Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #9841
McJamie
STROMINATOR

Oddometer: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanlikemike
Just in case anyone's interested...

Got my wheels back from the powdercoaters and slung 'em in today, along with the Renthal chain & sprocket, EBC discs & pads, and HEL braided lines. So, I'm quite happy to say the least. It's been utter hell having her up on bricks during the last few weeks of sun, but I had to do it now and she'll be ready to roll in a day or so. Just as well, because the Route Napoleon is calling!

The heat wrap is only temporary until I can get some shields cut. Before that I'm gonna tilt the cans down a few inches to improve the lines. Might even get the headers ceramic coated black while I'm at it.

I just cannot wait to put some more miles on her.
Love the black wheels, i think that's how they should come from the factory. I like the pipes sticking up a little bit too. Kind of a flat-track sort of thing. Looks cool.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #9842
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

Oddometer: 1,201
Everyone knows the black & silver ones are the fastest...

Old 06-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #9843
Krahe
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8
BAD ASS but $14,500

They did a LOT of work on it, like cutting the passenger pegs/frames off, aftermarket exaust, no instruments, no mirrors, no indicators of any kind...etc. Not street legal anymore but probably easier in the rough.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:59 PM   #9844
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D
Everyone knows the black & silver ones are the fastest...

Nice job! Whereas I just talk about it; you do it!

Black edging + pinstripe on the fenders now, plz, to complete the whole thing....

btw; did you do it yourself? I considered it, but tackling the pinstripe was scary.

thistle66 screwed with this post 06-26-2010 at 08:07 PM
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:17 PM   #9845
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krahe
They did a LOT of work on it, like cutting the passenger pegs/frames off, aftermarket exaust, no instruments, no mirrors, no indicators of any kind...etc. Not street legal anymore but probably easier in the rough.
Exactly
Old 06-26-2010, 08:53 PM   #9846
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle66
Nice job! Whereas I just talk about it; you do it!

Black edging + pinstripe on the fenders now, plz, to complete the whole thing....

btw; did you do it yourself? I considered it, but tackling the pinstripe was scary.
I just left the factory gold pintstripe on . I never noticed before that it was painted on and it seemed a shame to cover it up.

About 2 1\2 hours work. The worst part was getting the adhesive off for the badges. Then I just wet sanded the tank with 400 grit cleaned and primered it. Next come five coats of lacquer. Tommorrow I will wet sand the black with 1000 grit then shoot a few coats of clear.

I might leave the kneepads off for now and might even look for a set of the "Classic" tank badgees, My bike was made early in 07 so it has holes for screws.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #9847
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D
I just left the factory gold pintstripe on . I never noticed before that it was painted on and it seemed a shame to cover it up.

About 2 1\2 hours work. The worst part was getting the adhesive off for the badges. Then I just wet sanded the tank with 400 grit cleaned and primered it. Next come five coats of lacquer. Tommorrow I will wet sand the black with 1000 grit then shoot a few coats of clear.

I might leave the kneepads off for now and might even look for a set of the "Classic" tank badgees, My bike was made early in 07 so it has holes for screws.
...psssst....Classic badges have been hard to come by since Triumph decided to discontinue them. I worked hard to find some and managed to score a couple of weeks ago by going to Bikebandit.com and ordering tank badges for a 1996 Triumph Thunderbird. They're the same thing; you just don't get em when you look for the Bonneville range.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:24 AM   #9848
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

I think its the Heritage badges I am looking for. A little pricey at $80 bucks, I'll have to keep an eye out on ebay.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:15 AM   #9849
Swarf
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by M700
Grizz - congrats on a fine race performance!

Re Rhodie and that brake setup - I liked that idea from the beginning as I think it addresses one of the biggest weaknesses of the Scrambler as a big dual-sport/adventure bike - that doggone low-hanging rear brake.

Never got around to ordering one from him. Hoped that it would continue in production and I'd be able to get one "someday." Appears the opportunity for one may well have come and gone. It was a niche product for a niche market for sure - but appeared to be very well designed and crafted.

Scramblin' merrily away here in Central Washington. About froze on a recent windy, cold 225 mile ride to and from Yakima. Might need to see about a bigger bike with a real fairing and some heated grips - or just be a little smarter and drive the truck on days like that.

Living where it's only "good" riding weather about 4 - 5 months a year tempts a fellow to push it and ride on marginal days, or anytime the sun is out and the snow & slush is off the road... Sometimes that's not so smart.

Just checking in from Washington. No big updates to the Scram, just more miles on the trusty steed. Am closing in on 11,000 miles with two summers under it and another one staring us in the face. If it ever actually warms up that is! She's a good machine, needing little in the way of care, and delivering much in the way of grins.

Regards, Guy

Isn't Rhodie the dude in Thailand that is developing trick parts for the Scrambler? I have seen the videos and the design and fabrication of this part, which seems to fix a glaring flaw on Triumph's part. Why isn't he making these anymore? Did something happen to him and I missed that part?

Additionally, wouldn't the rear caliper set up for the Speedmaster work on a Scrambler due to the low mounted pipes on the Speedmaster model?
Swarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #9850
Firedawg450
Why did I wait??

Oddometer: 119
Speedmaster bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarf
Isn't Rhodie the dude in Thailand that is developing trick parts for the Scrambler? I have seen the videos and the design and fabrication of this part, which seems to fix a glaring flaw on Triumph's part. Why isn't he making these anymore? Did something happen to him and I missed that part?

Additionally, wouldn't the rear caliper set up for the Speedmaster work on a Scrambler due to the low mounted pipes on the Speedmaster model?
I thought that too, and picked up a speedmaster bracket from a salvage place - total waste of money. The speedmaster has a different size disc on the back, which puts the caliper in the wrong spot. You can't switch for the speedmaster disc, because the Scrambler hub has a different bolt pattern. That's as far as I got with it and now the bracket sits gathering dust with all the take-off parts.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:21 AM   #9851
RoaringDS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Crossmember support with LH rail

As promised...forgive the messy garage

LH rack with E21 & stainless steel mounting plate (latter)
http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee260/nusun23m/?action=view&current=leftsiderack.jpg" target="_blank">[IMG]" alt="Photobucket" border="0" ?>

" alt="Photobucket" border="0">

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who strives valiantly, who errs & comes short again; ...who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither vicotory nor defeat. ~Theodore Roosevelt
RoaringDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #9852
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swarf

Someone posted this a wee while back. Triumph Twin Power in the UK are gonna start producing a relocation bracket in July. My order's in.

http://www.triumphtwinpower.com/upno...er-bracket.php
Old 06-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #9853
Mud Lightspeed
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Question New sound

In the past few weeks my 2007 has developed a rattle. I am having a hard time locating it. At idle it seems to be from the right side of the crank case. While riding it becomes almost impossible to tell where it is coming from, intermittent and varies in intensity. Sound increases with throttle. Oddly enough, left turns will occasionally bring the sound on immediately and at a higher intensity than the normal. Any ideas?
Old 06-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #9854
ChrisLX200
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Lightspeed
In the past few weeks my 2007 has developed a rattle. I am having a hard time locating it. At idle it seems to be from the right side of the crank case. While riding it becomes almost impossible to tell where it is coming from, intermittent and varies in intensity. Sound increases with throttle. Oddly enough, left turns will occasionally bring the sound on immediately and at a higher intensity than the normal. Any ideas?
Chain? Countershaft sprocket come loose?
ChrisLX200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #9855
RoaringDS
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Lightspeed
Have a centerstand? I just found mine rattling while approaching stops. A quick adjustment fixed that

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena...who strives valiantly, who errs & comes short again; ...who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of great achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither vicotory nor defeat. ~Theodore Roosevelt
RoaringDS is offline   Reply With Quote