User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #10531
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,303
Mirrors

I tried searching but came up with nothing. I have narrowed down my mirror choices to this:

Napoleon bar ends, I remember seeing a pic of these mounted on top of the bars utilizing the factory mounts. I really dont want bar ends. They increase the width of the bike, The last set I had only made it 3 days before one got knocked off in the lot.

Or these from Bikemaster:

I am not having much luck finding a pair of these, Everyone seems to be out of stock. Maybe they have discontinued them ?
Old 08-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #10532
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furious D
I tried searching but came up with nothing. I have narrowed down my mirror choices to this:

Or these from Bikemaster:

I had a pair of these on my Scrambler right after I purchased it. Well built mirrors that didn't vibrate. The view wasn't as good as bar end mirrors though. I have cheap bar end mirrors now and I like the functionality much better.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #10533
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
I load up the Scrambler and took it camping for 2 nights in the Blue Ridge WMA. The weather was (finally) nice in north Georgia and everything seemed to work out smoothly. Same goes for the Scrambler which performed great.

The waterfall was just downstream from our first nights camp. We leisurely zig-zagged all over the WMA on Saturday. Logged a little over 100 miles in the forest. Some creek crossings, some well maintained forest roads and some that turned into pig trails. Now the Scrambler is due a bath.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #10534
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,783
Thanks for the cool pics!

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #10535
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 511
I feel as guilty as hell. Every time I log on I see fantastic pics of your travels... Scramblers set against the soaring backdrops of majestic scenes, Scramblers covered in mud splashing through puddles and Scramblers hiding under mountains of luggage systems out on an awesome adventure! (EG, Wiseanhyzer's most excellent post on this same page)

I read the comments about your luggage set-ups, what works, what doesn't, your favourite tyre combinations and how well they grip or last and I think, why arn't I in these discussions. Yep I still have my Scrambler and put more miles on it than my other bikes but alas, I like the thing so much in it's road trim, I'm afraid to change it back to it's adventure roots. So, in the meantime I'll live out my future adventure rides vacariously through your posts.

So, here are a few Scrambler pics of a ride day at Queensland Raceway late July. Circulating in the 1min 29's shows the true dual nature of this fantastic motorcycle, the Hinkley Triumph Scrambler. While I feel as guilty as hell I'm also as happy as pig in mud!

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Grizzlybear screwed with this post 08-30-2010 at 01:42 AM
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #10536
scramblase
ATGATT -> Met/Isoleucine

Oddometer: 97
In the spirit of Grizz's above post (nice pics dude!!):

I run Napoleon bar ends, they fit fine w/ the factory bar ends, you just need to buy a longer screw and sandwich them between. Personally though, I'm not that big of a fan of the "look" but functionally no complaints. Function over form is the name of the game IMO anyway
scramblase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:46 PM   #10537

Oddometer: 5,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear
I feel as guilty as hell. Every time I log on I see fantastic pics of your travels...
Dont. I'm ashamed to admit it but mine hasnt seen dirt since I bought it. Seams like everytime I install a mod its been about performance and not utility. We all ride'em for different reasons. Mine is surprizing the occasional big twin rider from light to light.

As far as Napoleons go. I had them on my Triple and hated them. One of them fell apart while I was riding in traffic. They vibrated pretty badly. For bar ends on the Scrambler I went with the Triumph's and hammered them on to my 7/8 bars to keep the package narrow. I can post a pic tomorrow if anyone wants to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.
13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:14 AM   #10538
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear
I feel as guilty as hell
I still have my Scrambler and put more miles on it than my other bikes but alas, I like the thing so much in it's road trim, I'm afraid to change it back to it's adventure roots.

Clearly what you need Grizz, is another Scrambler in ADV trim to keep your current one company.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #10539
CordR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 509
Destination Hwy #1

Well I don't know I can compete with all the amazing pics that everyone is posting, but I did just get back from a little 4 day 3 night jaunt where I sought out what was ranked as the #1 motorcycle road in BC.

Not sure if everyone is familiar with the Destination Highways books, as I think they are for certain regions (according to the book's cover they reference NorCal, SoCal, WA, BC). My book is the top 185 motorcycle roads in Southern BC. I decided for my first ever MC road trip, why not go find #1?

Here's a few various shots from the trip.

Roads near to and the views of Osoyoos in the southern Interior (BC's wine country).

Examples of the twisties and views in the Kootenays:

If you are reasonably close to the area, it's absolutely beautiful. Mountains, lakes, trees, desert, winding twisties and fairly minimal traffic (for a city dweller like myself).

Just head to Nelson, BC. Any road you take there is spectacular and the day trips you can do from there are amazing.

Cord
CordR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #10540
thistle66
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 373
Be careful riding there! Looks like that guy in the pickup truck has a death wish.
thistle66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:50 PM   #10541
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle66
Be careful riding there! Looks like that guy in the pickup truck has a death wish.
For oncoming riders...
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:31 AM   #10542
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 2,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by CordR

Roads near to and the views of Osoyoos in the southern Interior (BC's wine country).

Reminds me of the curves I just went through.
(sorry I had the wrong lens on)
Old historic hwy 30 along the Columbia.
I have been looking through a scenic byways book for some inspiration, among other things.

Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:57 AM   #10543
johnyC
scram'10

Oddometer: 20
more luggagey stuff

Here's my pannier lash-up, I'll do something for the burny side when I get the time:

I got to the Isle Of Man ok, but only in the nick of time. I was misinformed at the shop about the relay type needed, for the led indicators I put on my 2011 bike. This only became apparent after testing upon completion of the job at 4.30pm on Saturday, but I had to leave 8am Sunday to catch the boat to the island! Anyhow, following a top-tip from a friendly chap in Halfords, I wired a small 21w indicator bulb in parallel to each signal side, hidden in the headlamp shell.

The led's flash correctly and the indicator light in the tacho works too!
wunderbar, wunderbar

ps. I took a quick snap of this bike with the iPhone, whilst waiting to get on the boat:

johnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 07:23 AM   #10544
MightyChosen1
I wanna be sedated

Oddometer: 1,303
I'm a little jealous of all these awesome ride pics. I wish I had something to report, I did run over a squirrel on the way to work yesterday.

I dont think it was the tire that killed him. It was the sound of 865 cc's of snarling horsepower barrelling down on him. Poor liitle guys heart just gave out.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:43 AM   #10545
Mats
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Murdercycles...
Mats is offline   Reply With Quote