Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2010, 04:56 AM   #9286
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the '06 scrams and the later scrams other than the unpainted engine? I'm going to look at an '06 today and I want to be sure it isn't a "lesser" machine than the new ones.

Thank you very much.
sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:08 AM   #9287
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by sark
Can anyone tell me if there are any differences between the '06 scrams and the later scrams other than the unpainted engine? I'm going to look at an '06 today and I want to be sure it isn't a "lesser" machine than the new ones.

Thank you very much.

Not much difference , 09 and up are fuel injected. Some folks prefer carbs, some like injection. All are great bikes.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #9288
sark
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D
Not much difference , 09 and up are fuel injected. Some folks prefer carbs, some like injection. All are great bikes.
Oh right right forgot about that. Thanks for your response!
sark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:53 AM   #9289
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoChicken
ah, but in my experience you can not instruct the shop to do other than the insurance company dictates, as in they don't want to piss anyone off or accept liability for swapping parts after the check has been cut. That's why it had to come to me so the shop would not be libel. But I am talking about a dealership and other shops may have more flexibility. While they sympathized with me, they couldn't put their reputation, etc. on the line.
I recently had a disagreement with a tractor-trailer while driving my new car. Damage totaled nearly 16 grand. The local Ford dealership's collision repair shop was happy to replace the damaged wheels with after-market rims and the damaged exhaust with FRPP mid-pipes and mufflers. In fact I actually saved a few bucks. Neither the shop, the insurance company nor the lender said `boo!' about it.
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:57 PM   #9290
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D
Because sark doesn't list where he/she is located I'll point out that 08 and onwards in the UK were efi. Fill out your profile mate then we know whether to give you mpgs in UK or US gallons and all sorts of other things that are different in our common language etc etc....
Old 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM   #9291
Gormley Green
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthercity
I recently had a disagreement with a tractor-trailer while driving my new car. Damage totaled nearly 16 grand.
Off topic here but that was a nasty accident you had! Very lucky to walk away from that one so well, multiple strikes from a transport. Ouch. Poor car, glad you got it all sorted.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:54 PM   #9292
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
I like these pics of rigs like this. But there's something seriously wrong with your exhaust pipes, satcen...

....they're too damn LOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen
I have alraedy written about it, but this time it is really "Triumph friendly edition" :

thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:03 PM   #9293
zane121
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Just finished installing the AI elimination kit on my Scrambler. Smoothed out the throttle very nicely. Feels like a carb bike now v/s a snatchy Fuel Injected bike.
Also cut the baffle pipe down to the second set of holes. Sounding very nice with a distinctive rap when rolling off the throttle.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #9294
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
The Beach Plate

Haha, I'm such a lazy procrastinator. Had the bash plate from Beach40 for weeks now. Held off until the oil change today to fit it.

Not cheap, but since it's made to order and a solid piece of kit, thats ok by me. And at least now I know everything's better protected now...including my shiny new oil filter.

I'm not sure what the tongue on the forward mounting spacer is for. So I left it sticking up and backwards; maybe I can think of something to attach on there - maybe a bigger horn..!?!

Rubber mounting bits:

Fits snugly. Crash bars are clear etc etc

Only thing wrong with it of course is that it's too shiny & clean...

Cheers Beach
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:11 PM   #9295
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormley Green
Off topic here but that was a nasty accident you had! Very lucky to walk away from that one so well, multiple strikes from a transport. Ouch. Poor car, glad you got it all sorted.
+1

Further off topic, I've always liked Mustangs, even though they're "me too" cars. "Wow, you drive a Mustang?! ME TOO!" My first car was a '95 V6 Coupe. A few years later, I bought a '70 Notchback with a 302 in it (had to sell it when I moved to DC, ) and I had a '98 coupe somewhere in there just to use as a beater for a bit. I've had my share of other cars too, including BMW's and Chevy's, but there's something about the Mustang that's attractive to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPoChicken
ah, but in my experience you can not instruct the shop to do other than the insurance company dictates, as in they don't want to piss anyone off or accept liability for swapping parts after the check has been cut. That's why it had to come to me so the shop would not be libel. But I am talking about a dealership and other shops may have more flexibility. While they sympathized with me, they couldn't put their reputation, etc. on the line.
I really don't care too much, since it's pretty much just the handlebars, turn signals, and bar ends that I'd swap out. Right now, weather's getting nice, and I just want to , but I'm still waiting on the estimate to come through.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 PM   #9296
Beach40
Banned

Oddometer: 2,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle66
Haha, I'm such a lazy procrastinator. Had the bash plate from Beach40 for weeks now. Held off until the oil change today to fit it.

Not cheap, but since it's made to order and a solid piece of kit, thats ok by me. And at least now I know everything's better protected now...including my shiny new oil filter.

I'm not sure what the tongue on the forward mounting spacer is for. So I left it sticking up and backwards; maybe I can think of something to attach on there - maybe a bigger horn..!?!

Rubber mounting bits:

Fits snugly. Crash bars are clear etc etc

Only thing wrong with it of course is that it's too shiny & clean...

Cheers Beach
I must not have sent you the pictures on how to mount it My apologies!

The tongue on the forward spacer is to make it easy to hold as its a bitch to get your fingers in there.
Glad its working for you. Now go and get it dirty!
Beach40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #9297
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle66
I like these pics of rigs like this. But there's something seriously wrong with your exhaust pipes, satcen...

....they're too damn LOW!!
Don´t worry, I am a khaki green "hardcore Scrammer" myself... this is a pic of my fellow´s bike. Can you imagine this trailer offroad bouncing
Old 05-27-2010, 04:51 AM   #9298
Blumtnman
Rider

Oddometer: 273
Talking New

First ride home from the dealer. Absolutely magic, rain, fog, gale force winds. Still smiling around 3 hours later!!!! 2010 Black Scrambler..
Old 05-27-2010, 04:52 AM   #9299
ChrisLX200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by satcen
Don´t worry, I am a khaki green "hardcore Scrammer" myself... this is a pic of my fellow´s bike. Can you imagine this trailer offroad bouncing
Just needs an off-road tyre on it and it'll be fine :)
ChrisLX200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 AM   #9300
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gormley Green
Thanks!

Walking away from that is just an indication that My Lord and Savior still has something for me to do.

It was a most memorable ride...
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote