User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2006, 10:16 AM   #76
Katoomer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,476
Captain Svera

Sorry about that.....I've been a little lax on the postings lately. Wouldn't want to deprive the ADV rider community of a chance to view our lovely "skipper".

Katoomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #77
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
HELLLLLO, where are you????????????????? PICs, Please!

TR

TRACTOR RIDER screwed with this post 07-18-2006 at 10:06 PM
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 07:36 PM   #78
aterveen_1487
Black Hills BMW Stampede

Oddometer: 51
been a while

been waiting to hear some good news and see some pics, hope to see some soon!
Posse #336
WWW.BLACKHILLSBMW.COM
aterveen_1487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:06 PM   #79
vegasphotog
Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer: 3,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRACTOR RIDER
HELLLLLO, where are you????????????????? PICs, Please!

TR

This was on the late night dispatch...it seems these Ural drivers were pissed off that Griz cut them off down the road.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #80
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,238
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #81
aterveen_1487
Black Hills BMW Stampede

Laugh oh no

fighter you ready to ride, looks like we may need a recon mission to pick up our friends....or NOT
Posse #336
WWW.BLACKHILLSBMW.COM
Old 07-20-2006, 08:51 AM   #82
Tom S
Can I ride it?

WTF?! What happened to TR's posts & the P-Shop'ed pix with Griz & the red bikini.
Put them back, this ain't right.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:03 AM   #83
vegasphotog
Las Vegas Cheechako

Oddometer: 3,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S
WTF?! What happened to TR's posts & the P-Shop'ed pix with Griz & the red bikini.
Put them back, this ain't right.
I never saw that post????? But, would sure like to!
Old 07-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #84
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Oddometer: 876
Made it to Vermont!

Where to start... WTF is living up to its namesake. Everyday is an adventure. Griz is now saddle broke. Jim now removes his helmet when we stop, and we picked up Ptero (aka Logistics aka Reid). We triangulated with the cell phones and met up in Ark. The roads have been outstanding, the weather hot and wet (not rain).

Before meeting up with Reid we were cruzin' on hwy 14 in northern Ark hooking up some big and small sweepers and watching for deer. Griz was somewhere in the future, Jim trailing us taking in the sights. All the corners were marked with speed suggestions and we could about double them. All the corners except one...

So, USBYGS came rolling into the corner and it tightened up real quick... Well, we just heeled her over hard and seemed okay until the grind of saddle bag on pavement! I let her grind for a second or so until I saw the other lane was clear and let her up and used both lanes to finish the corner. Those black bags have a very shiny spot on the front corner now!

The damage aside, we felt good about the fact that there was no panic from either of us, no adrenaline rush, and that we navigated out of that one okay. I was disappointed only by the fact that I misjudged the corner.

Take no prisoners - Leave no witnesses
USBYGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:37 PM   #85
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Who the F is gonna lead this bunch?

We try to take turns and try to plan routes at night. Imagine planning a route with Griz snapping comments about this and that and usually not related to the route but something just to mess with us while reading maps.

We hit BBQ at Spooney's in Greewwood, Miss. one day and then headed across the state toward the Barber Bike Museum in Alabama. We have been hitting hotels at night since we got into the heat and humidity and are camping for the first time tonight at the Rally.

We thought that riding together would be an adventure, man, you should try rooming with any one of these guys... Crazy. I think there is a warning put out through the hotel chains to keep an eye out for us.

We hit the museum. What can I say about that? It was incredible. 5 stories of bikes and what bikes. We will have to do a slide show on that by itself. Griz actually shed a tear when we had to leave...

Gotta run - will try to post more tomorrow.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #86
MotoMamma
Living Life

Oddometer: 1,094
Cool2 Guardian Angel rode corner with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USBYGS
So, USBYGS came rolling into the corner and it tightened up real quick... Well, we just heeled her over hard and seemed okay until the grind of saddle bag on pavement! I let her grind for a second or so until I saw the other lane was clear and let her up and used both lanes to finish the corner. Those black bags have a very shiny spot on the front corner now!

The damage aside, we felt good about the fact that there was no panic from either of us, no adrenaline rush, and that we navigated out of that one okay. I was disappointed only by the fact that I misjudged the corner.

Oh........so you both became one with the bike!

Glad to hear you are safe and having fun!

All of us have a thousand wishes. A cancer patient only has one wish, to kick cancer's ass.
MotoMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 06:14 AM   #87
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Riding an HP2 today...

Set up a demo ride today. We saw one of these at Deals Gap and the young rider went out of the parking lot sliding sideways, wheel spinning, and shot out onto the road and disappeared into the Dragon's Tail. Way cool.

So, we decided that we had enough of the heat and humidity and turned out nose north and east. Off to the Blue Ridge and Deals Gap. We were directed to some outstanding roads by Bogarts BMW in Alabama and the weather cooled off for us.

The Gap was not too crowded but always a little intimidating with all the bikes and cars. Gina and I rode about 3/4 of the way in and found a spot to park for taking pictures. Griz and Ptero rode the whole thing in and out. You just have to know your own limits and watch for oncoming... Oh yeah, keep an eye on you six and let the rockets by because they will pass you anyway (nothing can startle you more than a screaming inline four running by off your left within inches of you). There were some fast cars running the road too (Cobra for example). The roads going into and out of the Gap are almost as good.

As always, you have to pylon some iron so you can throughly enjoy the ride. We cruised a bout 50 mi. of the BR Parkway before we bailed and hit some faster roads. I can't even begin to tell you about all the great riding roads we did that day.

I did feel pressured to represent when I was out front and came up on a high $$ custom chopper and two baggers. The rest of the gang was a car back and we were trying to enjoy the twisty mountain roads. As we came up to this trio the two baggers were leading the chopper. The chopper was really accelerating hard on the short straights but slowing way down into the corner. We were coming into the corner faster and were right on his pipes coming out of the corner in case we could pass. The noise was deafening. The group was riding real tight and the chopper did not want me to pass. One small chance I had the chop slid over the center line so I could not. Well, needless to say, my adrenaline was now pumping. Gina said "screw this, get around his ass". So, we stayed tight on him until we were coming up to a corner, he slowed and in second gear, we went from 4000 rpms to 7000+ before I could even think about it and sqeezed in btw the chop and the bagger. I mean SQUEEZE. It was tight and I almost nerfed the bagger. Now we are having fun!

The chopper was shaking his hand - fist - whatever at us according to Griz. My focus was on the baggers in front. We made short work of the baggers with Griz watching our six. As we past the last (first) bagger we came around a corner to an intersection where a heard of iron was preparing to pull out. The first one pulled out, as the second one started without looking, I laid on the horn. Dude stopped pretty quick in the other lane, almost dropped his ride, and backpeddled as we rolled by. (Griz rolled by the pack in one swoop, and he wanted to make sure you all knew that.)Man this riding stuff is fun. Combat Touring at its best. WTF, I need go ride an HP2. Hope you all are having as much fun as we are!

Old 07-21-2006, 06:57 AM   #88
aterveen_1487
Black Hills BMW Stampede

great rides

wow it is sounding like an awesome trip, thanks for the detailed descriptions of the ride.....it's like I am there....but not tell everyone hi...let us know when you get back in this area and we'll have supper on us, steaks and stuff. Later
Posse #336
WWW.BLACKHILLSBMW.COM
Old 07-21-2006, 07:06 AM   #89
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Be careful.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:05 AM   #90
LostMan
Fükengrüven

Oddometer: 251
Laugh Stuffing HarleyHerders

<< Gina said "screw this, get around his ass". >>

Geeeezzzzzzz, Jerry. Watch out for that precious cargo on the back. Do what she says. Hahahaha.

Soul Mate indeed.
LostMan is offline   Reply With Quote