Bravo Rah! Couldnt have said it any better
"lovely bike that comes with a free change of attitude, for the better"
Surfn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:15 AM   #32
tohubohu
n00b

Oddometer: 5
I had a 640 adv an d tried the tw200...
Finally sold the KTM and kept the Yamaha, an amazing machine. And looking for the second one
tohubohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:30 AM   #33
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,385
I got a KTM and TW as well - but the 640e not an ADV. I feel ya - I have put 2x as many miles on the TW in the past year than the KTM. Much better around town than the big dirt bike. The TW is so simple, jump on it and go, keeps up with traffic, has a bigger bike feel/look and great storage with the crate ont he back rack. Most think it's one of those new supermotos? I guess cause the big tires and dirt bike look? It lets me use the KTM as pretty much a pure dirt bike - haul and ride. Have a camp out this weekend at the Scrub in Ocala with the Fleas (see upcoming) and will bring the TW. It will be the 1st time I have had it in deep sand. Not planning on any hard core stuff just a camp bike and with the TW the wife can enjoy the forest some on 2 wheels.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #34
WERA456
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 204
Road use

How does it do on the road? I used to ride a sport bike but soon learned that they are nothing but trouble on the street. So I got a GS650. I love it in the twisties. Sits straight up and down and I can lean the thing way over. I can keep up with most sportbike riders in the curves. I want to get my wife something she can learn to ride on and the TW has sparked my interest. Since she and I will do mostly street riding, I want something that drives well on the street. Any comments on how it does in the twisties. I saw earlier on this thread where someone took it to Deals Gap. How did it do?
WERA456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #35
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-tx
I am thinking about buying a TW200 and customize it. I know it is somewhat of a cult bike in Japan and that lots of accessories are available. Anyone has customized theirs in the US? How do you guys like your bike? Some info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
The pic I attached is just one example of what I am looking for.
hey, this is a bike for a lot of reason, maybe speed is not one, but other than that is all good. I once started a tread and ask, WHY WOULD ANYBODY BUY THIS BIKE? and a lot of people answer, here is the link http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308724

Also, there is Turbo city with great customer attention, and you can buy racks and stuff for the TW so you can make it more of an ADV bike.
http://www.turbocity.com/default.php?cPath=69_88

if not then built your own and you will love it even more!!! I want one!!!

Damasovi
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #36
Streamin' E
Half-assed adventurer

Oddometer: 1,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERA456
How does it do on the road? I used to ride a sport bike but soon learned that they are nothing but trouble on the street. So I got a GS650. I love it in the twisties. Sits straight up and down and I can lean the thing way over. I can keep up with most sportbike riders in the curves. I want to get my wife something she can learn to ride on and the TW has sparked my interest. Since she and I will do mostly street riding, I want something that drives well on the street. Any comments on how it does in the twisties. I saw earlier on this thread where someone took it to Deals Gap. How did it do?
It's absolutely fine on the road; just don't be in too big a hurry.
Freedom is not simply the right of intellectuals to circulate their merchandise. It is, above all, the right of ordinary people to find elbow room for themselves and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of their “betters.”- Tom Sowell
Streamin' E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #37
Frostbit
Is it cold in here?

Oddometer: 1,043
I'm going to take mine out tomorrow and see how it does on a frozen lake. Poked over 400 ice screws into the tires and now just waiting for the sun to come up.

Check out WWW.RideDualSport.com forum.
Frostbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #38
Treebone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 60
I measured 2.5 inches. Laid the tape on top of the turnsignal stalk, and under the tree bolt.

Whatcha cookin?
Treebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:19 PM   #39
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
Hey we are having a rafel for baldy

its a honda xr650l front and rear rack here is the link

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697526

if you know anybody with a Honda XR650L let them know ok, mike
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:03 AM   #40
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
air filter part number

Anyone have the OEM air filter part number for the TW?.
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #41
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Disregard.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #42
Razorback Rider
Dyin' to Ride

Oddometer: 301
any of you guys know where i can get a seat for a 98 and a carb intake for my newly acquired TW?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 PM   #43
GISdood
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
There's a group buy going on over on the TW200 forums for Seat Concepts pads and covers... if you already have a seat pan, I'd highly recommend it. I have a Seat Concepts pad/cover on my DR650 and my wife's DR-Z400SM.

http://tw200forum.com/index.php?/top...better-seat-2/
GISdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #44
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
after doing 40,000 miles on a 950 a TeeDub 200 came into my clutches. loved it so much i bought a 2nd one. yeah, a 250 this or a 450 that is better at doing most things if you want to do them faster. but a 200 is going back to basics. calm. cheap. chilled. brilliant. on the highway you move over to the slow lane and stop worrying about buffeting and tinitis. the price of maintenance and gas becomes irrelevant. ride up steep dunes at walking pace, if you get stuck you put your foot down and push it out. lift the bike out with one hand. put it on a trailer without using the ramp. lend it to anyone. teach anyone to ride. anywhere.

there are folk who have been 500 miles a day for 7 days on these things. iron butt without an offensive carbon foot/bum print. and they see so much more of the places they're travelling through.

a lot has been said about the tyres: yes the make the steering a little slower, they're not good for winning a motocross event. but they are good for gentle, slow rides through very sandy jeep tracks, impressively steep dunes; paths that tighten your sphincter on a 950 become non events on the teedub.

a few teedub riders mention the lack of power, shortage of suspension etc. imho they're all missing the point. it has as much power/suspension as it has and you do with that what you can; which is almost everything. here is a bike that, with minimum skill, you can use all of and concentrate on where you're going rather how fast you can get there.

lovely bike that comes with a free change of attitude, for the better.
Nicely stated...accurate as well!.
Old 03-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #45
Kankujoe
Adventure Traveller

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by rah View Post
after doing 40,000 miles on a 950 a TeeDub 200 came into my clutches. loved it so much i bought a 2nd one. yeah, a 250 this or a 450 that is better at doing most things if you want to do them faster. but a 200 is going back to basics. calm. cheap. chilled. brilliant. on the highway you move over to the slow lane and stop worrying about buffeting and tinitis. the price of maintenance and gas becomes irrelevant. ride up steep dunes at walking pace, if you get stuck you put your foot down and push it out. lift the bike out with one hand. put it on a trailer without using the ramp. lend it to anyone. teach anyone to ride. anywhere.

there are folk who have been 500 miles a day for 7 days on these things. iron butt without an offensive carbon foot/bum print. and they see so much more of the places they're travelling through.

a lot has been said about the tyres: yes the make the steering a little slower, they're not good for winning a motocross event. but they are good for gentle, slow rides through very sandy jeep tracks, impressively steep dunes; paths that tighten your sphincter on a 950 become non events on the teedub.

a few teedub riders mention the lack of power, shortage of suspension etc. imho they're all missing the point. it has as much power/suspension as it has and you do with that what you can; which is almost everything. here is a bike that, with minimum skill, you can use all of and concentrate on where you're going rather how fast you can get there.

lovely bike that comes with a free change of attitude, for the better.
+1

Some people get it, some people don't... I like my TW for all of the opposite reasons I like my other bikes...

frog13, thanks for finding & bumping this thread.

2012 Suzuki V-Strom-ADV, 2011 Kawasaki Versys, 2008 Yamaha TW200, 2013 Honda CRF250L

I'm never lost... Because I'm always right where I'm at...

Kankujoe screwed with this post 03-10-2012 at 01:43 AM
Kankujoe is offline   Reply With Quote