Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2014, 12:45 AM   #1996
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean-0 View Post
yup nice work , i set mine up for long haul .the hdb stuff is very nice ...i wanted the setup you have HDB .. but i needed a place to mount batt and reg/rec .and well i ended up like i have

bang a big tank on that and go ride

we are just coming into our winter so riding season is on ...
one reason I really like that antigravity battery, somewhere on adv here I'd seen a picture of one mounted where BDesigns had their "AA's" mounted behind the front headlight cover.. and looks like a great fit.

As for a big tank... I'm still shopping for just the right fit
Akunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:12 AM   #1997
Sean-0
straya carnt

Oddometer: 4,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akunin View Post
one reason I really like that antigravity battery, somewhere on adv here I'd seen a picture of one mounted where BDesigns had their "AA's" mounted behind the front headlight cover.. and looks like a great fit.

7gal ims ...would be my pic i have a safari and a acerbis ,the later is the better .... the ims looks good as it has the wells where the petcock is ..safari has the same but its to wide at the seat area ...ims looks slim
Sean-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:59 AM   #1998
motorider200
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akunin View Post

Here is where i mounted mine. I reused the mounting strap that held the AA battery pack in place. The battery is the smallest one I could find at Walmart. The setup has worked well thus far.

Old 03-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #1999
luckychucky
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,305
Conversion Riding

My conversion, been getting some gravel road time in. It's my BRP out looking for some feral hogs.

luckychucky screwed with this post 03-31-2014 at 08:32 AM
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 09:42 AM   #2000
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

Quote:
7gal ims ...would be my pic i have a safari and a acerbis ,the later is the better .... the ims looks good as it has the wells where the petcock is ..safari has the same but its to wide at the seat area ...ims looks slim
I was leaning towards the IMS but seems my radiator fan will be in the way so I have a little more research to do on the tanks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorider200 View Post
Here is where i mounted mine. I reused the mounting strap that held the AA battery pack in place. The battery is the smallest one I could find at Walmart. The setup has worked well thus far.

that's exactly where I plan to put mine :) great idea!

I was looking at the acid batteries till I saw the posts for the antigravity.. can't wait! Shame I have to wait for the paychecks to catch up to the bike parts

Akunin screwed with this post 03-31-2014 at 05:13 PM
Old 04-01-2014, 08:13 PM   #2001
BronkoRob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Been working on getting mine ready for longer range adventure. Got lighting sorted out, have the 6.3 tank on the way. Next is some wind protection and bags and rack.

What rack do you guys run and like? I have a moose expedition rack, but I'm not a fan.

Some pics of the my new light bar installed.

Old 04-01-2014, 08:20 PM   #2002
mitchn06
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 542
diggin that light bar, i was honestly just looking at those on ebay at the same time your post came through, you got a link to that light, or similar, the mounting looks perfect. (bar mount i presume?)
Old 04-01-2014, 10:08 PM   #2003
Sean-0
straya carnt

after all the racs i have tried .... i recommend the billet flat rack for the rear and a giantloop coyote....or you dont even need the rear rack if you go light

giantloop suit this bike perfect
Old 04-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #2004
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

I've been eyeballing the manracks, specifically rhe fender support.. mostly want to get rid of that rear fender twist. Suppose I should find a replacement subframe though since I don't have a 5' bar to give it a twist as suggested in other threads
Old 04-01-2014, 11:34 PM   #2005
Sean-0
straya carnt

i had a tci rack and brace ...pulled the rack and brace off and binned it ...you can see our xrr's come with a rear fender support from the factory

man racks sort of followed this ..great idea he came up with ...our subframes also are a bit different than yours as it has a few tabs welded on and some t nuts for the rear fender support to bolt to

i have removed the stock ally subframe and a mate has made some subframes exactly the same but out of steal ...very strong ..

so now i just run a rear flat rack over the fender and my giantloop bag

the bag over the tank holds fuel bladders so i can carry 50+ liters of fuel 13+gallons
Old 04-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #2006
BronkoRob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
I'm not sure of the brand of light. I got it from a friend of a friend deal. It is very bright though. The outside 4 are floods and center 4 are spots. I used acerbis hand guard bar mount hard ware to mount the light. Yes it is mounted to the bars.

Not a fan of the cheesy plastic button with led indicator. Gonna see what's out there to swap on.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #2007
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronkoRob View Post
I'm not sure of the brand of light. I got it from a friend of a friend deal. It is very bright though. The outside 4 are floods and center 4 are spots. I used acerbis hand guard bar mount hard ware to mount the light. Yes it is mounted to the bars.

Not a fan of the cheesy plastic button with led indicator. Gonna see what's out there to swap on.
With Bluetooth so common you think you could have a wireless remote setup and mount it to where a rider would want it.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:49 PM   #2008
Akunin
Neo-Vegabond

Quote:

i have removed the stock ally subframe and a mate has made some subframes exactly the same but out of steal ...very strong ..

damn, that's a nice frame. shame I wasn't closer I'd order one from him!
Old 04-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #2009
Sean-0
straya carnt

yes they are and very very strong .....he made 4 only and has ppl pestering him for more ... but there time consuming to make and the price would be around 700 so not really a thing to make for a xrr as most ppl cant see the bigger picture and wont pay that price
Old 04-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #2010
pigjockey
Hognuts

Oddometer: 892
sean-o

yer gunna need duals on that pig if you keep piling crap on the poor thing. save some room for that project i'm making us. Looks like your tire found the fender brace. I'm working on a compression stop for the rear wheel than I think its a go on the surprise part. How does the forks handle that fuel load? I think I can get your frontend a good 25 lbs. lighter for other more important goodies (beer). You my friend might wanna consider getting a ford diesel p/u truck knock out the glass and sell that lil pig Chuck
pigjockey is online now   Reply With Quote