Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2008, 09:05 AM   #811
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,307
still need to know what bike you have because,,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy
My e-mail must have gotten lost. I want an 18" front superlace/supersize on a black Excel rim. I don't care about a speedo drive for the hub, something beefy that will be going on a leading link front end that is yet to be built. I'll build the front end around the front hub, big axle and big bearings with my dual discs would be nice.

With a matching 18" rear.

Can you do it?
i can build ya most anything,,,,however a starting point and destination point make my journey alot easier.......recycling your discs would be easier if i knew their size,,,bolt hole pattern,,,locating hole diameter etc,,,,

woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:25 AM   #812
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

the new SUPERLITE rear wheel is lighter,,but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by configurationspace
I put on the new WWW wheels today. The front wheel really is a lot lighter than the stock one. The rear wheel is a bit lighter but it's not as dramatic since the new rear is a larger wheel.

the weight loss gains get snubbed out a bit by not only going from the 2.5x17 oem rim to a larger stronger 2.5x18'' excel,,,,with a slightly larger rolling diameter as well as a huge increase in available dirt rubber choices,,,

but also the addition of 2 rim-locks that enhance your ability to get power to the ground over a much larger tire pressure range than the oem tubeless scenario!!!!!

there are tradeoffs,,,,in this case your'e not only having your cake and eating it too ,,,, you get eye candy and mo strength ,,,and durability,,and a sense of confidence,,,and i'm sure there's morehelp me out you superlite junkies!!!!

woody

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 05-26-2008 at 07:49 AM
Old 05-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #813
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works
i can build ya most anything,,,,however a starting point and destination point make my journey alot easier.......recycling your discs would be easier if i knew their size,,,bolt hole pattern,,,locating hole diameter etc,,,,

woody

That's why I'm here asking. If it sounds feasable then I'll get my wheels on the way and we can get things started.

Starting point is a '96 Bandit 600...the destination is 18" wheels front and rear. Don't get locked into the Bandit thing when thinking of front hubs...it doesn't matter except that the discs fit...I want a beefy hub.

larryboy screwed with this post 05-23-2008 at 03:52 PM
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:04 PM   #814
larryboy
Paint it black.

I'll paste in the e-mail I sent you the other day since I've got your attention here instead.

I'd like to do a front superlace/supersize black Excel in an 18" for a front wheel, the hub doesn't really matter since I'm building a leading link front end for it to go on. I do need to have my dual discs fit it. '96 Bandit 600 is the model. I'm not really concerned with a speedo drive for the wheel.

For the rear I'd like a black excel 18" superlace/supersize for the same Bandit.

It's a dedicated sidecar mule and it helps if the wheels are just a touch too wide for the tire to help square the tire off a little. I'd like to run 120/90 tires front and back with tubes. If I can afford it I'd like to do a matching 18" wheel for the sidecar too. I'd better see what the damage is on this first though.

Thank you for your time,

Rob

I'm pretty sure I can't afford the hack wheel right now, so scrap that idea for now.

Does that help?

Thanks.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:56 PM   #815
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

18'' wheels for 600 Bandit with sidecar

Quote:
That's why I'm here asking. If it sounds feasable then I'll get my wheels on the way and we can get things started.

Starting point is a '96 Bandit 600...the destination is 18" wheels front and rear. Don't get locked into the Bandit thing when thinking of front hubs...it doesn't matter except that the discs fit...I want a beefy hub.
several items,,,FYI,,,Avon makes some nice square sidecar tires in 18''

next i need your complete wheels ,axles ,spacers,brakes etc so i can see how we are going to go about this in the most economical,manner

i have huge selection of stuff that ican pick from or modify,,,we can sometimes just machine whats left of yours and weld the appropriate size rim to the machine spokes on your mag,,,,your slooked like it has seen better days ehhh???

a few more pics of your rear wheel wouldn't hurt either,,as wella s the sidecar wheels,,,

later

woody
Old 05-23-2008, 10:40 PM   #816
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody's wheel works
several items,,,FYI,,,Avon makes some nice square sidecar tires in 18''

next i need your complete wheels ,axles ,spacers,brakes etc so i can see how we are going to go about this in the most economical,manner

i have huge selection of stuff that ican pick from or modify,,,we can sometimes just machine whats left of yours and weld the appropriate size rim to the machine spokes on your mag,,,,your slooked like it has seen better days ehhh???

a few more pics of your rear wheel wouldn't hurt either,,as wella s the sidecar wheels,,,

later

woody
Thanks for the help, Woody.

That's cool about the Avon sidecar tires, I'll have to look into those for street use. I'm mostly going to run knobs though.

Only the rear needs to be matched to the axle and stuff.

On the front I just want a big hub with good sized bearings, an axle to match, spacers, my rotors to fit and no speedo drive. I'm junking the whole front end so I don't need the spindly front axle I have now. I want to start from scratch for the new front wheel.

I'll get a pic of the rear wheel for you. The sidecar has a trailer spindle/hub and a four bolt wheel..I'll get a pic of that too. I'm really thinking of dropping the new wheel idea for the sidecar for now..I'd have to change sidecar mounts and stuff to make things work...although a package deal and make it fit this winter wouldn't hurt either.

I'll post in the morning.

Thanks.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:55 AM   #817
Varitech
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Question Hi !

Hi every one !

Some information of V-Strom DL 650 wire wheeles tubeless, pictures, process completed project !
Varitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:59 AM   #818
MTRhead
HOLYSHIFT!!!

Oddometer: 1,086
Woody,

I am looking for a second set of "street" rims for my 07' KTM 950SER.
I would be doing 97-3 and some 2up riding so I was thinking supersized superlace 17" black Excel front and rear, Avon SM Distanzia's (120 fr - 160 rear).
I would like a straight swap out for my dirt wheels, so would need rotors and rear sprocket 45T. Could I upgrade to a 320mm front and use a spacer block for the caliper. Am I able to get anodized "KTM orange" hubs?

Looking for any info you could suggest (and pricing /delivery).
I am in TO, Ontario, Canada.

Thanks

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed
by the things you didn't do then by the ones you did do.
MT

MTRhead screwed with this post 05-26-2008 at 10:51 AM
MTRhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:02 AM   #819
larryboy
Paint it black.

Hey Woody, I looked at the rear hub..there isn't any point in a picture, it's one of those hollow light weight deals..I don't want to use it for the next wheel.

Any interest in getting me some wheels?

18" front, black Excel, supersize/superlace, hub doesn't matter except to fit my rotors and having good sized bearings.

18" rear, black Excel supersize/superlace, must fit my sprocket and rotor.

1996 Bandit 600
Old 05-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #820
Tycho
rider

Oddometer: 259
tubeless wheels

Woody -

Can you make tubeless wheels for a 2008 KTM 690 enduro?
Thanks.
Tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #821
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Any interest in getting me some wheels?

I'm thinking no...

East Coast seems excited to build me something...maybe next time, Woody.

Thanks anyways,

Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 AM   #822
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

not interested??????

Quote:
I'm thinking no...

East Coast seems excited to build me something...maybe next time, Woody.

Thanks anyways,

i didn't post 6 replies to all your questions if i was not interested

folks,,, this thread is a labor of love,,,,i also have to design/build/true the wheels for everybody too ya know

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 06-02-2008 at 07:13 PM
Old 06-02-2008, 12:42 AM   #823
Warthog
TeutonicChronic

Oddometer: 842
Cool2 Ooops. Should have ordered a 3" or 3.5" rim...

Woody,

I am installing a Dunlop Rally Raid 140/80-18 (effectively a 150) on the 2.5" rear wheel you built for me. After looking at your chart, I realize I should have ordered a wider rim. I also have a Metzler 6 Day Extreme 140/80-18...but it looks 15mm narrower.

My intention is to run at least a 140 on the HP2. It lays down too much torque, and it seems like a 130 looks way too small on the back. I'm running an Avon Gripster temporarily, and it looks tiny.

Anyway. I have the rim locks. I'll be timid at first to make sure it doesn't do anything strange. If it gets strange, I'll have to send the wheel back for a rim swap. :-( I hate to be without my wheels!

2006 HP2
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:59 AM   #824
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

HP-2 riders chime in!!! what tire sizes are you usingon back 2.50x18rim???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog
Woody,

I am installing a Dunlop Rally Raid 140/80-18 (effectively a 150) on the 2.5" rear wheel you built for me. After looking at your chart, I realize I should have ordered a wider rim. I also have a Metzler 6 Day Extreme 140/80-18...but it looks 15mm narrower.

My intention is to run at least a 140 on the HP2. It lays down too much torque, and it seems like a 130 looks way too small on the back. I'm running an Avon Gripster temporarily, and it looks tiny.

Anyway. I have the rim locks. I'll be timid at first to make sure it doesn't do anything strange. If it gets strange, I'll have to send the wheel back for a rim swap. :-( I hate to be without my wheels!
warthog,,,ya got me,,,,i buildt these wheels based on what kirsi and the troops are running,,,in the megamx classes,,,,i know that the rim widths are on the narrow side to keep em from getting dents,,,,now what tires they are mounting on them ,,,will check into it

perhaps you can raise this question in the gs/hp-2 section of the forum,,,i'm not allowed in there these days

woody
Old 06-02-2008, 07:20 AM   #825
Mav
Something witty...

Oddometer: 3,682
Sorry for being lazy and not searching...

...but do/should I need to make any mods to my HP2 if running one of your 18" rears? I'm hoping to run rally raid or Desert tires.

Also, what is the wait like to get one and price, inc shipping to the UK? I would like to get a front as well... but I expect te bank manager won't be as keen

Thanks for your help!

-------------------------
All the gear.. no idea!
Mav is offline   Reply With Quote