User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2006, 07:48 AM   #121
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Oddometer: 876
Winding down

We made it to southern FL. It was hot and we skirted the rain. Man, FL is a long state.

So, we rode with Griz and Reid for a couple of days before WTF went different directions. Jim has already made a beeline for home and we were squeezing out what quality time we had left together. The first day on the road went slow and late. We stopped around 8 at night. Griz had the most excitement when he had a chance to throttle a "fellow rider". We were just putting along enjoying the sites when this bike (loud and chromed) came up behind me in a hurry. I slide over to make is safe for him to go by. He still went double yellow in a not so safe area. Then the fun began as he came up on Griz following Ptero. He rode up fast and stayed tight. Then he went for the pass on a double yellow uphill, near the top. Griz started to roll then back off for safety reasons to let the guy pass. As soon as he crested the hill, Griz jetted by Ptero, and chased the guy down. He rolled up on the guys heels, stayed for a minute then smoked by in 3rd. He went straight into a corner, heeled her over and by the time the pylon had time to react, Griz was well around the corner. They toyed with each other for a while then the guy just disappeared. Really, we were behind and we caught up to Griz and never saw the guy. What a grin on Griz's face....

Take no prisoners - Leave no witnesses
USBYGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:04 PM   #122
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBYGS
We made it to southern FL. It was hot and we skirted the rain. Man, FL is a long state.

So, we rode with Griz and Reid for a couple of days before WTF went different directions. Jim has already made a beeline for home and we were squeezing out what quality time we had left together. The first day on the road went slow and late. We stopped around 8 at night. Griz had the most excitement when he had a chance to throttle a "fellow rider". We were just putting along enjoying the sites when this bike (loud and chromed) came up behind me in a hurry. I slide over to make is safe for him to go by. He still went double yellow in a not so safe area. Then the fun began as he came up on Griz following Ptero. He rode up fast and stayed tight. Then he went for the pass on a double yellow uphill, near the top. Griz started to roll then back off for safety reasons to let the guy pass. As soon as he crested the hill, Griz jetted by Ptero, and chased the guy down. He rolled up on the guys heels, stayed for a minute then smoked by in 3rd. He went straight into a corner, heeled her over and by the time the pylon had time to react, Griz was well around the corner. They toyed with each other for a while then the guy just disappeared. Really, we were behind and we caught up to Griz and never saw the guy. What a grin on Griz's face....
THE ASSHOLE DIDN'T KNOW WTF HIT HIM AS I WENT BY SNICKIN GEARS. THEN HE TRIED TO STAY WITH ME, AND YOU KNOW ME...THAT JUST AIN'T HAPPENIN' ON A GD HARLEY. I THINK THE 45 MPH CURVE AT A TON CHANGED HIS MIND. SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FIGHTER!!! IT WAS MOST EXCELLENT! I HAVE NOW BOUNCED MY ASS ACROSS IND AND ILL AND AM IN IOWA WITH A BUNCH OF IOWEIGENS, JUST ABOUT 20 MILES FROM KNOXVILLE AND TONIGHT IS SPRINT CARS, YAHOO. ITS DAMNED HOT SO I TOOK IT AS LONG AS I COULD. HOLY SHITSTAIN BATMAN ITS F'N HOT! JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MA AND SHE SAID RELIEF SHOULD BE IN STORE MONDAY. BEEN PASSIN' BIKES AND BIKES ON TRAILERS HEADED TO STURGIS (FLIPPIN OFF THE TRAILERS OF COURSE). GOTTA GO GET SOME ICED TEA AT PERKINS NOW. WILL UPDATE WHEN I GET HOME.
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #123
Fighter
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIZ
THE ASSHOLE DIDN'T KNOW WTF HIT HIM AS I WENT BY SNICKIN GEARS. THEN HE TRIED TO STAY WITH ME, AND YOU KNOW ME...THAT JUST AIN'T HAPPENIN' ON A GD HARLEY. I THINK THE 45 MPH CURVE AT A TON CHANGED HIS MIND. SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FIGHTER!!! IT WAS MOST EXCELLENT! I HAVE NOW BOUNCED MY ASS ACROSS IND AND ILL AND AM IN IOWA WITH A BUNCH OF IOWEIGENS, JUST ABOUT 20 MILES FROM KNOXVILLE AND TONIGHT IS SPRINT CARS, YAHOO. ITS DAMNED HOT SO I TOOK IT AS LONG AS I COULD. HOLY SHITSTAIN BATMAN ITS F'N HOT! JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH MA AND SHE SAID RELIEF SHOULD BE IN STORE MONDAY. BEEN PASSIN' BIKES AND BIKES ON TRAILERS HEADED TO STURGIS (FLIPPIN OFF THE TRAILERS OF COURSE). GOTTA GO GET SOME ICED TEA AT PERKINS NOW. WILL UPDATE WHEN I GET HOME.

Most excellent my man.
Take 'em all Pterodactyl Style.
Be careful...
I'm a few days away and can't cover your flank.
I know you remember that asshat from Whitefish.
Fighter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #124
Fred
Banned

Oddometer: 1,051
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by friar mike
You know this is the second thread he's had the need to fuck with
Excuse me, but I asked a simple question. You guys lacking in the sex department or something? When I go on a trip, the computer and cell phone are not with me and that's the way I and lots of other people like it.

"Slither under a rock". I tried but your big ass was in the way.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:32 AM   #125
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Our last night together was spent at a small motel owned by a biker couple. Best place we have stayed at (that we have paid for) and the best price. We stayed up drinkin', smokin', cussin', and telling the same ol' stories, just different versions, of our times together and other adventures we have been on. Gina was excitedly catching fireflies, a posting was made, and all of this after an excellent dinner at a tavern who's owner rides a GS.

In the morning, a tearful goodbye was made and we parted ways for now. We know that our paths will always be intertwined and we will see eachother again. As Griz puts it, we never say goodbye. It is See you later.

USBYGS tried to hit the back roads on the ride to FL. That was nice except for the big trucks and slow moving cars. We ran for most of the day on these roads and finally had to make the decision to hit the big roads to make time.

Two days later, flying on interstate, dodging obstacles, heat, sweat, traffic... you get the picture. We are staying on touch with the others via cell phones. We are now kickin' it at the resort .

Old 07-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #126
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

The resort is great and I gigaloed (sp)the room to an upgrade (the term and what happened will be explained later). The resort is an RCI thing so it did not cost us much.

I am gathering supplies for the bike winterization and prep for Germany. We may come down at xmas for a ride though... Off to the big mall (worlds largest outlet) for some AC and exercise (of the body and wallet). JR cigars did a little number on the later already. Gotta run.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:33 PM   #127
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,238
Just one question, Fred. WTF are you doing in here?

Send yourself a PM.
It should say, "If I don't like it, I can just quietly go away."
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:00 PM   #128
AKTroy
BE AWARE OF TRAINS

Oddometer: 2,211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
I asked a simple question.
No you implied something
You guys lacking in the sex department or something?
Thats completly irrelevent! But since you asked, I havnt seen my wife in three weeks. So yes.
When I go on a trip, the computer and cell phone are not with me and that's the way I and lots of other people like it.
And many more do take advantage of them. Cause you dont makes it wrong? Ever hear of live and let live?

And it was "Slither back under your bike" But you must have been to busy minding others business.
AKTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #129
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred
Excuse me, but I asked a simple question. You guys lacking in the sex department or something? When I go on a trip, the computer and cell phone are not with me and that's the way I and lots of other people like it.

BACK TO HELL DEMON!!!!!!!!!!!

TR
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:32 PM   #130
GRIZ
COMMANDANT

Oddometer: 1,052
Wtf Tour Social Director Back Home

GOT HOME ABOUT 11:30AM SO I GUESS THE TOUR IS OFFICIALLY OVER!? WIND WAS BLOWING AS HARD FROM THE NORTH AS I HAVE EVER RIDDEN IN COMING ACROSS SD, JEEZ! DID IT SUCK OR WHAT? GOING TO TAKE A LITTLE NAPPY NOW THO, WILL POST MORE LATER. FRED... HOW 'BOUT A NICE BIG CUP OF SHUT THE FUCK UP?

GRIZ screwed with this post 07-31-2006 at 04:05 PM
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:52 PM   #131
aterveen_1487
Black Hills BMW Stampede

Oddometer: 51
welcome back

Hey welcome back Griz, Barb from Alaskan Leather should be here on Wednesday...so you will have to come up some night for supper!
Posse #336
WWW.BLACKHILLSBMW.COM
aterveen_1487 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 05:01 AM   #132
ptero
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 528
Hey Griz,

WTF? you're home safe! Good on ya'.

Speaking of Barb, I'm guessing your sheepskin had no problem drying out in the heat after it got wet in Ohio.

Hang in, the heat's still with us.

A toast to a great trip...

Ride Hard or Stay Home
ptero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:13 PM   #133
USBYGS OP
Riding the World

Bike work tonight...

Yesterday we went to the Everglades on a boat ride, van ride, air boat ride. The Air boat is a gas! We spent some time with the 'gators, dolphins, and manatees. Educational experience. Does that mean I can write it off?

Glad everyone is getting home okay. We will get out of here on Friday. Tonight I will dump the oil and change the brake pads and fluid. Maybe the valves in the morning. New tires will be going on Thursday. Only ones I could hook up with were the Dunlops. No complaints about the last set of 'Lops excepts the lack of milage on the rear compaired to the Anakee. The front 'Lop I put on at home and now have 14000 on it. Except for the road noise from wear, it still has decent tread.

Not wanting to go home without the bike but it will have to keep until next summer. We are getting out of here before the tropical storm Chris is gonna hit (I hope). Tomorrow we will ride to South Beach in Miami. That's all I got for now. Can't wait to get the picts and vid together for a gathering. Can't wait for that first paycheck either...

Old 08-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #134
TRACTOR RIDER
No Rules Gruver

Oddometer: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptero
Hey Griz,

WTF? you're home safe! Good on ya'.

Speaking of Barb, I'm guessing your sheepskin had no problem drying out in the heat after it got wet in Ohio.

Hang in, the heat's still with us.

A toast to a great trip...
See you fuckers on SAT.

TR
TRACTOR RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 03:42 PM   #135
Fighter
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,702
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBYGS
Yesterday we went to the Everglades on a boat ride, van ride, air boat ride. The Air boat is a gas! We spent some time with the 'gators, dolphins, and manatees. Educational experience. Does that mean I can write it off?

Glad everyone is getting home okay. We will get out of here on Friday. Tonight I will dump the oil and change the brake pads and fluid. Maybe the valves in the morning. New tires will be going on Thursday. Only ones I could hook up with were the Dunlops. No complaints about the last set of 'Lops excepts the lack of milage on the rear compaired to the Anakee. The front 'Lop I put on at home and now have 14000 on it. Except for the road noise from wear, it still has decent tread.

Not wanting to go home without the bike but it will have to keep until next summer. We are getting out of here before the tropical storm Chris is gonna hit (I hope). Tomorrow we will ride to South Beach in Miami. That's all I got for now. Can't wait to get the picts and vid together for a gathering. Can't wait for that first paycheck either...

Make sure that you take some good shots of your new Piaa light(s) setup.
I'm interested.
Today is a day off from driving Miss Daisy. It's the last one I have before
the 17th. Bigger Bird is growing cobwebs and it's raining today.

Talked to Griz this morning.... rally folks are starting to gather at headquarters.
Thanks again for taking time to post your adventure.
See you when you get home. Fite
Fighter is online now   Reply With Quote