Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 02:29 AM   #11056
satcen
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktiger
They're CAT free. No CATs or dogs or.........I get me coat...........
... or Tigers THNX
Old 10-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #11057
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 717
Evel Knievel Scrambler

Saw this pretty trick Scrambler today, tried to get his attention but he was riding hard and hauling ass big time Complete Evel Knievel pant job, straight piped, ammo cans, no mirrors...etc
Cool looking ride..

White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #11058
OCTMIKE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
evil kneivel scram

Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS
Saw this pretty trick Scrambler today, tried to get his attention but he was riding hard and hauling ass big time Complete Evel Knievel pant job, straight piped, ammo cans, no mirrors...etc
Cool looking ride..

HAHAHA that's my buddy! He scrambled his bonnie. check out www.ba-moto.com for more pics. We are in a MC primarily consisting of bonnie's, scrams, and thruxtons.

all of the white parts in the paint job glow in the dark too!
OCTMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:56 PM   #11059
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTMIKE
HAHAHA that's my buddy! He scrambled his bonnie. check out www.ba-moto.com for more pics. We are in a MC primarily consisting of bonnie's, scrams, and thruxtons.

Tell him that thing is badass!!

He was freaking flying thru traffic on 7th and once he hit the freeway, I was doing 80-85mph just trying to keep pace with him!!!
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:18 PM   #11060
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
Quote:

Wasnt he part of the iron butt crew to?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #11061
OCTMIKE
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
yeah he didnt have the ammo cans cause we were experimenting with a new set of high pipes like the shark thruxton exhaust but they werent that high or long.
OCTMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:08 PM   #11062
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Anyone know more about this pipe setup?

From here.

http://shop.sinclairindustries.com/

I dig the sound and the look, but $300 bones seems alittle steep for what looks like a little endcap baffle
Old 10-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #11063
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Quote:
yeah he didnt have the ammo cans cause we were experimenting with a new set of high pipes like the shark thruxton exhaust but they werent that high or long.
You happen to know what bars he's running there?
Old 10-16-2010, 08:06 AM   #11064
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS
Cool looking ride..

Gotta love that!

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:15 AM   #11065
ivara
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8
Anyone know more about this pipe setup?

From here.

http://shop.sinclairindustries.com/

I dig the sound and the look, but $300 bones seems alittle steep for what looks like a little endcap baffle
Do a search over @ triumphrat.net , can't remember what happened
Old 10-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #11066
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,269
Oooopsie

Well, managed to drop the bike today on a curve and it's new handlebar time (amongst other things). I know there has been a lot of discussion on verious bars, but damned if I can find the posts. If anyone can give me a quick rundown on the hot setup or point me to the posts, I'd be very grateful.

FWIW, I didn't mind the stock set up at all but was gong to put on some risers on, so looking for something that might be a little taller than stock, not flat bars.

As to the bike, sliding along on the pavement for a while on its right side didn't do much except grind off a pretty good area on a header pipe, scratch the mufflers and gring down the side of the foot brake lever a bunch. Totally lost the front brake lever and brake fluid resevoir. Front end is tweeked pretty bad, but managed to limp it a couple of miles to a gas station.

Ladies, and Gentlemen, ALWAYS wear protective gear! I was lucky enough to have on the ICON knee and shin protectors, which are now broken, good gloves and a thick leather jacket, which now are ground down and scratched, but I am fine.

Emily Bronte

Mista Vern screwed with this post 10-16-2010 at 05:36 PM
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #11067
b0rderman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
yeesh...glad to hear walk/rode away.

Was out workin on my noob ass dirt legs on about 20mi of single lane ranch road today...it was a blast, but now I want moar!!!
b0rderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #11068
The Killstar
Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
Well, managed to drop the bike today on a curve and it's new handlebar time (amongst other things). I know there has been a lot of discussion on verious bars, but damned if I can find the posts. If anyone can give me a quick rundown on the hot setup or point me to the posts, I'd be very grateful.

FWIW, I didn't mind the stock set up at all but was gong to put on some risers on, so looking for something that might be a little taller than stock, not flat bars.

As to the bike, sliding along on the pavement for a while on its right side didn't do much except grind off a pretty good area on a header pipe, scratch the mufflers and gring down the side of the brake lever a bunch. Front end is tweeked pretty bad, but managed to limp it a couple of miles to a gas station.

Ladies, and Gentlemen, ALWAYS wear protective gear! I was lucky enough to have on the ICON knee and shin protectors, which are now broken, good gloves and a thick leather jacket, which now are ground down and scratched, but I am fine.
Wow, that really sucks. I went for a little slide down a grassy hill on my face the other day, but my Honda made out with just twisted risers. At least the Scrams seem to be tough bastards. And congrats on not being beaten up too bad.
"Absolutely! If we didn't like visually beautiful bikes we'd all ride V-Stroms or something." - Av8rPaul
The Killstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #11069
flick
Man on a mission.

Oddometer: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
My crash ended with the same damage. I went with Renthal 615-01 bars they are similar to the stock bars but with more pull back. I like them more for road riding but I do not like them as much offroad. I am 5' 9".

"We train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write "fuck" on their airplanes because it's obscene!" Apocalypse Now
flick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #11070
The Killstar
Ted Simon Acolyte

Oddometer: 289
How would the stock bars work for someone 5-11? I'm gonna get my Scrambler either this week, or next spring, depending on how impetuous I get, and I'm just gathering ever scrap of info on them that I can.
"Absolutely! If we didn't like visually beautiful bikes we'd all ride V-Stroms or something." - Av8rPaul
The Killstar is offline   Reply With Quote