Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #331
ganshert
not sleeping

Oddometer: 8,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTM640Dakar
I converted a 2002 XR to the ultimate rally machine. Seen here in orange and silver. I put KTM stickers on it to fool people.

Behind this perfect honduh is my buddy with his stock honduh. He is on kick start number 118 and we are waiting around for him to get that big pig started so we can start riding. We all gave that thing about 25 kicks each before we told him to buy a real bike. He then got flusterd and angry and kicked the bike into submission. He says it's cold blooded.

Somebody has to ride the honduh.
Your my hero

Do you have enough :ymca stickers on your bike?
ganshert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #332
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Oddometer: 1,997

The old guy is my Dad. He isn't too old to kick start a bike, just too smart.
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:14 AM   #333
MOTOSHEDEVIL
EvelKimEvel!

Oddometer: 12
Or a real womans bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TheQuadShop
Electric starts are for old guys that don't have the strength to kick start a real mans bike!
MOTOSHEDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:38 AM   #334
Jeff@TheQuadShop
TAT survivor

Oddometer: 4,581
Quote:

The old guy is my Dad. He isn't too old to kick start a bike, just too smart.
My XR600 starts on the first kick....must be the girlyman in the red shirt.
KY state Vet A offroad champion
TAT, KAT and TWVT survivor
Jeff@TheQuadShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 08:30 AM   #335
Red_Chili
Fresh Ground

Oddometer: 2,077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTOSHEDEVIL
Or a real womans bike!
I knew of one other woman who rode a BRP. She had just jettisoned a lowlife unworthy husband and kept the bike, and was riding it at the poker run.

Gumption.

Good on ya!

The kickstart jab reminds me of a guy who showed up at the track to ride his branny new YZ400F, towed on a brand new trailer, behind a brand new Saab turbo, wearing brand new MX clothing under a brand new helmet. Looked like a C-level something of a medium sized business.

That, and mighty sweaty. He was on kick #42 with no joy. I offered to help. I was unfamiliar with the YZF, but an old thumperjockey, so I gave it a go. Four or five kicks with the decomp pulled and WOT, two kicks from just after TDC, and it came to life. Taught him the drill, but... C level people are hard to teach sometimes. Saw him ten minutes later on the other side of the track flailing away again. Told me later he was going to get rid of the piece of junk...

He needed an ebutton (and more things which I shall refrain from describing). I don't, though I can see their usefulness. Heaven help you if the batt dies and you don't know the drill though.
'97 KDX 220 for woods work
SMUGMUG COUPON RSKbiM6oytjtw, save some money and have a great online picture gallery!
Red_Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #336
MrMike
No self control

Oddometer: 786
I'll show you mine

Everyone has shown their bike so I thought it about time to show what mine looks like now. It has the usual things Acerbis tank, Edlebrock carb, EBay key switch setup, Aftermarket headlight (not much output), rewound stater, 606's, and BD ELECTRIC START. The ES is the only way I could ride this great bike so I got it and it works great . It has stock gearing so not great at 80 on the freeway but good everywhere else. I wanted to make it as much dual sport as I could and it has worked out just fine for that. This is the middle bike of the fleet in between the HP2 and the TE250 Husky so it gets used the most. I got it used about a year ago I guess and have only had a problem with it cutting out and dying which I think I cured by replacing the coil, coil wire, and rev box. I don't know which fixed it but it runs great now so I don't care which it was. So here's my bike.....

Old 02-10-2007, 05:34 AM   #337
kellyk7
Who knows

Oddometer: 1,746
Quote:
I converted a 2002 XR to the ultimate rally machine. Seen here in orange and silver. I put KTM stickers on it to fool people.

Behind this perfect honduh is my buddy with his stock honduh. He is on kick start number 118 and we are waiting around for him to get that big pig started so we can start riding. We all gave that thing about 25 kicks each before we told him to buy a real bike. He then got flusterd and angry and kicked the bike into submission. He says it's cold blooded.

sounds like your buddy needs to learn how to tune his bike, not sure i buy the cold blooded thing, this is my first winter with the XR and while In the summer it starts like a 2 stroke, full choke kick it and it sputters then half choke kick and it runs, in the winter it starts like normal, full choke kick it and it runs then starts sputtering. I have never kicked mine 25 times to get it to start, even after a lay down. coldest I have started it in was 25 deg. and you guys don't look to be dressed for near that

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It is about learning how to dance in the rain" - HAWK
kellyk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 05:40 AM   #338
kellyk7
Who knows

Oddometer: 1,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmanluggage
Man rideing that thing must be like crowbaring into an overloaded Goldwing, with a fat chick on the back.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It is about learning how to dance in the rain" - HAWK
kellyk7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:57 AM   #339
cool dude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Hi all,

I found this for sale in France http://www.geo-live.com/xr650/announce.html

Apparantly is has survived 2 Dakars already and has some interesting features. Check out the fuel system for example.

cool dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:32 AM   #340
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Oddometer: 13,655
doggone impressive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool dude
Hi all,

I found this for sale in France http://www.geo-live.com/xr650/announce.html

Apparantly is has survived 2 Dakars already and has some interesting features. Check out the fuel system for example.

Zapp22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:35 AM   #341
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

Quote:

That's how we all got our barely-ridden XRR's DIRT CHEEEP !!!! old guys that couldn't start them, then when they finally got it started and it threw them off the back, they decided to SELL
Old 02-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #342
xr400r
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,033
I'll take it.
xr400r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:02 AM   #343
Miguel
off road junkie

Oddometer: 590
That Dakar bike has been for sale for a while now. I think he's only asking 11,000 euro .

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage -
2009 KTM 990 Adventure R

http://www.advancedridertraining.ca/
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:41 AM   #344
Zapp22
ZAPP - Tejas

hey gang
what brushbusters do you use with stock bars??
Old 02-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #345
Miguel
off road junkie

Oddometer: 590
stock bars ?

They came off before I even kicked the bike once. I have the Acerbis Multi-plo on my renthals.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage -
2009 KTM 990 Adventure R

http://www.advancedridertraining.ca/
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote