User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2006, 03:21 PM   #16
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Oddometer: 36,548
Name calling is productive.

Thanks for you valuable information, in the future if you can't be a man and defend your statements, keep them to yourself.

Steve

Steverino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
dfc
Reluctant Cannonball

Oddometer: 2,737
Klaus rocks!

I dont know whats goin on, but Klaus got me my shock in about a week from Germany in time for a trip. Klaus is my good good friend now.

Klaus.....

say it.......

it rolls off the tongue......

Klaus......Klaus.......Klaus.......

Seriously, great to deal with him
Old 07-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #18
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

Don't know Klaus from Adam and frankly have no reason to question him, just trying to get someone to explain and defend a statement they made. Apparently that is a problem for some.

Old 07-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #19
Ken Fritz
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,001
I got mine from Klaus exactly as he promised on a group buy earlier this year. They work great and he came though as promised, so what else does one need to know? If you're not in the market for shocks, Steverino, what do you care about this anyway?
Ken Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #20
dfc
Reluctant Cannonball

Oddometer: 2,737
Do you know Dirk?

As someone who is shamelessly hoping to pad his post count......

I only responded because I thought it strange that the original post didnt mention Klaus and this Page:

http://wilbersusa.com/wilbers/index.htm

Which is where I ordered my Shock from. It works great by the way.

Dirks was:http://www.wilbers.de/usa/
Old 07-07-2006, 03:37 PM   #21
Steverino
Arrogant Horse's Ass #1

I am in the market for shocks. What makes you think I am not?

Since I am in the market and was considering Wilbers why would I not want more information after the initial post about some dubious activity by the original poster of this thread?

Old 07-07-2006, 05:22 PM   #22
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,244
Looks like Klaus needs to talk to Dirk and Dirk should be talking to Klaus,,,,Is Dirk TRYING TO f&*K Klaus? Is Klaus trying to f*^K Dirk? Are the Germans trying to &*%k the Japs? Are the Chinese trying to @#$k everyone? Is there an opportunity for a 3some with the Dutch? Will Andrew and Ricky become involved in this before it is over?
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:23 PM   #23
brewer90
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 566
I don't know Dirk but I ordered my Wilbers from Klaus about 3 weeks ago and it's on the UPS truck headed to me now.

Good luck with Ohlins. I was waiting on one from Sweden for over 12 weeks and they still couldn't give me an estimated ship date so I cancelled the order and went with Wilbers.
brewer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 07:30 PM   #24
JJMSP
Cervicalgia

Oddometer: 1,543
Laugh K l a u s

Ok, I'll say it !

Klaus.....

it sure does roll off the tongue......

Klaus......Klaus.......Klaus.......

I have a wonderful re-memory of the day that box arrived from Germany. The hubbie could not wait till I got home from work to show me the box with the, shall we say babe on it.

That might explain the way he says K L A U S ...

Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go. ~ T.S. Elliot

Save $5 when you join smugmug! use code yvtwmtzwtnSZA
JJMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 08:05 PM   #25
SQD8R
Eat squids and be merry

Oddometer: 7,357
Question Why the big mystery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquared
If you would rather I not say anything then just disregard my post, Klaus said something that made me decide to pass on this deal, I thought others might be interested, if you can't afford to make a phone call and hear about it yourself then you can't afford the shocks and so the point is moot. If Klaus wants to publicly post what he told me then that is his business AND NOT MINE. Klaus told me he would be posting something here soon so please have more patience than a three year old and wait.... or call.
My financial status aside lets keep the point of interest clear. If you can't afford to share the full story then don't post these little teasers implying impropriety on the part of this vendor. By posting anything hinting at some level of impropriety on the part of this vendor you've made it your business and any responsible person would come clean with the goods and stop this pussy-footing around. Have you been sworn to a vow of secrecy? If so you've already blown it by mentioning anything here. Full disclosure or nothing please otherwise you're just screwing with someone elses livlihood. I mean if your points are valid and accurate why are you afraid to post up? Last I heard I didn't think a legal battle could be waged on an internet forum. The damage is done, you've already tainted the thread so why not come clean and let us in on the big secret?
Married men don't live longer, it just seems longer.
Sour grapes are a lesser man's fruit.
SQD8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 12:42 AM   #26
rjdills
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 381
I will be giving Klaus a call; I'm just wonder what's up.

I thought it was strange to see the Wilbers post without Klaus' name invloved. My Wilbers were sourced through Klaus by Ted Poter at the Beemer Shop in Scotts Valley, CA. Great product and great service by all involved.

I understood Klaus was the exclusive source of Wilbers in the US market, and has been for a long time. He is based in New Jersey.

I have no idea about the reluctance to spill the beans, etc. etc., but I often refer people to Wilbers through Klaus and Ted, so I want to know the story.

For those interested in the comparsion of Wilbers and Ohlins, Ted is a great source. He does a good explaing the reasons to choose one or the other, without a personal bias. Both are excellent products, but I'm extremely happy with the informed choice I made.
1977 Triumph Bonnevile 750 (Bonnie)
1977 Yamaha 500TT (Tata)
2001 Beta ALP 200 (Betty)
2004 BMW 1150 GS (Sally)
2007 KTM 450 EXC (Rikki)
2008 Kawasaki KLR 650 (Karen)
2008 Beta 250 LongRide Trial (Bella)
2008 Polaris Razr (Rachel)
2009 BMW 1200 GS (Bailey)
2009 Honda CRF 230 R (Heather)
rjdills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 06:03 AM   #27
westnash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,244
Maybe we can get a direct answer from Dirk or Klaus!
westnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:08 PM   #28
kixtand
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,141
Klaus

Friends--

First, let me clearly state that I have no dog in this fight, and no personal attachments to anyone involved excepting that I bought my shocks thru Klaus and have dealt w/ him on warranty/service issues, and I will rely on Klaus for any service/warranty issues, should they arise, in the future.

I spoke to Klaus and was actually the first to talk to him/ask him about the post by Dirk; Klaus was unaware at the time. I also, by chance, saw that Dirk has posted on a forum at BMWmotorcycles.com starting back in May w/ the same type of info, excepting I did not see any offer of a group buy, WHICH, BY THE WAY, KLAUS HAS DONE IN THE PAST.

I also looked into the pricing a bit, and from what I could tell in quickly looking I don't see a big difference; maybe $100 or so for the pair, but that does NOT factor in any customs charges, which could amount to much more than the $100.

I don't know what is going on here behind the scenes, but I sincerely hope this is simply a misunderstanding of some sort. I don't know Dirk myself, but I do know Klaus, and I can personally attest to his credibility. I can also tell you that were it not for Klaus' US presence, I would not have bought Wilbers in the first place, and if something happens and Klaus is no longer involved, I will NOT be recommending Wilbers to anyone any longer and will be hoping and praying that nothing happens to my shocks requiring service or warranty.

This would also be my fear if I were to buy the shocks directly from Germany, as that is where I would expect my service to come from. While I would hope that there would be no issues w/ the level of service provided, just having to send the shocks to Germany alone would deter me.

Just my thoughts and experiences--

kix

it makes everything better.
kixtand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #29
jdiaz

Oddometer: 32,033
There usually aren't any customs charges on this sort of purchase. VAT isn't charged on US customers....I never paid it on Ohlins I got in the UK, nor any BMW mc parts I've ordered from Motobins.

I emailed Dirk about a shock and got an answer in one hour. I'm also curious about the relationship between Dirk and Klaus.....it seems fairly impossible that Dirk would not know about having a US sales presence.

Jon
jdiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #30
bsquared
Big Pimpin

Oddometer: 2,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by kixtand
I also looked into the pricing a bit, and from what I could tell in quickly looking I don't see a big difference; maybe $100 or so for the pair, but that does NOT factor in any customs charges, which could amount to much more than the $100.
This would also be my fear if I were to buy the shocks directly from Germany, as that is where I would expect my service to come from. While I would hope that there would be no issues w/ the level of service provided, just having to send the shocks to Germany alone would deter me.
kix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiaz
There usually aren't any customs charges on this sort of purchase. VAT isn't charged on US customers....I never paid it on Ohlins I got in the UK, nor any BMW mc parts I've ordered from Motobins.
Jon
Are you sure VAT isn't charged for any servicing or maintenance you would need to SEND YOUR SHOCKS BACK TO GERMANY FOR?????