ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #7681
ScrambDaddy
Adventurer
 
ScrambDaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Frankfurt/Main Germany
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by britishbangers
Its not available here and will cost me a bit to ship it to Dubai/UAE.
Joji Kurian
Joji,

I'am wondering about that ... ... when I go to the Triumph Homepage and make a dealer search and select UAE, I found this:

Alfardan Motorcycles

Suhaim Bin Hamad Street P.O. Box 3763
Doha Qatar

Tel.: +974 4463500
Fax: +974 4367876

sales@alfardanmotorcycles.com


__________________
Cheers Walter
Acceleration is when the tears of emotion flow out horizontally through the ears.
Bike history: Z900, RD400, Z1000LTD, GPZ1100, FT500, XS1100, VF1100C, KLR600, CB1100F, V-Max, VX800, XL650V, GSF1200, R1200R, XL700V, Scrambler900, Scrambler900EFI, TDM900, Tiger800, Z750S, DL1000 V-Storm, DL650 V-Storm.
ScrambDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #7682
Mats
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrambDaddy
.
My mods for 2010:

black fuel tank, silver fenders, stripped and polished engine covers, tail light from a early 70' CB ... :)

Hey Walter,
it's funny to see you have Kawasaki parts on your Trumpet. Looks good too!
Mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:12 AM   #7683
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach40
Do you ride a red Scrambler???
Nope blue and white

[QUOTE=Beach40}You have wantonly and deliberately (nice grinding job ) defaced Her Majesty's currency! Heresy! Treason! To the gallows!!!
[/QUOTE]
I'll be selling them in the Flea Market, please specify whether you'd like the Bluenose or the Queen's head on the left.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #7684
ScrambDaddy
Adventurer
 
ScrambDaddy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Frankfurt/Main Germany
Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats
Hey Walter,
it's funny to see you have Kawasaki parts on your Trumpet. Looks good too!
You've watchful eyes ...

The Z1 900 was my first bike, in '76 ...
.
__________________
Cheers Walter
Acceleration is when the tears of emotion flow out horizontally through the ears.
Bike history: Z900, RD400, Z1000LTD, GPZ1100, FT500, XS1100, VF1100C, KLR600, CB1100F, V-Max, VX800, XL650V, GSF1200, R1200R, XL700V, Scrambler900, Scrambler900EFI, TDM900, Tiger800, Z750S, DL1000 V-Storm, DL650 V-Storm.
ScrambDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #7685
NONAME13
NONAME13
 
NONAME13's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: 99 NORTH
Oddometer: 188
buddy can ya spare a dime

Great idea good old Blue Nose I like the cheap fix better than the alum key must be the water out there spotted lake I think anyhow cool fix thanks.
NONAME13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #7686
TerryK
Ulysses
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: adelaide South Australia
Oddometer: 1,579
Exhaust

I have found a guy here in Adelaide that knows about Scrambler & Triumph mufflers...Well that's what he said & by his reply he could be right.

He makes baffles for various cars & bikes, he has modified 5 sets of Scrambler mufflers...made them louder.

He hasn't made any baffles for TOR's & said most Triumph exhausts are good. (not too noisy)
It's going to cost around the same to open up the OEM's or shut up the TOR's & I'm leaning towards shutting up the TOR's......what you think ?
__________________
Triumph Scrambler Blue & White Staintunes, bashplate
Triumph Thruxton Red, Staintunes
Yamaha TT-R250, B&B bash plate, Staintune

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:36 PM   #7687
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Noosa, Australia
Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK
I have found a guy here in Adelaide that knows about Scrambler & Triumph mufflers...Well that's what he said & by his reply he could be right.

He makes baffles for various cars & bikes, he has modified 5 sets of Scrambler mufflers...made them louder.

He hasn't made any baffles for TOR's & said most Triumph exhausts are good. (not too noisy)
It's going to cost around the same to open up the OEM's or shut up the TOR's & I'm leaning towards shutting up the TOR's......what you think ?
You be the judge Terry 'cos it's your ears that have to do the listenin'. Me personally, I'd fit the Arrow and open it up a bit from stock! (which is what I did).

BTW, we have nearly finished installing the 904 kit which combined with our already increased compression, will result in a new compression ratio of 11.6:1. I'll run up 500kms before I run it on the dyno so watch this space. We weighed the new pistons against the old ones (sitting under the bike) and the Wiseco's were all of 20grams heavier. Not surprising really because they are bigger at 92mm diameter so all things being equal they should be heavier.

__________________
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks its head out the window.

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Grizzlybear screwed with this post 02-21-2010 at 11:48 PM
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:25 AM   #7688
britishbangers
Adventurer
 
britishbangers's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: UAE/ India
Oddometer: 51
Srambler stand & Al Fardan

Sir,

I purcahsedmy machine from these !d!ots, when they displayed my scrambler at a bike show last year.

They have been promising to open up an outlet here since the past 2 years - well it has not come around.

The sales blokes out there can't the difference between their elbows and their rears.

The way my machine was manhandled and handed to me has been documented and it was Triumph UK that finally pumped some sense into them.

The blokes in Qatar need about 2 months to deliver, all the money to be paid up front etc..etc..

It is a collection of these reasons that make me stay away from the 'dealer' in Qatar.

Regards,

Joji Kurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrambDaddy
Joji,

I'am wondering about that ... ... when I go to the Triumph Homepage and make a dealer search and select UAE, I found this:

Alfardan Motorcycles

Suhaim Bin Hamad Street P.O. Box 3763
Doha Qatar

Tel.: +974 4463500
Fax: +974 4367876

sales@alfardanmotorcycles.com


britishbangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:24 AM   #7689
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONAME13
Great idea good old Blue Nose I like the cheap fix better than the alum key must be the water out there spotted lake I think anyhow cool fix thanks.


bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #7690
SkiFastBadly
A beer? Yes, please
 
SkiFastBadly's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: Woodinville, WA
Oddometer: 1,516
When this thread first appeared, I found it pretty interesting. I already had a Harley Heritage Softail and a Buell Ulysses, so I wasn't really looking for another bike. But the initial review was so engaging, that the idea of getting one of these bikes planted itself, and a year and a half ago, I bought an 08 green scrambler.

Looks like this:



So now I have a problem...I have three bikes that are fun to ride. I imagine it's a bit like having three girlfriends, one wishes one could find a way to ride all three at once...but I digress.

Yesterday was a beautiful day in the Seattle area, so I took the Scrambler out for a ride. However, unlike my usual out into the country roads tours, I went right into the city. Buzzed around Ballard, downtown, then back.

When ride the Harley, I feel "This is an american motorcycle, and this is a hell of a lot of fun to ride. I like the look. I like the sound. It's visceral."

When I ride the Buell, I feel "This is a performance motorcycle, it handles spectacularly, it accelerates nicely, I can take it everywhere and anywhere, I am an Adventure Rider!"

When I ride the Scrambler, I feel "This is cool. It's not super fast. It's not super glued in the corners. But it's basic. I feel like a kid on a minibike again."

But here's the thing. I rarely get any comments on the Harley. On the Buell, someone on occasion will ask me "What the hell's that?"

But on the Scrambler, I consistently hear "Man, that's a cool bike" Whether it's other bikers, people at crosswalks, just folks. There is something about this bike that not only everyone loves, but compels them to say something. It's a LOT of fun.
__________________
The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.

2008 Buell Ulysses
2008 Triumph Scrambler
2004 HD Heritage Softail
SkiFastBadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:27 AM   #7691
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
When this thread first appeared, I found it pretty interesting. I already had a Harley Heritage Softail and a Buell Ulysses, so I wasn't really looking for another bike. But the initial review was so engaging, that the idea of getting one of these bikes planted itself, and a year and a half ago, I bought an 08 green scrambler.

Looks like this:



So now I have a problem...I have three bikes that are fun to ride. I imagine it's a bit like having three girlfriends, one wishes one could find a way to ride all three at once...but I digress.

Yesterday was a beautiful day in the Seattle area, so I took the Scrambler out for a ride. However, unlike my usual out into the country roads tours, I went right into the city. Buzzed around Ballard, downtown, then back.

When ride the Harley, I feel "This is an american motorcycle, and this is a hell of a lot of fun to ride. I like the look. I like the sound. It's visceral."

When I ride the Buell, I feel "This is a performance motorcycle, it handles spectacularly, it accelerates nicely, I can take it everywhere and anywhere, I am an Adventure Rider!"

When I ride the Scrambler, I feel "This is cool. It's not super fast. It's not super glued in the corners. But it's basic. I feel like a kid on a minibike again."

But here's the thing. I rarely get any comments on the Harley. On the Buell, someone on occasion will ask me "What the hell's that?"

But on the Scrambler, I consistently hear "Man, that's a cool bike" Whether it's other bikers, people at crosswalks, just folks. There is something about this bike that not only everyone loves, but compels them to say something. It's a LOT of fun.
So, how much you want for the Harley?
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #7692
blacktiger
Tigers R great.
 
blacktiger's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: St.Leonards on Sea, England.
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
I lost one of my seat bolts last fall


Can I recommend that you add a spring washer to that assembly? Works for me to stop it all coming undone again.
__________________
2002 black Tiger955i, 72000 miles and counting.
2012 black Tiger800XC, 32000 miles and counting.
blacktiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #7693
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiFastBadly
....

When I ride the Scrambler, I feel "This is cool. It's not super fast. It's not super glued in the corners. But it's basic. I feel like a kid on a minibike again."

.......
Let the engine breathe and improve the suspension! I think you need to get open pipes and dremel up the airbox, or at least ditch the snorkel and restrictor plate. Rejet accordingly (lots info out there on jet sizes). And definitely get better rear shocks.

I have the same green/silver '08 scram & have done a bunch of mods (tho no serious engine mods like big bore etc). First thing I did was throw away the airbox and stick an open pipe on it. Goes plenty fast and pulls hard throughout the revs. Loves the twisties. My favourite ride is to go for a thrash round the 20 miles of quiet twisty coastal one lane road just north of me.

I'm not a highly skilled rider but a few improvements to the bike go a loooong way, even for me.
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #7694
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger
Can I recommend that you add a spring washer to that assembly? Works for me to stop it all coming undone again.
Those are, sorry they're turned the wrong way for the pic. I had "lock"/spring washers on the fancy bolts, but I still lost one. I'll be using some locktite this time as well as the lock washers.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #7695
Mats
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden
Oddometer: 259
*

Mats screwed with this post 02-24-2010 at 03:29 AM
Mats is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014