ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-25-2008, 09:22 PM   #1171
FOCKER
Northwest Adventure Rider
 
FOCKER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Eastern WA
Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Stoned

2000 xr650r
What bags are you using?

Thanks!
FOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #1172
Stevevh
Kudu Driver
 
Stevevh's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas/FtWorth TX
Oddometer: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dak Kovar
Steve,
The rack came from and is marked as XR's Only. The rack pictured in the link is not the rack I have on my bike. Maybe they discontinued the model I have or the picture may be the wrong one for the 650R. I don't know.
http://www.xrsonly.com/content/index...mart&Itemid=77
The rack I have is a little on the small side for me, 2" longer and an inch wider would have been nice. Still it has been solid and has not given me any problems.

Let me know if you need close up shots, I'll see what I can do.

HTH,
DK
Thanks for the info. Been looking at the PMB for a while now.
Did not know that XRs made one that looked so similar! Interesting!!!!

Steve
Stevevh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:32 AM   #1173
Jackazz
Studly Adventurer
 
Jackazz's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Western Wa
Oddometer: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOCKER
What bags are you using?

Thanks!
Ortlieb saddle bags and an older cortec tail bag. Ortliebs are waterproof, the cortec needs a cover.
"T"
Jackazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #1174
FOCKER
Northwest Adventure Rider
 
FOCKER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Eastern WA
Oddometer: 154
Thanks T.
FOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #1175
averagejoe
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Manassas Virginia
Oddometer: 571
It is a nice day so I took a picture of my 2000 XR650R.
Edelbrock carb, Titanium 4 exhaust, Power bomb header, Flexxco bars, 4.3 Clarke tank, Baja designs lighting-running on AC...it gets me to where I want to go..... Legally
__________________
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 Gas Gas JXT270
2007 KTM 640 Adventure
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:14 PM   #1176
husky123
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Leesburg, VA
Oddometer: 1,454
That things purdy! Heard it might be for sale though?
husky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #1177
averagejoe
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Manassas Virginia
Oddometer: 571
You never know whats for sale around here...do ya.

I wonder how a TE310 would be on the road?
__________________
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 Gas Gas JXT270
2007 KTM 640 Adventure

averagejoe screwed with this post 11-29-2008 at 07:00 PM
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #1178
FOCKER
Northwest Adventure Rider
 
FOCKER's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Eastern WA
Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe
Did you spray paint the rims? Looks like over spray on the tires and photo shopped stickers.
FOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #1179
header
Chris
 
header's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Oddometer: 1,731
could someone help me out please!

i like to stand for long sections at a time, but that gets fairly uncomfortable so i need some risers. i want some Big risers, the last ones i had on my xrl were two inchers and they werent high enough. i already have protaper high bars, they dont really seem that tall. but they are thicker which makes finding bar risers difficult (atleast i cant find any).

someone help me out please.
__________________


KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #1180
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider
 
Hodakaguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Eastern WA State
Oddometer: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher miller
i like to stand for long sections at a time, but that gets fairly uncomfortable so i need some risers. i want some Big risers, the last ones i had on my xrl were two inchers and they werent high enough. i already have protaper high bars, they dont really seem that tall. but they are thicker which makes finding bar risers difficult (atleast i cant find any).

someone help me out please.
Check out BRP's web site CLICK HERE. They arn't cheap but they will have what your after. I went with a BRP submount tripple/risers. With my Pro-Taper Windham bend bars It's about 3 inches taller, which for my tall frame is perfect. The bars are also farther forward, standing up is super comfortable now The Windham is the tallest bar until you go with the ATV high, but it has more sweep and I wanted a bar with less sweep.

Here's a picture of my setup on the bike.



Hodakaguy
__________________
NV 2012 - In Memory of the Crewmen RR: CLICK HERE
Adventure Is Out There - NV RR: CLICK HERE
Riding Through History - NV RR: CLICK HERE
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:27 PM   #1181
header
Chris
 
header's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Salt Lake City
Oddometer: 1,731
thanks for the link....and for the fast reply
__________________


KTM 530exc
525exc refresh
header is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:55 PM   #1182
averagejoe
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Manassas Virginia
Oddometer: 571
Hell yeah on the paint job...love the black rims. Why pay for black rims when you can get them for free..they just get f'ed up anyway. What stickers are you refering to? No Photoshop on that bike.
__________________
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 Gas Gas JXT270
2007 KTM 640 Adventure
averagejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:12 PM   #1183
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater
 
AtomicXRer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Los Alamos, Northern NM
Oddometer: 3,988
What BRP bar submount risers are you using? I have BRP lower and upper triple clamps, and now want to add the scotts stablizer, but I only have the standard (non-bridge) bar mounts.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodakaguy
Check out BRP's web site CLICK HERE. They arn't cheap but they will have what your after. I went with a BRP submount tripple/risers. With my Pro-Taper Windham bend bars It's about 3 inches taller, which for my tall frame is perfect. The bars are also farther forward, standing up is super comfortable now The Windham is the tallest bar until you go with the ATV high, but it has more sweep and I wanted a bar with less sweep.

Here's a picture of my setup on the bike.



Hodakaguy
__________________
2003 KX250 - plated
2014 WR450F - plated
AtomicXRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:21 PM   #1184
Hodakaguy
NorthWest Adventure Rider
 
Hodakaguy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Eastern WA State
Oddometer: 2,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicXRer
What BRP bar submount risers are you using? I have BRP lower and upper triple clamps, and now want to add the scotts stablizer, but I only have the standard (non-bridge) bar mounts.

I have the BRP submount risers. If you already have the tripple you can just get the sub mount riser setup CLICK HERE. I ordered mine with as much forward offset as possible, I think they had two choices.

A quick search on ebay pulls up these. Everything your going to need except cables and the Damper unit. Looks like a great deal (Not mine, just passing the good deal along).

CLICK HERE - (Ebay Submount riser Link)

and

CLICK HERE - (Ebay Submount arm kit)


Hodakaguy
__________________
NV 2012 - In Memory of the Crewmen RR: CLICK HERE
Adventure Is Out There - NV RR: CLICK HERE
Riding Through History - NV RR: CLICK HERE
And Then There Were Four - OR RR: CLICK HERE
My VW Syncro Westy Build Thread: CLICK HERE
Hodakaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:33 PM   #1185
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater
 
AtomicXRer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Los Alamos, Northern NM
Oddometer: 3,988
Hey, thanks for the advice and tips...

Yeah, I have the BRP moto risers. Looks like I need to get the BRP submount risers, arm kit, cables and damper.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodakaguy
I have the BRP submount risers. If you already have the tripple you can just get the sub mount riser setup CLICK HERE. I ordered mine with as much forward offset as possible, I think they had two choices.

A quick search on ebay pulls up these. Everything your going to need except cables and the Damper unit. Looks like a great deal (Not mine, just passing the good deal along).

CLICK HERE - (Ebay Submount riser Link)

and

CLICK HERE - (Ebay Submount arm kit)


Hodakaguy
__________________
2003 KX250 - plated
2014 WR450F - plated
AtomicXRer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014