Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2006, 03:19 PM   #61
SpringOly
Old Swede

Oddometer: 187
One more set for a 640, if you please...

Please let me know when the 2006 640 Adv risers are available - cause I'd like some!

Thanks!
SpringOly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #62
VintageThumper
Gotta ride!

Oddometer: 1,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtinblood
I am striking an agreement with a local e-trading web site, so that everybody can order the riser through them, if you prefer. They'll accept credit cards or paypal, and get a much better deal on shipping than I can get. It will end up costing the same.
If you want to work with me directly, then I'll take certified cheques or money orders. Remember, shipping won't start until the end of next week. If you've already expressed interest and are waiting for your PM, I'm still organizing the details of shipping, etc, so please stand by. Don't worry, you are still on the list.
I'd like to order through the e-trading site. Please let me know when that comes together.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #63
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
o.k. as promised... a bunch of pictures with the 'Bone' on a 640.

The cables do reach, the shortest cables are the throttle cable followed by the clutch cable. The clutch cable still has about 2" of play to spare and if need be could be routed a little differently for a bit more length.

To allow for the throttle cable, in the stock position it is really close, to be worry free it just needs to be rotated down so that it is between the off/on switch and the starter button as in the pic below.

Standing on the pegs, looking down.

Perfect positioning, imagine the stock height being 1.5" lower in relation to this picture. Ed would be leaning down, or be crunched imagine that lowered position for bike handling and going down hill.

Keep in mind, these pic's also apply to the 950.

If questions post them here or PM Dirtinblood or you can try to PM me and I will do my best to answer.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 07:39 AM   #64
UKstu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Good idea

I was out on the trail the other day and thought the bars needed to be lifted a bit (6'4" lanky bloke) on my 03 950.

Any one have the E trading account details or the man to contact re the risers.
UKstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #65
MookieBlaylock
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,581
late to the party but pls add me to the 950 list -they look good
MookieBlaylock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #66
dirtinblood OP
Ontariariario

Oddometer: 353
Ordering Info

OK Kids. Here's how it's going to work. You have two choices. You can order it directly from me, or use the e-trading site durhamesales.com (they post items on e-bay).
The benefit of using the Durham E-sales is that you can pay by paypal, or credit card, or certified cheque (mail and bank processing delay involved though), and they will send it off to you. Most people tend to like the idea of the paypal payment (I know that I prefer it!).
If you prefer to deal with me directly, then PM me, and I'll send you my personal address info, where you can send your certified cheque. (I'm told that it can take up to a full week to clear a US cheque at the bank)
If you are going to fit the riser onto a '04 to '06 640 adventure, which came stock with short risers, please let me know because I'll have to send along different mounting bolts. Other than that they will fit any KTM.
I am told that the "Rally Risers" will be posted on durhamesales.com tonight. Go to their e-bay auction items, and it will be there as a "buy now" item, no bidding required!
dirtinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:02 AM   #67
Teckhardt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
I would prefer not to pay someone else a commission for your hard work. Please send me the payment details and I will deal with you directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtinblood
OK Kids. Here's how it's going to work. You have two choices. You can order it directly from me, or use the e-trading site durhamesales.com (they post items on e-bay).
The benefit of using the Durham E-sales is that you can pay by paypal, or credit card, or certified cheque (mail and bank processing delay involved though), and they will send it off to you. Most people tend to like the idea of the paypal payment (I know that I prefer it!).
If you prefer to deal with me directly, then PM me, and I'll send you my personal address info, where you can send your certified cheque. (I'm told that it can take up to a full week to clear a US cheque at the bank)
If you are going to fit the riser onto a '04 to '06 640 adventure, which came stock with short risers, please let me know because I'll have to send along different mounting bolts. Other than that they will fit any KTM.
I am told that the "Rally Risers" will be posted on durhamesales.com tonight. Go to their e-bay auction items, and it will be there as a "buy now" item, no bidding required!
Teckhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:23 PM   #68
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 2,002
I too would like a set and am very happy in using the Paypal option. I've just sent an email to you via ebay in asking the cost of postage to Australia.

I really like the look of these and they look like they do the job. I have already raised my bars a bit, but I still get lower back pain and cramps. I'm around 5'8" and have a lower back problem, so hopefully this issue will be solved.

Will keep you posted.

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 07:38 PM   #69
dirtinblood OP
Ontariariario

Shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotyred
I too would like a set and am very happy in using the Paypal option. I've just sent an email to you via ebay in asking the cost of postage to Australia.

I really like the look of these and they look like they do the job. I have already raised my bars a bit, but I still get lower back pain and cramps. I'm around 5'8" and have a lower back problem, so hopefully this issue will be solved.

Will keep you posted.
Sure! Throw a hard one at me. We'll inquire about Purolator, UPS or Fedex for you. Any preference?
The risers will help your back, but I'm not sure about the cramps! Too many tortilla's last night.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:34 PM   #70
twotyred
Practising Recedivist

Oddometer: 2,002
Been contacted by durhamesales and have finalised the deal. Looking forward to mounting them sometime soon.

Thanks.

More enthusiasm than ability!!
twotyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 05:33 AM   #71
UKstu
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Cool2 Went on holiday

Went away, came home logged on but the can't but the rizers.

Is there going to be another run???
UKstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 06:55 AM   #72
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKstu
Went away, came home logged on but the can't but the rizers.

Is there going to be another run???
UkStu
As it is the weekend, you might want to PM Dirtinblood - he will get back to you but it might not be for a day or so.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 02:08 PM   #73
DakarBlues
One-everythinged man

Oddometer: 1,283
After one week still waiting for my risers to arrive

Did someone receive their risers?
I made my purchasse over a week ago, so far zip!

Pedibus Cum Jambus 1200 S
IBA # 38875
DakarBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #74
SpringOly
Old Swede

Oddometer: 187
Question Nada

I ordered them on the 15th of June - no word yet. Beginning to wonder...
SpringOly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:04 AM   #75
dirtinblood OP
Ontariariario

Pissed shipping of risers is delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringOly
I ordered them on the 15th of June - no word yet. Beginning to wonder...
I'm so sorry guys. The shop gave me firm dates, so I let everybody place their orders. The shop has let me down. The risers are made, the fasteners are in, but the delay is now at the anodizing company. They do huge business with large companies, and this tiny little order doesn't remain on their priority list very long before some big job pushes it aside.
We are now entering into a long weekend here, so nothing will get done this afternoon or monday. I fear that if I threaten to take my business elsewhere, they will just laugh. This job is not worth much to them. I have told them that each of these items has already been sold, and the customers are getting restless. He says that he understands and he'll get them done. I'm getting a little pissed myself.
So I have to beg you for more patience.