana_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:08 PM   #7568
dave1068
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration
It may end up looking like this.

Good route to go. To note is the accessory centerstand will rattle and shake on every bump/seam/washboard. Its junk, but it works.
Sometimes I forget about mine and sometimes it drives me crazy.
You can putt down a quiet dirt lane and all you hear is that damn noisy centerstand.
I keep it though for on the road adjustments. Working to rubber mount it.

Other than that,
Great looking bike, I got rid of my scrambler and got a moto guzzi 1200 sport. If I ever wanted a 2nd bike, Id get the FI scrambler and set it up like yours.

Dave-
dave1068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #7569
babble
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny Fagnet
My Scrambler is for sale.

Details here

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

can you email me the details?
babble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #7570
Nasty1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

can you email me the details?
Hey dude

This is the bike I emailed you about last night..did you get it? PM the guy
as well. The link is to the UKGSer site and you have to be a subscriber to view the For Sale adds. PM me your email and see if I can send something across. The guy is sound so worries dealing with him!

Cheers

Adie
Old 02-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #7571
babble
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty1
Hey dude

This is the bike I emailed you about last night..did you get it? PM the guy
as well. The link is to the UKGSer site and you have to be a subscriber to view the For Sale adds. PM me your email and see if I can send something across. The guy is sound so worries dealing with him!

Cheers

Adie

thanks for your help Adie. Just got your email. Yes, it seems odd/daft that you have to subscribe to view whats for sale!

you can email me on earwigs100@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk

i'm very interested.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:14 AM   #7572
Nasty1
Adventurer

Quote:
thanks for your help Adie. Just got your email. Yes, it seems odd/daft that you have to subscribe to view whats for sale!

you can email me on earwigs100@NOSPAMyahoo.co.uk

i'm very interested.
Mail sent to you...don't forget to PM the guy as I or the add has no contact details for him.

Adie
Old 02-11-2010, 01:43 AM   #7573
babble
Adventurer

Quote:
Mail sent to you...don't forget to PM the guy as I or the add has no contact details for him.

Adie
thanks - i have replied to you, but still don't know how to get in touch with this guy. Pissing myself with excitement as his bike sounds like just what I am looking for, and with a single seat so no need to take the wife with me anywhere. Rock on!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:51 AM   #7574
Nasty1
Adventurer

Quote:
thanks - i have replied to you, but still don't know how to get in touch with this guy. Pissing myself with excitement as his bike sounds like just what I am looking for, and with a single seat so no need to take the wife with me anywhere. Rock on!
Back at ya. OK, if we can keep it to emails from now on to save spamming this thread out of respect for the other guys.

Sorry dudes for this little distraction....back on track now!

Adie
Old 02-11-2010, 02:33 AM   #7575
babble
Adventurer

Quote:
Back at ya. OK, if we can keep it to emails from now on to save spamming this thread out of respect for the other guys.

Sorry dudes for this little distraction....back on track now!

Adie
you're right, but I wanted to get my oddometer number up! i want to be a gnarly adventurer. I will make up for this unacceptable on-thread discussion with some photos my scram in wild far off places when i get it! (and get there)

My dream is to head down the Pyrenees with some freinds this summer.