Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2008, 02:54 AM   #841
Ringadingdoo
is Beast love Beastuality

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan
Dunno wether I have posted these b4 but.
I find the pics or your scrambler inspiring... I fancy Spain this summer on mine!

Have this one as my wallpaper.

hope you don't mind
Old 03-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #842
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,331
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingdoo
I find the pics or your scrambler inspiring... I fancy Spain this summer on mine!

Have this one as my wallpaper.

hope you don't mind
Not at all.

A norton jubilee eh

Shame the commando or fastback never came back - Id be a sucker for one of those as well.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 AM   #843
Ringadingdoo
is Beast love Beastuality

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by davorallyfan
Not at all.

A norton jubilee eh

Shame the commando or fastback never came back - Id be a sucker for one of those as well.
I often get a raised eyebrow when i say I own a Norton Jubilee, it not being a popular bike in it's time, but after 40 years the good ones show that they are worth having. Compared to the Scrambler it's bloody loud!, I always get looks when I fly past at a steady 40 mph.

As for the Commando, its good to have dreams
Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #844
[Red]
Intentionally Left

Oddometer: 480
I need to talk to you regarding those pannier brackets davo

http://scrapheapadventureride.com.au
[Red] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 03:43 PM   #845
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
DaveO,
I like your brackets as well, but I think I remember reading that you'd rather not do that project again. Instead I'll ask you about the Staintunes. Could you describe the volume of your pipes? Do you have the removable db killer in or not? They look nice and I've heard give a little hp bump. I may be ordering some soon.
Julia

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #846
danger_dave OP
Home again

Oddometer: 3,081
Haven't you dopes worked out not to take it off you driveway yet.
Old 03-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #847
trustme
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 900
Hey Dave

we leave our driveways clear for Ulys, while we're out riding
trustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #848
davorallyfan
Commonist

Oddometer: 15,331
I sort of explanied the way I made the pannier mounts for the motosport pannier frames a few times - I talked about it earlier in this thread didn't I

I am a staintune can fan and have ridden a bike with Triumph off road pipes. I have heard the Kiwi pipes too. I sounds smart arse but I think I made the right decision. They are awesome (poor word choice). Quiet noise at idle, start it up with a bit of juice and it emits a shotgun crack (I scared the bejeezuz out of old guy one day) the sound builds a la ducharleyessque and then for a while they sound like an offenhauser speedway engine ...I could go on but Ill spare yaz.

I like assertive sounding bikes, not necessarily loud ones so I keep the end caps in, I have elderly neighbours.

DRF
Old 03-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #849
Mud Lightspeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Eh? Grip warmer switch

So I have recieved my grip-warmer kit and now have to figure out where to place the on/off switch. Any ideas? I have seen a few pictures in this thread showing a box mounted in the middle the handle bars where a switch could be placed. This appeals to me because I could then add an accessory outlet and other electrics as needed. On the flip side I like the clean plain looks of the scrambler and do not want to clutter it too much.
Mud Lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 09:03 AM   #850
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Lightspeed
So I have recieved my grip-warmer kit and now have to figure out where to place the on/off switch. Any ideas? I have seen a few pictures in this thread showing a box mounted in the middle the handle bars where a switch could be placed. This appeals to me because I could then add an accessory outlet and other electrics as needed. On the flip side I like the clean plain looks of the scrambler and do not want to clutter it too much.
I installed my switch on the left hand side panel on my Honda Shadow. Just along the back edge, so you wouldn't even know it's there, but was still easy to reach down and turn on/off with your left hand. Sorry I don't have any pics.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:34 PM   #851
boze_man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
ok, i finally fnished reading this thread...phew...now i want one...and now i can finish my work...hehe

ok...so what do i do? thinkin old school ride fo me

have a local used '06 ,4k miles, couple of farkles, blue, seller askin $6000...need to see this weekend...seller said he would do maybe $5800

or do i try for a leftover '07 with the factory incentives etc?? i am waitin on some details from the dealer...

what say ye?

gosh i hate the pee cup...there i said it, i feel better

thanks all for an excellent thread and thanks to orpheus for his bonnie conversion, if i didnt see that i wouldnt be here....i love the bonnie but i love the scrambler more
Look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple...uh, you know???
boze_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 01:57 PM   #852
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by boze_man
ok, i finally fnished reading this thread...phew...now i want one...and now i can finish my work...hehe

ok...so what do i do? thinkin old school ride fo me

have a local used '06 ,4k miles, couple of farkles, blue, seller askin $6000...need to see this weekend...seller said he would do maybe $5800

or do i try for a leftover '07 with the factory incentives etc?? i am waitin on some details from the dealer...

what say ye?

gosh i hate the pee cup...there i said it, i feel better

thanks all for an excellent thread and thanks to orpheus for his bonnie conversion, if i didnt see that i wouldnt be here....i love the bonnie but i love the scrambler more
Fixed...
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #853
boze_man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
dealer called me back...has leftover new blue '07

$8300 OTD...plus can get the $1000 in triumph accessories...

would think i could do better?

thoughts?
Look, man, I've got certain information, all right? Certain things have come to light. And, you know, has it ever occurred to you, that, instead of, uh, you know, running around, uh, uh, blaming me, you know, given the nature of all this new shit, you know, I-I-I-I this could be a-a-a-a lot more, uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh complex, I mean, it's not just, it might not be just such a simple...uh, you know???
boze_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:26 PM   #854
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 14,866
Well, I am thrifty so take that into account, but I'd go with the used one if it looks like it has been well taken care of. You will save $2500 cash and that will buy pretty much all the farkels you can think of with plenty of money still left over. As for the $1000 in accessories you'd theoretically miss out on, how many of those would you get if you actually had to pay for them?

Either way is not a bad deal though - I guess it all boils down to if you want new or not.

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #855
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
I think you could do a little bit better on an '07. I think they have some room to move there. I have heard some people are getting a starting price around $7100. I would work off of that to determine how much room the dealer has to wiggle.

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote