User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2006, 06:55 AM   #1
Dirk@Wilbers OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Wilbers Suspension Systems in USA

Good day to everybody. I hope you all had a great Independence day!

My name is Dirk and I'm working as a translator for the Wilbers Racing Suspension Company in Germany. The reason I'm writing to you here is that I would like to promote our products which are scarcely known so far in the USA.

In Germany, the name Wilbers is quite famous as a brand name in terms of custom made suspension technology and we are even compared to Oehlins in questions of performance and quality. Of course, this is as much the result of our constandly increasing development quality, the fact that Wilbers is on the German market for more that 20 years and because of our recent sucesses with our Wilbers racing team in the German IDM Superbike class. Here, our rider, Christian Kellner is on the secondposition right now.

The big advantage of our shocks is that they are custom made to especially meet your requirements, meaning preload, rebound and even compression might be adjusted to match your weight and riding style and that features as ride height adjustment or hyraulich preload adjustments are our specialities. On all Wilbers products we grant 5 years guarantee and our delivery time should not exceed 14 work-days and only costs 25 US $ to everywhere in the USA.

If you are a little curious right now, visit our webpage and check out our prices.

As I am not a registered advertising member of this forum I do not exactly know if this post will be looked at as illegal advertising, nonetheless I had to give it a try.

If some of you are interested in new shock absorbers for your bikes, maybe you should consider taking a look at our website: www.wilbers.de/usa

I would also like to suggest a GROUP-BUY if there are enough people interested in that. For the group buy, we would be able to offer 10 % discount on each one's total purchase in the group buy.
However, I do not only want to sell you something, but to offer some aid if you have questions about your bikes suspension or about our products and company.
For questions, always feel free to ask under: kontaktusa@wilbers.de

Take care & ride safe!
Dirk
Dirk@Wilbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #2
ndmiller
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Talking Wilbers 1200GS

I purchased Wilbers for my 1200GS (previous group buy) and have been blown away by what a different handling bike it become after the install.

Handling before was very good after I learned to live with the harshness of the front shock. Now I don't have to wince approaching railroad tracks anymore....

I purchased regular front with rear remote preload and cannot wait for my upcoming trip to VT for a real test luggage and all.

Noah
ndmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:49 AM   #3
Dirk@Wilbers OP
Adventurer

Group buy

@ndmiller: Thank you for your support. I'm happy that you are satisfied with your suspension. Take care!

@all: Up to now we have two people in the group buy or severely interested in it (Frank & Bryan). Let us say we will wait another 10 days for more incoming orders. So the deadline for the group-buy will be the 17th of July, ok? If you have any questions, contact me under: kontaktusa@wilbers.de

@Frank & Bryan: Mr. Wilbers assured me that you are a (small) group and that we will keep the discount of 10 % even if there won't be any more orders incoming. Please note that the deadline for the group buy will be the 17th so that your orders won't be processed before this date. I did write e-mails to both of you.

Have a great weekend

Dirk
Old 07-07-2006, 06:31 AM   #4
JohnTM
I suck toes

Oddometer: 29,206
Hiya, Dirk! You're doing just fine. Right place too. Better than most noobs!

Just want to let you know that the custom shocks y'all made for my R50/2 turned out beautifully. I even left the stickers on 'em for the Cycle World Rolling Concourse.

I get a kickback now, don't I?

John Menefee
JohnTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:26 AM   #5
Dirk@Wilbers OP
Adventurer

@John. Well John, the reason that you wanted a new suspension was to get rid of kickbacks & headshaking, wasn' t it?
But I thank you nonetheless for your nice words and your support. If you are interested in anything (hydraulic preload adjustment, new fork springs or another sticker ,contact me!)
Until then, have a great weekend!

Greatings,
Dirk
Old 07-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #6
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,667
Do you need a product tester? I'll put em through their paces.

Email sent, let's see how you compare to Ohlins.

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:59 AM   #7
MysteryRider
Laughing at danger

Oddometer: 898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk@Wilbers
@ndmiller: Thank you for your support. I'm happy that you are satisfied with your suspension. Take care!

@all: Up to now we have two people in the group buy or severely interested in it (Frank & Bryan). Let us say we will wait another 10 days for more incoming orders. So the deadline for the group-buy will be the 17th of July, ok? If you have any questions, contact me under: kontaktusa@wilbers.de

@Frank & Bryan: Mr. Wilbers assured me that you are a (small) group and that we will keep the discount of 10 % even if there won't be any more orders incoming. Please note that the deadline for the group buy will be the 17th so that your orders won't be processed before this date. I did write e-mails to both of you.

Have a great weekend

Dirk
Dirk,
Got your e-mail. I can wait a while. No problem.
What is your phone number?

Ride Safe,
Vettster
MysteryRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 09:20 AM   #8
Dirk@Wilbers OP
Adventurer

I had hoped that you would wait until the 17th...

My phone number: 0049 (for Germany) 5921-7271720

Please beware the different time zone . Here in Germany it is now 5.20 p.m., meaning I'm off duty in arount 10 minutes ...

If you would like to call me, or want me to call you, write me an e-mail and tell me what time will suit you best! If there is anything very important we might of course always find an arrangemant, even on off-duty times!

So, for today I'm finished... Thanks alot to everyone, I think this group buy starts off quite well. I'll be back on monday!

Again, enjoy your weekend!
Old 07-07-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
bsquared
Big Pimpin

Oddometer: 2,283
information

Attention prospective purchasers: contact Klaus Huenecken at Wilbers USA before you pull the trigger on this deal, he may have some interesting info for you. His number is (732) 786-9777.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:36 PM   #10
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Why so cryptic??? If you know something spill it.

What is the deal???? Is it legit or not?

Old 07-07-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
bsquared
Big Pimpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverino
Why so cryptic??? If you know something spill it.

What is the deal???? Is it legit or not?
The reason is that I don't want to step on any toes but also feel folks should be informed as to the situation, Just call the number and talk to Klaus.
Klaus also said that he will be posting in the near future, maybe tonight.
No scam to my knowledge.

bsquared screwed with this post 07-07-2006 at 02:26 PM
bsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:21 PM   #12
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Is Wilbers taking away his market or is this a scam of some sort?

Old 07-07-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
SQD8R
Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer: 7,367
Aren't you stepping on toes by posting cryptic posts which will, not may, will put doubt into purchasers minds?
Married men don't live longer, it just seems longer.
Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.
SQD8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #14
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQD8R
Aren't you stepping on toes by posting cryptic posts which will, not may, will put doubt into purchasers minds?

Makes me want to stick with Ohlins.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #15
bsquared
Big Pimpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQD8R
If you would rather I not say anything then just disregard my post, Klaus said something that made me decide to pass on this deal, I thought others might be interested, if you can't afford to make a phone call and hear about it yourself then you can't afford the shocks and so the point is moot. If Klaus wants to publicly post what he told me then that is his business AND NOT MINE. Klaus told me he would be posting something here soon so please have more patience than a three year old and wait.... or call.