Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #856
tri boy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 722
+1 what MrVern said. If it's tidy, use the savings to fit better suspension, and any number of mods that suit your style.
Warranty would be the only consideration that would lean me towards the new one. Check to see if the 06 has any left.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:02 AM   #857
A mi que?
Love Supreme

Oddometer: 36
Scrambler price

Boze man, I paid $7290.00 OTD for a 2007. It was a demo with 2000 plus miles on it.
Also, I called Triumph USA, and spoke with their customer service guy. He said that the warranties begin to count down after six months on the show room floor. I suggest if you buy a "new" '06, get the VIN# and call customer service.
He said he would give an accurate time remaining on the warranty if there's any doubt about it.
I will need that warranty because I've sprung an oil leak above the drain plug, behind the starter. No worries though.

The money saved was put into suspension upgrades right off. Ohlins with piggy back, and race tech emulators up front. No issues with the heat from pipes on the right side piggy back.

That said, I want to thank each and everyone you who have made this improbable love affair happen. I owe you all pictures and after market reports in the near future.
Cheers to all, Curtis.
A mi que? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:17 AM   #858
scraper
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
i just bought a leftover 06, brand new $7099. i also ordered up the thunderbike complete exhaust kit in chrome. also got some conti TKCs right off the bat along with the AI removal kit. the pipes cost an absurd amount but i rolled it into the deposit plus the financing which will be paid off as soon as my triple sells. the dealer told me it has a two year warranty starting when it rolls out the door - ill have to follow up on that considering the previous post.

either way, im really stoked! ill be picking it up as soon as the pipes come in sometime next week. ill post up a pic when i get it home & get the new pipes on.
scraper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #859
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 721
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpdog
Great shot! Too bad about the urine sample.....I'm going to have to find a solution for that when I pick up my Scrammy. Has anyone switched that out to a different type resevoir?
Look at what I did in post 602....Cost about 2 bucks and looks good. Sweat band like the road racers used to run on there brake res.

bross posted a pick of them a few above this post.....
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:07 PM   #860
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS
Look at what I did in post 602....Cost about 2 bucks and looks good. Sweat band like the road racers used to run on there brake res.

bross posted a pick of them a few above this post.....
Right. I think that's a good start. Maybe someday in the future a nice billett replacement. Too much money to consider at this point. By the way, my new Scrammy is the same color as yours. Your bike is gorgeous!

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:25 AM   #861
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraper
i just bought a leftover 06, brand new $7099. i also ordered up the thunderbike complete exhaust kit in chrome. also got some conti TKCs right off the bat along with the AI removal kit. the pipes cost an absurd amount but i rolled it into the deposit plus the financing which will be paid off as soon as my triple sells. the dealer told me it has a two year warranty starting when it rolls out the door - ill have to follow up on that considering the previous post.

either way, im really stoked! ill be picking it up as soon as the pipes come in sometime next week. ill post up a pic when i get it home & get the new pipes on.
Another Scrambler with knobs!
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:50 AM   #862
Ringadingdoo
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 24
Could those that have geared up their Scramblers of Bonne's for that matter, post a summary of what they have done to their bikes in one post? and could the powers that be make into a sticky?

There seems to be a huge interest in the Triumph twin as a touring adventure bike, would be great to have a definitive Triumph Scrambler kit thread, with experience etc.....a bit like this thread but a be more organized and easier to use as a source of information

just a thought
Ringadingdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 AM   #863
wannabe1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 555
Boze man, $7599 on the leftover 07 in my hometown and thats on the sale tag and it might go for a couple $100 less.
wannabe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #864
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringadingdoo
Could those that have geared up their Scramblers of Bonne's for that matter, post a summary of what they have done to their bikes in one post? and could the powers that be make into a sticky?

There seems to be a huge interest in the Triumph twin as a touring adventure bike, would be great to have a definitive Triumph Scrambler kit thread, with experience etc.....a bit like this thread but a be more organized and easier to use as a source of information

just a thought
What? You don't want to spend days trying to unearth arcane information from months worth of posting?

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:48 PM   #865
A mi que?
Love Supreme

Oddometer: 36
Panniers for the Scrambler (USA)

Fellas, I know the subject of luggage has been kicked around quite a bit. I e-mailed happy-trail.com to see about the possibilities. Tim Bernard said there was some interest, but not enough yet.

I asked how many riders would have to commit, in order to make it worth his time.

He said "10".

At this point, I don't know if that means "10" to fabicate racks, or the whole kit. But if $$$ is an issue for some, maybe we can spring for the rack design and purchase panniers at a later date.
I can't tell if it's the same "10" bastards posting here since I've been lurking.If so, I know at least half of you are overseas.
A mi que? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #866
Ringadingdoo
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
What? You don't want to spend days trying to unearth arcane information from months worth of posting?
Some days at work I love trolling these forums, searching for hours for a small bit of info, but my employer seems to think I should be working... crazy world!

Ringadingdoo screwed with this post 03-07-2008 at 04:20 PM
Ringadingdoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #867
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A mi que?
Fellas, I know the subject of luggage has been kicked around quite a bit. I e-mailed happy-trail.com to see about the possibilities. Tim Bernard said there was some interest, but not enough yet.

I asked how many riders would have to commit, in order to make it worth his time.

He said "10".

At this point, I don't know if that means "10" to fabicate racks, or the whole kit. But if $$$ is an issue for some, maybe we can spring for the rack design and purchase panniers at a later date.
I can't tell if it's the same "10" bastards posting here since I've been lurking.If so, I know at least half of you are overseas.
I am sure that between here and the Triumph Rat site there would be plenty of takers for reasonably priced hard luggage system for the Scrambler. (Not me - I am happy with the Ventura system ), so if all he needs is more interest I would urge folks to contact Happy Trails.

FWIW, Happy Trails folks have been very nice every time I have talked to them at events, and their products are of high quality.

Now, fill in your profile.

Emily Bronte
Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #868
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by A mi que?
I would spring for the mounting racks. I don't know if I'd go with soft or hard bags, but at least I'd have a platform to work with. If you'd like me to send Happy Trails a mail, I could do that.

Julia

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #869
Mud Lightspeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Pannier Racks

Taking matters into my own hands. Metalmule is the only company making racks for the scrambler. Out of the U.K., they are expensive.

Instead, I am ordering Generic Mounting loops ($39.00) and a Universal Mounting Kit ($69.99)from Moto-Sport Panniers. The plan is as follows: A machinist will build custom brackets (approx $400) for the generic mounting loops. "Davorallyfan" has the same set-up on his Scrambler and it looks good, as shown in this thread, [somewhere]. For Panniers I am using Ammo Cans ($50 for 2) which will be hung on the Pannier rack using the Universal Mounting kit. The advantage of the Universal Mounting Kit being that it makes the Ammo cans quick and easy to remove. The only question is do I off-set the left pannier as much as the right,which has to accomodate the high exhaust?

Some day down the road I'll invest in Lighter Aluminum panniers and when I do it should be simple to make them compatible with my existing pannier rack using another Universal Mounting Kit.

When I get going on this project I'll post some pics

Mud Lightspeed screwed with this post 03-07-2008 at 10:09 PM
Mud Lightspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:24 PM   #870
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Lightspeed
Taking matters into my own hands. Metalmule is the only company making racks for the scrambler. Out of the U.K., they are expensive.

Instead, I am ordering Generic Mounting loops ($39.00) and a Universal Mounting Kit ($69.99)from Moto-Sport Panniers. The plan is as follows: A machinist will build custom brackets (approx $400) for the generic mounting loops. "Davorallyfan" has the same set-up on his Scrambler and it looks good, as shown in this thread, [somewhere]. For Panniers I am using Ammo Cans ($50 for 2) which will be hung on the Pannier rack using the Universal Mounting kit. The advantage of the Universal Mounting Kit being that it makes the Ammo cans quick and easy to remove. The only question is do I off-set the left pannier as much as the right,which has to accomodate the high exhaust?

Some day down the road I'll invest in Lighter Aluminum panniers and when I do it should be simple to make them compatible with my existing pannier rack using another Universal Mounting Kit.

When I get going on this project I'll post some pics
We'll look forward to some pics! Just my opinion, but I woud space things out evenly.

Emily Bronte