ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
emti OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Question v strom rectifier

I just finished replacing the stator on my 08 dl650 with 46 k miles. The connectors for the rectifier are sandwiched between the frame and lower airbox and not accessible unless you remove the tank and airbox, and then just barely. Any reason I cant flip the rectifier over so the wiring is on the bottom? the leads are long enough and that would enable one to do the work without removing the tank as the leads would be below the frame rail. I don't have picture ability sorry. emti
emti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:30 AM   #2
PeterW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,746
Quote:
Originally Posted by emti View Post
I just finished replacing the stator on my 08 dl650 with 46 k miles. The connectors for the rectifier are sandwiched between the frame and lower airbox and not accessible unless you remove the tank and airbox, and then just barely. Any reason I cant flip the rectifier over so the wiring is on the bottom? the leads are long enough and that would enable one to do the work without removing the tank as the leads would be below the frame rail. I don't have picture ability sorry. emti
That'll work BUT, slip cable ties across the length of the connectors so they can't shake apart. (Burns the connectors out if they do) and tie them down so they can't chafe against anything.

Pete
PeterW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:42 PM   #3
emti OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Thanks for the reply. Ill do that. emti
emti is offline   Reply With Quote