Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 10:32 PM   #14701
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStorm View Post
That's an interesting solution. I kinda like it. Don't have a Dremel or a vise to do the work with, but I like the idea. True quick releases.

Guess this is more common than I thought. Seems like there's two types of bikes, those that have lost bolts, and those that will.

Glad to know I'm not the only one with a screw loose.
Went down to the local bolt shop & picked up 4 x stainless allen head button bolts & washers (smaller head, needs a washer) & 2 x allen head bolts. $2.00 for the lot...I ended up fitting the allen head bolts as they have a deeper slot for the allen key & are 10.9 (all allen headed bolts are 10.9 HARD) The button bolts are not & round out in the key slot.

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #14702
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 369
Alu Swingarm

Ordering a alu swingarm is possible even without cmc. This have a wheight of 3.5kg
Different colors available.

Europa
www.decaesar.it

US
David at triumph rat 08Bonnie

http://www.triumph-hinckley.no/

[/URL]
henryII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #14703
jeepcop31
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Lightspeed View Post
Those are fantastic! very clean looking and functional.

I know this is a really old post but I just saw these and had to comment. I am moving to Germany and this is exactly what I want so maybe you could point me in the right direction.
jeepcop31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #14704
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 515
Bitubo Suspension Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining View Post
I have those kit and rear Bitubo suspension
http://www.cafetwin.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=229
Very good
Can you comment on the difference from stock? How tunable is it? Just looking for different options and I like these very much. Also install how hard was it?

Thanks

Alex
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #14705
Maxacceleration
What now

Oddometer: 1,890
Henry, there is one available out of England too I believe. Comes polished. (JMC)
I would love to have one, although in powdercoated black...
There are no chainguard tabs on the one pictured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henryII View Post
Ordering a alu swingarm is possible even without cmc. This have a wheight of 3.5kg

Europa
www.decaesar.it

US
David at triumph rat 08Bonnie

Sounds dangerous.
Maxacceleration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #14706
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,579
Guys thinking about getting another bike & the Thruxton is top of the list (keeping the Scrambler as well) Has anyone riden a Thruxton...what are they like ? I love the cafe racer look from the 60's & 70's, I know it won't be a huge difference from the Scram, 360 crank, little bit more power, rear set pegs & flat bars.
The Scram is getting too many miles up so would share the load & would use the scram for taking the wife 2up & the Thrux for solo rides.

I have always thought the Scam & Thrux would make the perfect pair & a good looking pair as well, I remember someone on here has this combo...any thoughts ?

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #14707
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,969
I've logged maybe 2000 miles on a thruxton. It's carbed and tuned perfectly. Has the LSL upright bar set up. Upgraded fromt and rear suspension. Even has a steering dampner (which im not a fan of) After a few grinder modification to the kickstand to bypass grinding when pitched way over its a blast for commuting and twisty duties. Put some predators on her and she's like a reliable little hot rod.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 PM   #14708
FoothillRyder
Tiger Cub

Oddometer: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Guys thinking about getting another bike & the Thruxton is top of the list (keeping the Scrambler as well) Has anyone riden a Thruxton...what are they like ? I love the cafe racer look from the 60's & 70's, I know it won't be a huge difference from the Scram, 360 crank, little bit more power, rear set pegs & flat bars.
The Scram is getting too many miles up so would share the load & would use the scram for taking the wife 2up & the Thrux for solo rides.

I have always thought the Scam & Thrux would make the perfect pair & a good looking pair as well, I remember someone on here has this combo...any thoughts ?

Cheers Terry
I had a first year ('04) Thruxton, and had things been different financially I'd still have that bike. All I did was bolt a set of TORs on and put in a K&N filter, and she dyno'd 67 horsies at the wheel - and would SLAM into the rev limiter in top gear. With aftermarket shocks (I had Ikons on it), some tuning of the front fork and a set of EBC pads and it was big fun. As with any bike with non-riser clipons, your wrists won't like it around town; but find some twisties and it's a very nice tool. I did a few track days with it too, and it'll surprise you.
- FoothillRyder AMA# 289558, BIR #47, COP #001
'97 Trophy 900, '98 Tiger, '03 Speed Triple 955i

My Blog: http://foothillryder.com/
FoothillRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:24 AM   #14709
keep it simple!
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Has anyone riden a Thruxton...what are they like ? I
Yes! Before the scram i had the Thruxton EFI with the Arrow 2-1 and Ohlins shocks. (changed later the Arrow 2-1 for the Shark high-up 2-2 which was much better). Made a 5000 km trip with it through Europe. Sitting position is ideal for the highway at speed 90miles/hour. One day I did 900 km and didn't feel any fatigue.
Twisty roads: not good
City: not good (cramped position)
I'm 1m90 (6feet10???) and there was too much bend in my knees due to the rearward foot controls.
So i ended up installing 'normal' Bonneville controls, changed the M bar to a more upright superbike bar and in the end changed the bike.
For me the scram is so much more,less HP ok, but more torquier at lower revs.
More roomy,feels lighter (once you change the 2 OEM bazookas for an light alloy or put the K.I.S. on the original headers)...
But that's my opinion (from an ex-MX'er)

keep it simple! screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 03:50 AM
keep it simple! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #14710
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,575
Quote:
Oh, Lord. Thank goodness I don't have my Thruxton anymore

Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 AM   #14711
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post

Cheers Terry
I sold my 07 Thruxton last october, rode it 25000 km. Longest trip Oslo-Monza. But it stucked in my garage
after I got my Scrambler. Did a lot of mods, like Ohlins, Carrozzeria. I enjoyd every km on it and you will too

Check out the cafe section at Triumphrat.net.

[/URL]
Old 01-29-2012, 04:41 AM   #14712
henryII
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxacceleration View Post
Henry, there is one available out of England too I believe. Comes polished. (JMC)
I would love to have one, although in powdercoated black...
There are no chainguard tabs on the one pictured.
Jmc is out of business, says so on their web site.

[/URL]
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #14713
Isde265
ISDE 265

Oddometer: 3
this is mine

Hi, this is my Scrambler, which I have just made some modifications, specially backside and the Zard exhaust. Thanks to this, now I can ride standed properly, with legs tighted to gas deposit, no burning in right knee and you can even ride no handed, and the bike do not falls to the right side. The sound is very nice but too loud to pass inspections, so my local dealer made some tunning to do it legal or at least, to ride without looking like a heavy with a Harley... and with 9.4kg less and lower gravity center!!

Backside is minimalist, lighter and more off road useable. Also I mounted a lot of original accessories, like front flyscreen (this do its job from 100km/h until 140; more than this you have to sleep on to the gas deposit!!), protection slide plate, rpm counter, number plates (I use my own ISDE number from Granada 2000 ), front light protection grill... and some out of originals, like Zard 2 in 1 low, clock between rpm and kilometer counters, small turning lights, small enduro plate. I love high front guard and single seat, so next pics maybe these will be mounted.

It is a 2006 carburetors with 29000 km, I use it 75% mountain asfalted roads (riding together with GS mostly, road bikes and KTM Adventure and Tiger, faster than I wish for the Scrambler ) , 10% city; 10% highways and 5% off road (really enduro off road and single tracks, not just wide trail) and I tryied many different tyres: Front original Bridgestones which last 10000km and Tourance also 10000km, but back...: Original Bridgestone Trailwing 3600 and 3400km, Tourance 8000km, Michelin Anakee 14000 and now I mount a new Bridgstone Trailwing 48 which I hope last longer than other off road look tyres!!! Will see...

A lot of info in my first reply!!! Regards from Spain
Attached Images

Isde265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #14714
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,575
Quote:
I sold my 07 Thruxton last october, rode it 25000 km. Longest trip Oslo-Monza. But it stucked in my garage
after I got my Scrambler. Did a lot of mods, like Ohlins, Carrozzeria. I enjoyd every km on it and you will too
Pretty bike

Interesting that you prefer the Scrambler
Old 01-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #14715
tvscum
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
San Diego East County

Eagle Peak Rd., South of Julian: a legal off road trail in San Diego’s East County. I crossed paths with a sheriff and he gave me thumbs up! I used to ride here three decades ago, back when it was the only access to a waterfall swimming hole called Devil’s Punch Bowl (aka Cedar Creek Falls). Drunken teenagers getting hurt and killed while jumping off the cliffs forced deputies to close the swimming hole a few months back. Nice views and very easy dirt roads for my stock suspension. YSS shocks arrive tomorrow.

'86 Yamaha XT350
tvscum is offline   Reply With Quote