ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 08:02 PM   #181
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,298
looks like you have plenty of flotatation and grip

[please tell us the ride characteristics of this set up as opposed to your oem 21''er,,i and others are curiuos about that,,,in the old days early 70's lot's of dual sports used 19 up front running 3.50x19 tires,,,they worked great everywhere except serious single tracking....holler n thanks for the pics and business,,,woody





Thanks again Woody!!![/quote]
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:06 PM   #182
AKDuc
Alaska Born Ducatisti
 
AKDuc's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Oddometer: 6,495
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works
[please tell us the ride characteristics of this set up as opposed to your oem 21''er,,i and others are curiuos about that,,,in the old days early 70's lot's of dual sports used 19 up front running 3.50x19 tires,,,they worked great everywhere except serious single tracking....holler n thanks for the pics and business,,,woody
Good question. I'm interested too. Mark H.
AKDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:33 AM   #183
woodsrider
.........................
 
woodsrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Colorful Colorado
Oddometer: 587
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRyder
woodsrider, can you show me some pics and thoughts of the rear when you get it?
I think I will have Woody do the same for me before I head to Moab in April.
Will do....they should be working on them now, and it will probably be sometime late next week before I get them.
__________________
2008 KTM 450 XCR-W
2008 KTM 690 Enduro

1997.5 KTM 200LE Jackpiner
'75 Bultaco 250 Alpina (M137)
woodsrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #184
Toyanvil
Adventurer
 
Toyanvil's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Bakersfield CA
Oddometer: 1,603
Question for Woody

I have a 2004 Triumph Bonneville T100. The wheels have been relaced with a 5.5" wide by 17" in the rear and a 2.75 wide by 19" in the front. I am running a 170/60-17 in the rear and a 110/80-19 in the front. I can only find radial tires in the sizes I need. I can find a radial inner tube for the rear but not the front. I have been told I can use a MSR HP ultra heavy duty inner tube in the front, would this be okay?
__________________
2004 BMW 1150 GS-1993 BMW R100GSPD-2009 Yamaha TW200 1961 Sunbeam Alpine
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places Iíve been there werenít even roads!
Toyanvil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #185
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,298
why not just not seal them????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyanvil
I have a 2004 Triumph Bonneville T100. The wheels have been relaced with a 5.5" wide by 17" in the rear and a 2.75 wide by 19" in the front. I am running a 170/60-17 in the rear and a 110/80-19 in the front. I can only find radial tires in the sizes I need. I can find a radial inner tube for the rear but not the front. I have been told I can use a MSR HP ultra heavy duty inner tube in the front, would this be okay?

will check on that,,,we've used regular tubes on the race bikes,,,,powdered em real good with tire talc,,,,after deburring the ridges in the tire if they were too obnoxiously ridged...never any failure,,,will get an official word on that....

then again you can seal your wheels and go tubeless,,,the rims you have should have a safety bead on em though
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #186
Toyanvil
Adventurer
 
Toyanvil's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Bakersfield CA
Oddometer: 1,603
I will look at the rims to see if they have a safety bead on them. What would it cost to seal them? I know the front is a SUN brand and the rear is a Excel brand.

__________________
2004 BMW 1150 GS-1993 BMW R100GSPD-2009 Yamaha TW200 1961 Sunbeam Alpine
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places Iíve been there werenít even roads!
Toyanvil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 08:32 PM   #187
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,298
oboy,,,,let'see now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyanvil
I will look at the rims to see if they have a safety bead on them. What would it cost to seal them? I know the front is a SUN brand and the rear is a Excel brand.

looks like the rear may be a 4.25x17 undimpled Excel,,they have safety beads fro sure,,,can't make out the front ,,could be an undimpled sun 2.15x19 which probably doesn't have a safety bead,,,anyway it's $70 ea parts n labor

FYI,,,keep uour eye out for the spokes,,,quite a few people are breaking mostly the left outers,,,we change the lace pattern and use beefier 6-8g ss spokes,,slightly bigger nipples,,,tighter throats and different angles...it's the little details thta make the superlace last longer

__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 09:06 PM   #188
Toyanvil
Adventurer
 
Toyanvil's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Bakersfield CA
Oddometer: 1,603
Thank you for your help.
Any word on using heavy duty inner tube with a radial?
__________________
2004 BMW 1150 GS-1993 BMW R100GSPD-2009 Yamaha TW200 1961 Sunbeam Alpine
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me, I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved. Hell, some of the places Iíve been there werenít even roads!
Toyanvil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #189
jonny9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jonny9's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 189
21" front on a 1200 GS

Sorry if you have already answered this but... Here is the story. I've got cast wheels on the 05 1200 GS, I want to switch to spokes, talking to the Chris at your shop and he stated the price would be the same to remain 19 or switch to 21. Has anyone done this? Will it fit with the fork brace? What the hell am I thinking? It would be cool right? Can I run 21/17 without any other mods, besides losing the front fender?
jonny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:00 PM   #190
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,298
it's been done before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny9
Sorry if you have already answered this but... Here is the story. I've got cast wheels on the 05 1200 GS, I want to switch to spokes, talking to the Chris at your shop and he stated the price would be the same to remain 19 or switch to 21. Has anyone done this? Will it fit with the fork brace? What the hell am I thinking? It would be cool right? Can I run 21/17 without any other mods, besides losing the front fender?
on your 1200GS it's a straight forward installation,,,,build wheel,,,slip in,,,it actually clears the fender,,,'cept in muddy terrain you'd be better off without,,,some of that mud just packs up....

yellowpig and cRash are two that come to mind that swear by them in the dirt,,,come to think of it everyone that has tried 21'' loves them in the dirt,,,on the pavement,,,you can still drive with confidence,,,,but nothing like the 19 ya have on there now,,search yellowpig 21'' 1150GS ride report,,,lot'sof objective and subjective data n pics

can be done tubeless with the rims of an HP-2 or 100G/S x-lace...or 21'' standard rims like excel/sun with my MONZTER spokes
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 01-30-2007 at 06:14 PM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:27 PM   #191
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,298
a special thanks to Ricardo Kuhn

ricky suggested cleaning up my signature box,,,i followed suit..cleaner ehh???i like it ,,,it's the KISS principle in action,,muchos gracias amigo!!!,,,now if i can only figure out how to make the postem here turn out yellow like the one he sent me,,,,,
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 02-07-2007 at 08:33 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 06:52 PM   #192
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave
 
Ricardo Kuhn's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: Salt lake city, Utah
Oddometer: 12,205
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works
on your 1200GS it's a straight forward installation,,,,build wheel,,,slip in,,,it actually clears the fender,,,'cept in muddy terrain you'd be better off without,,,some of that mud just packs up....

yellowpig and cRash are two that come to mind that swear by them in the dirt,,,come to think of it everyone that has tried 21'' loves them in the dirt,,
i build CraSh's 21" a few years back (the idea came from BAFANA in Holland first about 6 years, maybe 7 years ago) and by then i have two my self, one of the best thing that you can ever do to a GS if you REALLY ride it in the Dirt if is just for looks stay away, but in the dirt they rule in every respect

anyway by now that mister Woddy is here ad can build them so fast and cheap is no excuse not to have one...

Again if is just for Posser porpuses the 19"and KTC's are much less scary on the pavement than a 21" with very little concact patch...(I take the 21" and install the 19" if i'm not going in the dirt even for a few days...


Wheels is something you can never have to many of them
__________________
I'm looking for a cheap battery for my 11GS so I can get her running again..
Ricardo Kuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 07:23 PM   #193
jonny9
Gnarly Adventurer
 
jonny9's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 189
1200 gs

I appriciate the quick info. How much clearence does that leave on the fork brace with say the TKC's on. That is where I worry about build-up.
jonny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #194
Robb
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: just west of Milwaukee WI
Oddometer: 1,028
sorry ...

The last thing this lengthy thread needs is another "Woodys is great" testimonial. Well TOO BAD, that's what this is :)

I just got my W650 wheel back - it'd been hit in the rear hard enough to bend the rim, loosen some spokes, even bend the rear axle. Woody's had my wheel for about a week, maybe less, and they repaired it for cheap. Really cheap. They also let me know when they first received it, and when they shipped it out. Quick, friendly, attentive, and a screaming bargain. Yay Woody's!
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:56 PM   #195
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last
 
woody's wheel works's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: 39*40'33.86N 104*59'54.69W
Oddometer: 3,298
thanks ,,,,and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
The last thing this lengthy thread needs is another "Woodys is great" testimonial. Well TOO BAD, that's what this is :)

I just got my W650 wheel back - it'd been hit in the rear hard enough to bend the rim, loosen some spokes, even bend the rear axle. Woody's had my wheel for about a week, maybe less, and they repaired it for cheap. Really cheap. They also let me know when they first received it, and when they shipped it out. Quick, friendly, attentive, and a screaming bargain. Yay Woody's!
too bad ya didn't send the axle,,we straighten darn near anything that's bent 'cept for mc frames these days...remember my old slogan??? ''you bend em we mend em!!!
__________________
If you have any questions... Post Em Here
..For more info check our website...
www.woodyswheelworks.com
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014