Old 03-31-2014, 12:31 AM   #1996
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
reason for mine
12v dc pwr the whole bike 200w stator to a reg/rec from a Kawasaki 1000,
to 12v dc to charge battery ...lights work from there ....so hid ...led's ...12v charge to run gps..12v pwr outlet to charge phone other 12v items ...thermo fan ...heated grips...all this avaliable whilst bike is not running

ppl say if ya want all that buy a updated bike ..... i love my xrr's ...

how do you like that antigravity?

I'm planning something similar but looking at the powerhub2 to clean up all the electronics. great looking ride there!
Akunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:52 AM   #1997
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,302
had it about 12 months now and i really like it ....i once left my 12v charger in the socket and drained it to flat about .2v .... i thought dam i have buggered it ...i placed it on my charger ..not a special 1 or nuthin just a cheapo ....put about 5v back in it and then back on my bike ... ran it for a good hr or so then looked at the v and was back to 13.5v ....that was about 6 months ago and no problems ... holds charge for a month or so no worries ... i ride weekly but ws away for a month ...tested v and was the same ....

so yup i recommend them

my lights are 100 watt spot ...55/60watt on the bottom and the 2 led's are 26 watt i think .. so im just under my watt capacity...with led tail light brake light

so they handle that with no issue charge wise ....every time i test the v i get 13.5v
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 01:03 AM   #1998
Sean-0
straya carnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyz View Post
Thanks for pic seano

Could you explain a bit for the wiring, like the fuse setup and the black switches(?) at the top

sorry keyz i missed your post

the switch's at the top are mains pwr ... turns on light's dash and tail light
second switch pwrs spotlights and led spots ...switch via the high beam switch on the handle bars ..must be like this for correct road worthy ..via a relay
third switch pwrs the thermofan ...i dont use a temp sensor as my vapor has that so when i see the bike getting hot i switch it on

the fuse box is just that a fuse box so all my lights fan heated grips 12v socket so on are fused ... only popped 1 fuse when a wire rubbed ... but sorted that and all good now

if you look you can see where i labeled the wire ends at the fuse block ....makes for easy fix when i need to
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 AM   #1999
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

just what I wanted to hear about that battery!

That tops the list of next buys next to a high output stator (BD perhaps)
and some LED lights (lots of deer around these parts)

The bike last week (freshly uncorked)

since then I have the LED brake light and blinkers wired up. The new tip on the exhaust is installed as well.

and the new dash featuring

BRP triple, HDB top clamp, brush guards and mirrors (work great btw!)

this is the bike last year when I got the BD dual sport kit for it

so by June I plan of having the following installed:

XRs only skid plate
BD Stator
Antigravity 4 cell battery
MondoMoto auxiliary lights
Powerhub 2
and the HDB top clamp needs a powerlet for charging the gps and cellphone while on the road :)
Old 03-31-2014, 01:38 AM   #2000
Sean-0
straya carnt

yup nice work , i set mine up for long haul .the hdb stuff is very nice ...i wanted the setup you have HDB .. but i needed a place to mount batt and reg/rec .and well i ended up like i have

bang a big tank on that and go ride

we are just coming into our winter so riding season is on ...
Old 03-31-2014, 01:45 AM   #2001
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

Quote:
yup nice work , i set mine up for long haul .the hdb stuff is very nice ...i wanted the setup you have HDB .. but i needed a place to mount batt and reg/rec .and well i ended up like i have

bang a big tank on that and go ride

we are just coming into our winter so riding season is on ...
one reason I really like that antigravity battery, somewhere on adv here I'd seen a picture of one mounted where BDesigns had their "AA's" mounted behind the front headlight cover.. and looks like a great fit.

As for a big tank... I'm still shopping for just the right fit
Old 03-31-2014, 03:12 AM   #2002
Sean-0
straya carnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akunin View Post
one reason I really like that antigravity battery, somewhere on adv here I'd seen a picture of one mounted where BDesigns had their "AA's" mounted behind the front headlight cover.. and looks like a great fit.

7gal ims ...would be my pic i have a safari and a acerbis ,the later is the better .... the ims looks good as it has the wells where the petcock is ..safari has the same but its to wide at the seat area ...ims looks slim
Old 03-31-2014, 07:59 AM   #2003
motorider200
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akunin View Post

Here is where i mounted mine. I reused the mounting strap that held the AA battery pack in place. The battery is the smallest one I could find at Walmart. The setup has worked well thus far.

Old 03-31-2014, 09:24 AM   #2004
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,163
Conversion Riding

My conversion, been getting some gravel road time in. It's my BRP out looking for some feral hogs.

luckychucky screwed with this post 03-31-2014 at 09:32 AM
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:42 AM   #2005
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

Quote:
7gal ims ...would be my pic i have a safari and a acerbis ,the later is the better .... the ims looks good as it has the wells where the petcock is ..safari has the same but its to wide at the seat area ...ims looks slim
I was leaning towards the IMS but seems my radiator fan will be in the way so I have a little more research to do on the tanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorider200 View Post
Here is where i mounted mine. I reused the mounting strap that held the AA battery pack in place. The battery is the smallest one I could find at Walmart. The setup has worked well thus far.

that's exactly where I plan to put mine :) great idea!

I was looking at the acid batteries till I saw the posts for the antigravity.. can't wait! Shame I have to wait for the paychecks to catch up to the bike parts

Akunin screwed with this post 03-31-2014 at 06:13 PM
Old 04-01-2014, 09:13 PM   #2006
BronkoRob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
Been working on getting mine ready for longer range adventure. Got lighting sorted out, have the 6.3 tank on the way. Next is some wind protection and bags and rack.

What rack do you guys run and like? I have a moose expedition rack, but I'm not a fan.

Some pics of the my new light bar installed.

Old 04-01-2014, 09:20 PM   #2007
mitchn06
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
diggin that light bar, i was honestly just looking at those on ebay at the same time your post came through, you got a link to that light, or similar, the mounting looks perfect. (bar mount i presume?)
Old 04-01-2014, 11:08 PM   #2008
Sean-0
straya carnt

after all the racs i have tried .... i recommend the billet flat rack for the rear and a giantloop coyote....or you dont even need the rear rack if you go light

giantloop suit this bike perfect
Old 04-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #2009
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

I've been eyeballing the manracks, specifically rhe fender support.. mostly want to get rid of that rear fender twist. Suppose I should find a replacement subframe though since I don't have a 5' bar to give it a twist as suggested in other threads
Old 04-02-2014, 12:34 AM   #2010
Sean-0
straya carnt

i had a tci rack and brace ...pulled the rack and brace off and binned it ...you can see our xrr's come with a rear fender support from the factory

man racks sort of followed this ..great idea he came up with ...our subframes also are a bit different than yours as it has a few tabs welded on and some t nuts for the rear fender support to bolt to

i have removed the stock ally subframe and a mate has made some subframes exactly the same but out of steal ...very strong ..

so now i just run a rear flat rack over the fender and my giantloop bag

the bag over the tank holds fuel bladders so i can carry 50+ liters of fuel 13+gallons