Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #13306
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 View Post
Anyone running these D&D pipes? I'm about to order a set and was just looking for any input.

LINKY

There are some with those pipes over on TriumphRat.net. My understanding is that they are LOUD! The guys that have ordered them have fits trying to baffle them. D&D pipes make great HP but they are usually noisy.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:20 AM   #13307

Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
There are some with those pipes over on TriumphRat.net. My understanding is that they are LOUD! The guys that have ordered them have fits trying to baffle them. D&D pipes make great HP but they are usually noisy.

Yeah. i read a few threads over there about them being loud but its hard to tell if people are refering to these or the slipon's. Then theres the usual TRat "I dont own or have ever used them but can tell you why they suck and why you should buy what I bought" crowd.

By the way if it was you asking me about Procom tunes on TRat via PM, I got my MPG sorted. Bike was jetted incorrectly. I'm CDickey over there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.
13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #13308
panthercity
Cap'n Crunch

Oddometer: 481
D&d

I've used Dave's pipes on my RACE bikes since the mid-`70's. They make SERIOUS horsepower. The dealer I got my `06 from had a set on his demo bike. LOUD as all get out. I wouldn't do that to my neighbors. Do need the top-end HP on this bikes anyway.

just sayin'
Bob AMA #162726 LPR #54
`94 BMW R1100RSA
`95 BMW R1100RSA
`05 R1200ST
`06 Triumph "Scrambled"
panthercity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #13309
wiseanhyzer
\ˈwī-zən-ˌhī-zər\

Oddometer: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 View Post
Yeah. i read a few threads over there about them being loud but its hard to tell if people are refering to these or the slipon's. Then theres the usual TRat "I dont own or have ever used them but can tell you why they suck and why you should buy what I bought" crowd.

By the way if it was you asking me about Procom tunes on TRat via PM, I got my MPG sorted. Bike was jetted incorrectly. I'm CDickey over there.
Yep, that was me. Thanks for your help and I'm glad you got your MPG sorted out. I haven't changed my jetting any and don't really know what my fuel mileage is going to be with the Procom igniter. I'm leaving today for a 3 day ride up in the mountains so I hope it doesn't drop off. I tried map 6, 8 & 9. Settled on 8 for now.

I went back to try and find some of the comments on the D&D full exhausts. Here is a thread about them on TRat. I bet they're manageable and sound mean. I'm certainly not trying to 'tell you why they suck or shouldn't buy them'. I hope I didn't give that impression. I've read nothing but good things about D&D exhausts (and that they're loud). Let us know what you decide and post pics!

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:32 PM   #13310
MalteseFalcn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Thumb Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rous44 View Post
Originaly it was unavailable from Triumph, but they have it now. Bought some last fall. It may be your dealer is not aware.

You are correct, my friend. On my third (3rd) dealership call, I got a reasonable one. The first two parts departments said it didn't exist, and one of them went so far as to suggest that you don't know what you're talking about. The third told me, "No problem, I'll just call Triumph in Atlanta and get you one." Called back 5 minutes later to tell me it's on its way.

Guess which dealership I'll be heading to for my wife's new bike this summer?

MalteseFalcn screwed with this post 07-07-2011 at 12:48 PM
MalteseFalcn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:50 PM   #13311
Ridge
Hustle and Cuss

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoothillRyder View Post
Okay... the Wolfman Beta retails for double what the Saddlemen TS3200 goes for. Very similar concept. Here's my Scram loaded up for my May rideabout to the Carrizo Plain:

Available at many retail outlets for about eighty bucks.

Just sayin'
The Wolfman luggage is made in Colorado by a team of local seamsters and seamstresses hand picked by wolfman himself. How do I know this? A friend and I stopped by the Wolfman HQ (his house at the time) and were given the grand tour as well as a background on his story. He is a DS rider around the Northern CO area and his riding, along with a degree in textiles led him to create luggage specific to moto enthusiasts. Everything is designed by him and he closely guards his designs.

Your move though and you are free to spend your money as you wish, just sayin'...
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #13312
Thrux181
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Hey 13, I've got them on mind. They were loud. I made some baffles. Toned them down and from seat of the pants I feel like my low to mid range torque is better.

Bill
Attached Images

Thrux181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:03 PM   #13313

Oddometer: 5,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrux181 View Post
Hey 13, I've got them on mind. They were loud. I made some baffles. Toned them down and from seat of the pants I feel like my low to mid range torque is better.

Bill
Thanks for the tip and the photo. I ordered the same finish and wasnt sure how it would look on the silver/roulette. Those mags look fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post
I'm certainly not trying to 'tell you why they suck or shouldn't buy them'. I hope I didn't give that impression. I've read nothing but good things about D&D exhausts (and that they're loud). Let us know what you decide and post pics!
I wasnt refering to you. Its other folks on that site that erk me with their "knowledge". I find its better to lay low and sift through the archives. Thanks for the link.

Luckily I live in the land of straight piped harleys so my tolerance for noise is pretty high and my neighbors wouldnt know the difference between my bike and the seven hogs on the block. Time will tell. They are on order so once I get them fitted I'll throw some pics up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.

13 screwed with this post 07-07-2011 at 06:27 PM
13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #13314
9mmMike
Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
The parts, they are a'comin'

Arrow on the way.
Jet kit on the way.
Moose ATV bars on the way.
Distanzia's on the way.
Gonna toss the Tiger mod on the front forks as well.

Should be a "new" bike in about two weeks.

Did Pivot Pegs ever make the Scrambler pegs?

Thanks everyone!
9mmMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:43 AM   #13315
ajsimmo
Crinkley Codger

Oddometer: 82
Dealer Recall

Just for info, here in UK Triumph have just initiated a minor Recall of 2010 Scrams.

The problem identified is restarting after having only just switched off.

For instance, at the petrol station.

It's not earth shattering, but they offer a free ECU download to fix it.

I have noticed it slightly, but I've just been pulling out the fake choke to ensure it starts.

Perhaps that's why my MPG has been so poor!
ajsimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:41 AM   #13316
FoothillRyder
Tiger Cub

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
Your move though and you are free to spend your money as you wish, just sayin'...
No disrespect Ridge; but my figures suggest I have saved lots of gas money by *not* being a gear snob (many thousands of happy miles on the Scrambler). Feel free to spend your money however you wish, and I shall do the same.
- FoothillRyder AMA# 289558, BIR #47, COP #001
'97 Trophy 900, '98 Tiger, '03 Speed Triple 955i

My Blog: http://foothillryder.com/
FoothillRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #13317
Ridge
Hustle and Cuss

Oddometer: 1,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoothillRyder View Post
No disrespect Ridge; but my figures suggest I have saved lots of gas money by *not* being a gear snob (many thousands of happy miles on the Scrambler). Feel free to spend your money however you wish, and I shall do the same.

No disrespect taken. I don't see it as being a gear snob. I see it as supporting a fellow rider that created products catered to our passion and products wholly made in the USA. For that, I'm willing to pay a bit more.
Ridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #13318
MightyChosen1
Flim-Flam Man

Oddometer: 1,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
No disrespect taken. I don't see it as being a gear snob. I see it as supporting a fellow rider that created products catered to our passion and products wholly made in the USA. For that, I'm willing to pay a bit more.

I could not agree more Ridge. Sure you can get something similar for about half the cost but its worth it in the long haul to buy a quality made product that you could possibly get 7-10 years of use from.

I have not bought my Wolfman bag yet mainly because I cant decide which one to get. But I know when I do I know it will meet my expections based on the opinions post here on the board. Plus it helps a small business right here in the USA keep competing in a tough market.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:08 AM   #13319
kellis
Fair Weather Rider

Oddometer: 95
Hi gang,

Just thought i'd share the latest pic of my Scram - changed all of the lighting a month or two back, to give a more period look.

History:- K1200RS, XT600E, R100/7, FZR1000RU, GSX750F, XV535 (sorry), BSA A65L, XT500E, CB200.
kellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #13320
9mmMike
Vicarious Adventurer

Oddometer: 137
That's a real beauty kellis! Is that a New Bonneville kit? The silver/red looks real sharp too. Nice job.
9mmMike is offline   Reply With Quote