Originally Posted by edwyun
New:
What a sweet, sweet paintjob!
gore-tx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:13 PM   #47
ikonoklass
Kountersteering Krew

Oddometer: 2,601
Any problems with vibration? MCN tested two units and said they vibrated badly. I thought, what a shame considering what a beaut it is.
ikonoklass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 01:21 PM   #48
motorradfahrer
leichtmetallpferdereiter

Oddometer: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikonoklass
Any problems with vibration? MCN tested two units and said they vibrated badly. I thought, what a shame considering what a beaut it is.
I didn't notice anything major in terms of vibration. But then I'm used to an old bike, not a sewing machine.
motorradfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:20 AM   #49
a_road_less_traveled
Digital Traveler

Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwyun
New:
Ducati should have made this a factory color for the new GT!!
a_road_less_traveled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:29 PM   #50
larrybiker1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
GT 1000 Impressions

Hey guys after obssessive compulsive searching, riding, reading, and any other crazy thing 15 motorcycles later it certainly wont be my last but I purchased the GT 1000!! Rode the Multi no thx felt kinda funky. Rode the Bmrs vanilla flavored, boring no thanx. KTM 950 SM, "Yeah baby", but it is a little less civilized at 45 years old than what I was looking for!. GT 1000 Yeah vibes under 2500 rpm so what gives the thing character. Old school styling with modern technology. Yes it needs Ohlins so what?? What new bike comes suspension ready w/out spending big $$$$$ 700 for new shocks and the perfect bike???? Thank you Ducati for bringin a real motorcycle to the consumer. I have many smiles ridin this and thats what it is all about. I love my bike and that is after 3 Ducatis, 3 Harleys, 2 crotch rockets, and a Yamaha full dresser!!!! Im not sayin this is the perfect bike but WOW!!!

larrybiker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #51
larrybiker1
Adventurer

Ducati GT1000 Owners viewpoint!!!

Guys I am interested in starting a DUCATI GT 1000 Forum. Let me expand; I am 44 years old and have had somewhere between 30-35 dirt/street bikes in my life. First of all there is no such thing as the holy grail!!! THREE HARLEYS, THREE DUCATIS, and god knows how many crotch rockets and full dressers later, I think I found my home with Ducati in the GT 1000. Like I said I am ole school and this is the first motorcycle in twenty years that looks like a motorcycle and performs like a sportbike ( with exceptions) !! I bought the Duc after thinkin bout the R1200r, KTM 950SM, and BMW GS. Bottom line I couldnt get past the looks of the others and quite frankly the KTM was a Mike Tyson punch when I was looking for a gentleman street bike that comes when you call. I have a 36 inch inseam and the Duc fits Yossef from CYCLE TRADER ONLINE and after writing him with correspondence I bought one. I have put the comfort bars from DUCATI/PRO-ITALIA on and did the transfer myself. I will have my buddy Carlos in Tucson straighten out the seat cause like all DUCS they want you to lean forward!! I believe a motorcycle is an investment in happiness and if you cant get drunk and look at it then you have the wrong machine. Talk about the esoteric bullshit numbers and the cheaper maintenance costs, I will pay 275 dollars for the 600 mile service and then I will learn to adjust the valves myself and do the 7500 mile service alone!!! Bme geeks have fun falling over in the dirt with your 500 pound GS and your coffee meetings!!!! I am getting the seat redone and have the Termignonis with the lil windscreen on order. Anyone interested please let me know I will post pics soon!!!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #52
larrybiker1
Adventurer

pics

Trying to post pics five total. When they come thru the only mods are the pro italia comfort bars and I added an additional 3/4 inch spacer from a local bearing company with longer 12 mm allen screws to make it comfortable. The seat was leveled out by classic touch in Tucson which effectively made it taller which helps because of my 36 inch inseam. The smaller front sprocket (14 tooth I believe was installed) at the 800 mile service. The grips and windscreen are from customsportclassics.com. Mike owns that company and he has real neat stuff for these ducs. This bike cruises at 95 m.p.h. all day long at 5500 r.p.m. I love this bike. After 10 street bikes I think I found the one for me!! HARLEY GUYS LOVE IT. UJM GUYS LOVE IT! Older guys at the stores always stop me and conversate. Bmr guys smile and dont say much. Maybe they wonder if they made the right choice. !!!
Old 12-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #53
NakedRider
NakedRider

Oddometer: 664
I just noticed the hand strap on the two pics above. Looks like the passenger would have to sit on the strap. Doesn't look like it would do much good (not that many people use them anyway).

What a great looking bike. I'm afraid to go sit on one since I'm a compulsive buyer and I don't really want to shell out the money for a new bike right now. If I did, this would be on my short list and I agree - it looks like a motorcycle!
Old 12-23-2006, 06:17 PM   #54
Motociclista
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 14,012

This is as good as it gets ...
Old 12-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #55
larrybiker1
Adventurer

pic 1 of 5

hopefully this comes thru I tried earlier to no avail!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #56
larrybiker1
Adventurer

pic 2 of 5

Hopefully this comes thru and everyone likes!!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 08:18 PM   #57
larrybiker1
Adventurer

pic 3 of 5

Lets try again hope you enjoy!!
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 08:20 PM   #58
larrybiker1
Adventurer

pic 4 of 5

Here we go again Bmr lovers eat your heart out!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2006, 08:22 PM   #59
larrybiker1
Adventurer

pic 5 of 5

Last pic wannabes get your own and join the fun. I cant ride w/out giggling out loud each time!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2006, 05:50 AM   #60
Motociclista
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 14,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketJohn
Your Multistrada has same engine, no?
Yessir. Put a 14 tooth sproket on that baby and that and it becomes a pulling tractor from 3000