Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #9331
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger
Clutch basket and plates? Did you break the whole left side of the engine open skidding down the road?Takes some doing to wreck a clutch basket in a lowside. The whole left engine cover was busted open?
It wasn't busted open, but one part of it ended up being scraped to a solid aluminum color. I'm sure a little bit of sanding and a repaint would make it look good as new. Had it not been for the internal damages, I would've just probably just taken a black sharpie to it. Never would've known the difference.

The way the guy wrote everything up, if something was even the slightest bit damaged, it was replaced.

What's interesting to me is the left mirror is marked as $97, but I can buy the pair of them from the Triumph dealer here for $76.
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 08:26 PM   #9332
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStorm
The way the guy wrote everything up, if something was even the slightest bit damaged, it was replaced.

I was hit on my DR650 a year ago, nothing to shabby, but they totaled it due to a bent foot shift lever (from my foot), dented tank (from my knee), and a scratch on the bottom of the fork (done maybe a year prior from falling over in a sand trap). Forks alone they quoted at $1200!! Silly bastards. They ended up offering me $4800 and take the bike or giving me $2800 and leave me the bike. I took the $2800, heated and bent the shift lever back and left it at that. I only bought the bike for $3600. So at this point I paid only $800 for an 07 DR650!!
Old 05-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #9333
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration
I'd ask the green one to prom. It's beeeeautiful
Old 05-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #9334
Forty Years Ago
I'm not an alcoholic.

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger
The footpegs on my Scrambler drag real easy in corners now,I wonder how much more they would drag if I spaced em out another half inch?
Just thinking.
I find that my pegs drag less if I get my butt off the seat and my body to the inside of the turn. bike stays more upright and I corner faster. I'm far from dragging a knee but it helps.

Semper Fi 1963 - 1969. A/1/11, B/1/14
Forty Years Ago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #9335
NoPoChicken
CSMC

Oddometer: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLX200
Fit my new levers today, I was thinking about doing it anyway but breaking the brake lever sort of accelerated the decision. They are Titax shorty version (in black) and work well for me with a nice action.

Want! Where can I get those in the states?
Old 05-29-2010, 04:44 AM   #9336
Beach40
Banned

Oddometer: 2,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle66
PS: I'm liking the serious bash plate more and more. I just looked at older pics of my Scram and it looks naked with just the Triumph skid plate.

I used to ride along wincing at all the pings and doinks of stones being flung up at the undercarriage.

Great to hear the plate its working out for you.

I'm still looking at some options to get the price down.

It turns out decent quality alloy plate isn't cheap, which is probably why Thunderbike stopped making them.

Nonetheless, I reckon its a good accessory to have on the Scrambler so I will stick with it.

If theres a few people interested, please let me know as I should have some room to move on a bulk run and still include any customising if desired.
Beach40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #9337
Mastodon
Mother F'n Dinosaur

Oddometer: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach40
Great to hear the plate its working out for you.

I'm still looking at some options to get the price down.

It turns out decent quality alloy plate isn't cheap, which is probably why Thunderbike stopped making them.

Nonetheless, I reckon its a good accessory to have on the Scrambler so I will stick with it.

If theres a few people interested, please let me know as I should have some room to move on a bulk run and still include any customising if desired.
I know I'm interested, but it's a little low on my priority list right now. Would probably be a good purchase this coming winter though. Did it come in black?
Mastodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:17 PM   #9338
Beach40
Banned

Oddometer: 2,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStorm
I know I'm interested, but it's a little low on my priority list right now. Would probably be a good purchase this coming winter though. Did it come in black?
Sure does. In fact, it can come in any colour you want, annodised, powder coated ,acrylic, bigger, smaller, higher, lower, bigger wings, smaller wings, more holes, less holes, bigger holes, elongated holes......

In short, anything you want! (within reason )
Beach40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #9339
scramblase
ATGATT -> Met/Isoleucine

Oddometer: 97
NoPoChicken..... Awesome levers!! Man, I really want get a set of shorty levers but always do a double take & weep at the prices.
scramblase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #9340
zane121
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
T-storm my new bars do not have the bar end nuts installed. I dont have any bar ends other than the plastic ones that came with them. There are a ton of aftermarket for the 7/8 bars that look good so no issue for me.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #9341
NoPoChicken
CSMC

Oddometer: 1,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by scramblase
NoPoChicken..... Awesome levers!! Man, I really want get a set of shorty levers but always do a double take & weep at the prices.
I don't have them yet, I want them and can't find a distributor.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:22 AM   #9342
MarcoETVitaly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150

Scrambler All Black
MarcoETVitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:35 AM   #9343
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Sporty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoETVitaly

Scrambler All Black
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:59 AM   #9344
blastmaster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2yoY0CHdNQ
blastmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:39 AM   #9345
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoETVitaly
Scrambler All Black
... it is nice to see somebody with ETV experience here - I am also former Caponord Addicted and 2 times "Iron butt-er" on ETV (still loving the exciting lines of the bike but Apriliaīs company strategy and itīs reliability finally discouraged me). What is unique on the black Scram is combination of the nuber plate with the ZARD exhaust! It is not ideal IOM since there is no luggage rack but it is nice. I have to solve somehow the dilemma: number plates + Arrow + luggage rack + saddle bags. Anyway I think itīs doable ...