circusinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:36 PM   #1352
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrorider
Which YSS shocks did you get?
The model is Z302TRL. Just under $400 from Bellacorse. I can post a pic or two in the next couple days. They look sharp and really make a huge difference on the bike.

Check out:

http://bellacorse.com/bcc138-40.htm

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #1353
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by circusinthesky
Fixed it.
Damn yankees. We switched to metric when I was a kid in school, and the only thing that really "took" for me was temperature. I can tell how hot it is pretty close in Centigrade, but am always way off in Fahrenheit. Everything else I have been converting for the past 40 years. Still need to figure out MPG cause our ridiculous l/100km doesn't make sense to anyone, and I still think of how fast I'm going in MPH. Maybe that's why I'm good at math, I've been doing it constantly my whole life.

BUT! , I have been making a serious effort for the past few years to just finally adopt kms for my speed. Then some damn yankee has to come along and screw with me.

Oh by the way, I hit 140 on the way home tonight.

PS Is the Boston terrier the state dog or something? Jodie's sister lives in Oregon and has two of them.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #1354
circusinthesky
SemperFidelisTyrannosaur

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
BUT! , I have been making a serious effort for the past few years to just finally adopt kms for my speed. Then some damn yankee has to come along and screw with me.
Sorry. For what it's worth, I lived in the UK for some years. Metric...miles...I got pretty confused. I sometimes still walk around to the right side of the car with my keys. I'd like for us to make the change, but really...two digit speeds are easier to remember.

Quote:
Oh by the way, I hit 140 on the way home tonight.
Kick ass! 140 miles per hour on a Scrambler is incredible. Actually, I am pretty jealous. Mine is too new, so I am sticking to the recommended top speed till its broken in.

Quote:
Is the Boston terrier the state dog or something? Jodie's sister lives in Oregon and has two of them.
No, Oregon's state dog is the neo-Hippie. They are bred in Eugene, and exported to various trendy boutiques in the US, and then distributed to local coffee houses and metro bus stops. They are a difficult breed to own, and are costly to maintain. They can only eat soy products and vegetables. They cannot be bathed more than once a month, and their coat needs to be regularly oiled with patchouli. If they are exposed to any negativity, or their political views are challenged, they go into a deep depression, which can only be remedied by a good long demonstration for a poorly thought out cause.

Actually, Bostons are super friendly to people, and are a joy to own. I have two. Monte, my avatar, chitters like a monkey when we leave the house. I fear people are going to think we have a 15 year old chained up in the cellar.

circusinthesky screwed with this post 05-02-2008 at 11:07 PM
Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 AM   #1355
Wambo
On the road to nowhere

Oddometer: 276
Boston's rule! We are proud Boston owners (and proud Pug owners) and love them. Sweet dogs!

2011 Triumph Bonneville SE
Wambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 08:36 AM   #1356
bross
Where we riding to?

Quote:
Sorry. For what it's worth, I lived in the UK for some years. Metric...miles...I got pretty confused. I sometimes still walk around to the right side of the car with my keys. I'd like for us to make the change, but really...two digit speeds are easier to remember.

Kick ass! 140 miles per hour on a Scrambler is incredible. Actually, I am pretty jealous. Mine is too new, so I am sticking to the recommended top speed till its broken in.
Kick ass! 140 miles per hour, heck I've never had my RT up to 140.

Hah, knew I'd get you with that one. Mine's still new as well, only 300kms on it but I like to load the motor while breaking in, followed by a nice vacuum inducing back off, hence the quick run up to 140km/h. When I read my manual about breakin procedures, all I read is "vary engine rpm..." everything else just sounds like Charley Brown's teacher.

Nice description of the state dog.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:10 AM   #1357
queenpdog
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 965
Quote:
When I read my manual about breakin procedures, all I read is "vary engine rpm..." everything else just sounds like Charley Brown's teacher.
This has been break-in method as well. Seat those rings early and vary speed a lot. Otherwise, wah wah wah - wah (charlie's teacher).

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:07 AM   #1358
Mista Vern
Knows all - tells some.

Oddometer: 15,194
One more Boston Terrier thing

Even though we do not have Bostons one of the best bumper stickers I've seen is a pic of a smiling BT with the following words:

"Life is Merrier with a Boston Terrier"

Emily Bronte
Mista Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #1359
circusinthesky
SemperFidelisTyrannosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mista Vern
"Life is Merrier with a Boston Terrier"
And this is the very reason my Wife wants a sidecar for her 75 Yamaha XS650. A Boston in a sidecar would be a pretty enjoyable spectacle.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 AM   #1360
bross
Where we riding to?

Quote:
And this is the very reason my Wife wants a sidecar for her 75 Yamaha XS650. A Boston in a sidecar would be a pretty enjoyable spectacle.
Boston's are small enough to fit in a tank bag. There's a rider on my kawi forum who just sewed a small dog bed to his tank bag base and his Shih Tzu goes everywhere with him. Not the pic I was looking for but here's another one...

Different dog, ATGATT of course

Old 05-04-2008, 09:16 PM   #1361
milkman
can't find my screwdriver

Oddometer: 137
Hey Bross,

Appreciate the info mate, thanks, especially in KPH, as it is down here!

I did some two up touring on the weekend, all black top, but up some open free flowing mountain twisties holding 80-100kph easily in 5th gear, drop back for passing

So with an extra 65kgs than I normally carry, stock pipes, filter etc I still returned 21.93 km/litre fuel economy

Knock yourselves out with the conversion, but I was pretty happy with that

Stock seat was fine too, two hours in my bum was numb, but that was more a result of being lockd into position by a pillion.

Need to get her a back rest so she's not afraid to sit right back in the seat!
milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #1362
danger_dave OP
Home again

Oddometer: 3,086
Quote:
Boston's are small enough to fit in a tank bag. There's a rider on my kawi forum who just sewed a small dog bed to his tank bag base and his Shih Tzu goes everywhere with him.
You can also stick a handle up their *** and use them to wash the bike.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:32 PM   #1363
milkman

Broken Right Foot Peg

I broke my foot peg off today

Although its fold up, it didn't seem to fold up to well, maybe because my foot was on it! (dont ask)

It snapped around the bold holding it in, and being cast shite metal, no chance of a mend I would say

Any idea about the cost of replcement? I bet Triumph see me coming ($$$$$)
Old 05-04-2008, 10:28 PM   #1364
circusinthesky
SemperFidelisTyrannosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkman
I broke my foot peg off today. Any idea about the cost of replcement? I bet Triumph see me coming ($$$$$)
Is there a proper off-road type aftermarket replacement that would fit?

Here's another dumb suggestion: Can you move one of the back pegs to the front?

Quote:
There's a rider on my kawi forum who just sewed a small dog to his tank bag base and his Shih Tzu goes everywhere with him.
Fixed it.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #1365
milkman

I looked at the pillion pegs -could work something out short term, but they are differnt, the rider pegs hang lower off a bend at the end of the peg shaft, where the pillion pegs attach straight out of the shaft.
Alriht in teh short term, but I would like the extra near-inch lower the correct peg gives

I'll just replace it with a Triumph item probably - and learn my lesson for a being a goose!

Lets just say I bought new disk lock - and it works really well