Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 218 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 10-06-2006, 09:28 PM   #1561
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr
I saw this picture and immediate thought the same thing. Been doing this so long, the first thing I notice when I see someone ride, is their position and technique.
I bet I drive my GF nutz...

Seat's too high/too low

TT's too short/too long

etc.

Every time I see a cyclist. Its rare that I see someone WITHOUT major fit issues.

and its such an easy thing to fix!

M
Old 10-07-2006, 08:30 PM   #1562
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

So I blitzed home yesterday and got dressed to go riding while Stick Me was primping for work. We both left the same time.

I went for a 60min ride, she went to work for 12 hours. I win!

Felt pretty good. Right until I turned into the wind! :omg damn headwinds. Oh well.

Tonite I blitzed home and went *gasp* for a run. 38min of huffing and puffing. Somehow, I can't seem to breathe normally. Feels like I'm only using half my lungs. Prolly a leftover from that cold I've been fighting... Run, run, walk, walk, walk, run, run, run, repeat the walking, etc. I don't remember having this many issues running in the past, but then I've never been damn near 40 before either!

M
Old 10-08-2006, 10:01 AM   #1563
dirtypumpkin
"Monster Truck Bike"

Oddometer: 13,847
Some rare televised Mountain Bike racing on CBS today before football. 12 - 1pm PST
If you wish to travel far and fast, travel light. Take off all your envies,
jealousies, unforgiveness, selfishness, and fears. -- Glenn Clark
dirtypumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:23 AM   #1564
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
So I blitzed home yesterday and got dressed to go riding while Stick Me was primping for work. We both left the same time.

I went for a 60min ride, she went to work for 12 hours. I win!

Felt pretty good. Right until I turned into the wind! :omg damn headwinds. Oh well.

Tonite I blitzed home and went *gasp* for a run. 38min of huffing and puffing. Somehow, I can't seem to breathe normally. Feels like I'm only using half my lungs. Prolly a leftover from that cold I've been fighting... Run, run, walk, walk, walk, run, run, run, repeat the walking, etc. I don't remember having this many issues running in the past, but then I've never been damn near 40 before either!

M

Closing in fast on 40 too, and I felt it this morning. I've had a really tempermental lower back for the last 10 yrs (old car accident). It springs up like once a yr, sometimes really bad.

Well it's not the worst it's ever been but bad this morning. Could barely get out of bed, can't even ties shoes, etc. Have a hot patch on and hoping it gets better quick, I so much wanted to go riding today, it's the first beautiful day in a long time too...

Don't know if I should risk it. I tried some slow stretching and it's just not giving, no flex.

Catch 22, in order to lose the back pain I need to strengthen the gut, but can't ride the gut off with this off and on back pain.

soon as my new job's med insurance kicks in I need to have another doc check out what the fuck this is. It feels skeletel, in the discs.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #1565
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
Closing in fast on 40 too, and I felt it this morning. I've had a really tempermental lower back for the last 10 yrs (old car accident). It springs up like once a yr, sometimes really bad.

Well it's not the worst it's ever been but bad this morning. Could barely get out of bed, can't even ties shoes, etc. Have a hot patch on and hoping it gets better quick, I so much wanted to go riding today, it's the first beautiful day in a long time too...

Don't know if I should risk it. I tried some slow stretching and it's just not giving, no flex.

Catch 22, in order to lose the back pain I need to strengthen the gut, but can't ride the gut off with this off and on back pain.

soon as my new job's med insurance kicks in I need to have another doc check out what the fuck this is. It feels skeletel, in the discs.
I'm in the same boat, but not as bad. Lower back = jacked from doing the clean and jerk on my RT when it was on its side at the DMV. No bueno.

It was OK for a while, but has been acting up lately. Prolly 'cause I'm standing on concrete all day and not sitting behind a desk.

Off to do a 2-ish hour loop here soon. Gotta let b-fast digest a little.

M
Old 10-08-2006, 11:59 AM   #1566
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 57,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
I don't remember having this many issues running in the past, but then I've never been damn near 40 before either!

M

Wimp! I at 46 and 2 buddies (aged 45 and 54) just finished 40 miles (road bikes) in a tad under 2 hours and Alabama is NOT flat... lots of hills. Did 17-18 yesterday on Mt Bikes ... basicly a tooling ride
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 12:43 PM   #1567
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
Wimp! I at 46 and 2 buddies (aged 45 and 54) just finished 40 miles (road bikes) in a tad under 2 hours and Alabama is NOT flat... lots of hills. Did 17-18 yesterday on Mt Bikes ... basicly a tooling ride

Damn man, you averaged over 20 MPH in hills, for 2 hours straight!!??!!

If that's true Ken you suck worse than any GS
Old 10-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #1568
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Just back in from a 1.50 hour spin thru the backside of Morgan Hill (McKean/Uvas loop for those in the area). Did 'all right' climbing the 3 decent sized hills. Knees know I've been climbing!

Rest tomorrow. Tues = short 'cross style' intervals. GOTTA get quicker on the cross course!!! Next race: 15th at 0900 in Soquel. Google Velo Bella and look for the Surf City Cyclocross links.

M
Old 10-09-2006, 07:37 AM   #1569
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Damn man, you averaged over 20 MPH in hills, for 2 hours straight!!??!!

If that's true Ken you suck worse than any GS
The guys I went riding with we've been riding together for over 20 years. We're kinda training for an upcoming ride we may do so we've been taking it up a notch. We got into it and were really working a 3 man draft line... then went into the state park, where all the hills are, and some fucker on a Litespeed (with tri-bars) passed us after we paid the entrance fee and were getting going again. He should never have done that He was hauling ass and we were just hanging back waiting and working the draft line... I knew we'd kick his ass and we did You never just catch them right away You let them wear themselves out, quickly pass them on a hill, get separation which quickly leads to demoralization

My happy ass was worn out last night...
Old 10-09-2006, 07:38 AM   #1570
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/163511/bicycle_drift/

Old 10-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #1571
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
The guys I went riding with we've been riding together for over 20 years. We're kinda training for an upcoming ride we may do so we've been taking it up a notch. We got into it and were really working a 3 man draft line... then went into the state park, where all the hills are, and some fucker on a Litespeed (with tri-bars) passed us after we paid the entrance fee and were getting going again. He should never have done that He was hauling ass and we were just hanging back waiting and working the draft line... I knew we'd kick his ass and we did You never just catch them right away You let them wear themselves out, quickly pass them on a hill, get separation which quickly leads to demoralization

I have not met a tri-geek yet that can beat me on a bike
Old 10-09-2006, 07:40 AM   #1572
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken

That's insane.

Going solo I can't imagine keeping a 20plus MPH pace in hills no less for 2 hours.

Mad Props to you.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 AM   #1573
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
I have not met a tri-geek yet that can beat me on a bike
hate those fuckers too

I passed one the other night.

He was on a Cervelo full tucked TT bike, lycra everything including booties, rocket head helmet etc.

I slowly rode next to him after making him expend to try and pull away for 2 miles. Made sure he saw me in my MTN bike shoes, 16 yr old Basso, 7 yr old dork helmet, and old T shirt.

Then gave him a glance, wave and took off.

Doesn't happen often but it sure felt good.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #1574
Ken
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
hate those fuckers too

I passed one the other night.

He was on a Cervelo full tucked TT bike, lycra everything including booties, rocket head helmet etc.

I slowly rode next to him after making him expend to try and pull away for 2 miles. Made sure he saw me in my MTN bike shoes, 16 yr old Basso, 7 yr old dork helmet, and old T shirt.

Then gave him a glance, wave and took off.

Doesn't happen often but it sure felt good.

I don't know what it is but if there's a biker in front of you it's impossible to just do a normal relaxing ride... nope, you have to try to catch and pass the fucker
Old 10-09-2006, 08:21 AM   #1575
card
?

Oddometer: 4,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken
I don't know what it is but if there's a biker in front of you it's impossible to just do a normal relaxing ride... nope, you have to try to catch and pass the fucker
Just wait a few more years. At 60, I don't have too many competitive juices flowing anymore. (Come to think of it, I don't have many juices of any kind flowing anymore.) I just enjoy the ride and let the fast fuckers keep going. I find that I usually catch them on the hills anyway.
card is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: