Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #856
climberevan
planning the next journey

Oddometer: 300
Just got a new place in Carson City, NV.

We have a big lot with virtually unlimited space. I have a good tool setup including TIG welding capabilities. Rescue is a possibility as well. The KTM shop is about 1/2 mile away, and Lake Tahoe is 20 miles away.

Contact via email: climberevan at gmail.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #857
Rochesterue
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Syracuse NY

Tent space available in Syracuse NY. Depending on the day (roommate presence) may also be able to offer up couch/floor space, and/or college outing club party. Have limited tools, cold beer in the fridge. And of course, I have a shower, kitchen and such.

Disregard if reading after May 2015
Rochesterue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #858
mike oxbig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
near woodstock ontario

plenty of tent space and covered shelter if needed.. email me.. danmatheson@xplornet.com.. or text 5193190175

mike oxbig screwed with this post 02-11-2014 at 01:39 PM
mike oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:41 PM   #859
Motosport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Denmark - 45 min from Copenhagen.

I will happily welcome all bike travelers at my house.. There's a lawn to pitch your tent and a room with comfy beds if that sounds better, hot shower, wifi, garage with tools and help with fixing anything..

A hot dinner and cold beers are included if you tell me a great story about your trip..!!

Exact location is Stenlille, just north of Soroe and 10 min from highway E45.

Please contact me a day or two in advance, as I'm sometimes away with work for a few days..

Best regards - Alex
Old 02-12-2014, 11:49 AM   #860
amanlikemike
Recoverin speedfreak

Oddometer: 919
Holla from NOLA

Cozy spare room with queen bed, own shower room, separate entrance (if needed) and laundry in a classic New Orleans shotgun shack. Friendly, laid-back neighborhood, five minutes walk from the French Quarter. Tons o' tools, fancy coffee machine, fridge generally full of beer and the missus is a fantastic cook who loves to travel by bike, enjoys watching racing on TV and even listening to tall tales of derring-do from faraway lands.

No garage, but on-street parking is safe, or there's my buddy's workshop / treasure trove of cool motorcycle shit (where I stash and work on my ride) a few blocks away. Also good friends with the owners of the local Ducati / Triumph dealership and some top mechanics / fabricators for rescue / parts / servicing you might not be arsed to do yourself.

Already had a few Inmates on their travels randomly stop by and every time has been a pleasure.

Oh, yeah... and there's also quite a bit of bike luggage to try out too!

Three-day rule.

Don't be a dick.

Mi casa es su casa.

Cheers,

Michael

BritKit LLC
US Distributor of Kriega Motorcycle Luggage
www.kriega.us / Facebook / vendors thread

amanlikemike screwed with this post 02-12-2014 at 12:04 PM
amanlikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:09 AM   #861
The_Precious_Juice
Two pump chump

Oddometer: 1,253
Roanoke City, VA

In a safe suburbia location.

Tent space available in back yard.
Warm basement to sleep in if weather is bad.

Very little tools, no garage.
Bath room to hygiene.
Washer machine.
WiFi
I know a good garage. Fair prices
BMW dealer in town. Triumph. KTM and team Japan here too.

Will also test mental prowess to distant tourist. So must have :
Can show some good roads and forest roads north of town to W. VA

______

Will leave on next tour 22 SEP 2014. Will be back in late Oct. or so

The_Precious_Juice screwed with this post 08-26-2014 at 07:59 PM Reason: Updated next trip plan
The_Precious_Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:37 AM   #862
TRAVR6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
I just noticed there was no one in Louisville, KY so I will be that guy.

It's a bachelor pad for the most part. Not much partying and pretty quiet but it's definitely not the Ritz. 3 guys and 2 dogs live here so it isn't always the best kept home on the block.
Plenty of tent space with a fire pit in the backyard as long as you don't mind the mine field of Doberman poop. She is a gentle giant though.

I have a full garage with a motorcycle lift and plenty of tools.
I usually rebuilt a motorcycle every year for fun.

Take a shower, wash your clothes, etc....
Put your bike in the garage whle you sleep.

Louisville, KY is pretty much a drive through a state so unless you are coming for the few weeks of Derby events I doubt many will be stopping here.
Not really a lot to do here.

travr6@yahoo.com

or text
502 550 6017
TRAVR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:20 PM   #863
goldham
Super Geek

Oddometer: 19
Bakersfield, CA

I've got two spare bedrooms, a spare bathroom, pool, fire pit, space for 4-5 tents, decent amount of tools although nothing specific to a certain bike/brand, a bike stand, and a mig welder.

Located about an 1.25 hours north of LA, right up the I5.

I can rescue within 1.5 hours on weeknights and weekends.

graysenoldham (yahoo.com)
Old 02-18-2014, 11:20 AM   #864
DJFlowe
Ginger

Oddometer: 222
Apex, NC

I'm in Apex, NC (just south of Raleigh & Durham), near the intersection of US 1 & NC 55.

I have tent space in the yard and a spare bedroom if the wife approves of you. I also have a well-equipped garage - lift, tire changer, air tools and any hand tools you need. Wifi, hot shower, good food and cold beer, and a 16 month old son that doubles as a stand-up comedian.

Easiest way to contact me is PM. Give me at least a few hours notice, but a couple days would be best.
DJFlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #865
DMCaton
Adventurer

Oddometer: 17
Bethalto, IL

Figured I would offer up my place for anyone passing through the St. Louis area. Bethalto is about 35 minutes northeast of downtown St. Louis. I am located just off of the Hwy 140 exit of I255.

Garage space, basic tools, couch/spare mattress, hot shower, fenced in backyard if camping is your thing, and of course free beer!

Easiest way to contact me is at dmcaton@hotmail.com

-Dana
DMCaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:32 PM   #866
Matt-tastic
Adventurer

Oddometer: 42
Mwc ok

Tent space in MIdwest City, OK. Suburb of OKC. Deck for tent if we're not around, if we're here, garage with tools, bedroom (May or May not have a bed in it at any time, lol), wifi either way. Pm for directions etc... Near tinker AFB.

Matt-tastic screwed with this post 07-20-2014 at 02:20 PM
Matt-tastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #867
eightup
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
I got a spot in Elkins, AR. I have a couple spare bedrooms, a garage, and a backyard if you prefer to sleep in your tent.

Basic hand tools and metal working tools. I have access to more if you let me know in advance what you need.

PM me on here or email me at jw_fritts@hotmail.com
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #868
Aventeren
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Spare Room, Garage, Tools, Bellingham, WA

Howdy--

My wife and I finally have settled back down after a crazy 2 years. She traveled to 4 states with her grad school rotations, and I bought an old BMW GSA and rode it to freaking Ushuaia. She flew down to Belize for Christmas, and we got pregnant. So she walked across the graduation platform 8 months pregnant, and our little man came about a month later. So there are 2 big people here, 1 little person and 1 12 year old black lab named Ed.

In any event, we have a spare room that we'd love for you to stay in if you need a place to crash for a day or so. No long term stays. We've had a few ADVers stay at our place in Boise before we broke camp, and each experience has been great.

I have a bike trailer you can use, plus you can use my car if you need it for any reason. We have a rad park across the street, and we are close to grocery, the interstate, Lake Whatcom, downtown, blah, blah, blah.

PM me and we'll see if we have anything planned for your arrival.

All best,

Aventeren
Aventeren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:23 PM   #869
Capt_phun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Everett, MA 42.418583, -71.049418

If you need to visit Boston area, I'm in Everett, MA, zip O2149. Close to Logan Airport for fly & buys.
Spare bedroom, tons of floor space inside. 2 car garage with multitude of tools, harbor freight tire changer & tools, small air compressor. I do 95% of my own bike work so most tools should be available. Hoping to get a small welder soon. Have a torch, jacks, can set up rigging in the garage rafters, etc.
Being stuck in the concrete jungle, no real camping on my lot unless you like to sleep in the garage or on pavement. Plenty of room & beers in the house usually.
House is kid & pet free.

I also have a pickup that can haul a medium sized bike if you break down & need a lift.

Send a PM for contact info :freak
Capt_phun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #870
DYNOBOB
lucky dog

Oddometer: 844
Lebanon, OH 45036

- Plenty of room for you to put up a tent (farm).
- Couch in the garage mancave if it's raining.
- Tools/lift/tire changing stuff.
- Truck/trailer if you're broken down/need lift to dealer.
- 1 mile from 24hr Walmart/24hr Kroger/fast food.
- Two big (friendly) dogs/two cats will keep you safe

If you want to ride across some hayfields and down into the woods you can camp in private on the "back 40". Big firepit, plenty of wood, chairs, and tables.

Shoot me a PM thru ADV and I'll send you my contact info.

EDIT: 5/28/14

We had our first Tentspace visitor over Memorial Day weekend. 20yr old Brian (bbonds_007) from PA was on the return leg of a seven week/6000mi trip to the West Coast on his Ninja 250. He wanted to spend a day at the Air Force Museum in Dayton so he spent Sunday/Monday night with us. Quite a trip, he had visited the Air Force boneyard, a Shuttle display, Deals Gap, the Million Dollar Hwy, Yellowstone, and the PCH. He departed heading for the Henry Ford Museum. Quite a treat to meet you Brian! More info about his trip here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=966822

EDIT: 7/18/14

Had the pleasure to host Dean (Deanman) for a couple nights as he makes his way from Seattle to the East Coast on his DR650. He will then head for Tellico Plains, TN and start the TAT to return home, completing his coast-to-coast adventure. Read about it here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=989305

Safe Travels Dean!

DYNOBOB screwed with this post 07-18-2014 at 07:10 AM
DYNOBOB is offline   Reply With Quote