ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 218 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 12:32 PM   #19666
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,583
Been putzing around in the garage, hanging extra wheels, re-packing seat bags, etc.

Just downloaded today's race (Tour of Flanders, not Ghent-Wevelgem ) and its almost time to watch it!

Mom keeps bugging me to bring a phone on my rides. I was a CH away from needing a ride and guess who doesn't answer her phone. Oh well. It worked out.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #19667
Oznerol
The Happy Machine
 
Oznerol's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Mountain View, CA
Oddometer: 964
Just finished my second MTB ride of the year. Ringwood State Park in NJ, right along the north state line. Really fun, well-engineered trails. Stands a good chance of being my new default place to ride.

But man, I'm in lousy shape. This is going to be the first April in 4 years that we haven't road-tripped to Utah and western Colorado, and without that motivation to keep fit through the winter, I haven't done a very good job of it.
Oznerol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:12 PM   #19668
rbrsddn
3banger
 
rbrsddn's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Madison,CT
Oddometer: 2,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
Just finished my second MTB ride of the year. Ringwood State Park in NJ, right along the north state line. Really fun, well-engineered trails. Stands a good chance of being my new default place to ride.

But man, I'm in lousy shape. This is going to be the first April in 4 years that we haven't road-tripped to Utah and western Colorado, and without that motivation to keep fit through the winter, I haven't done a very good job of it.

The first couple of rides are pretty brutal, for sure! I agree on having a goal event to motivate you to ride. From '99 to '08 we attended a Mtn Bike Festival up in the Berkshires in Mass. in August. It was always a lot more fun to show up in good fitness, as it's a ton of climbing. Sadly, Pedro's, and then Kenda, bailed on sponsoring the event. But I am riding to VT later this summer with a few buddies. A 280 mile ride, so again I have a goal.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM   #19669
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger
 
fullmonte's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Oddometer: 4,928
Met up with the local bike club folks at ten this morning and rode 84 miles today. The route was relatively flat with some rollers. We had a couple of stops for food/water replenishment and the ride went well for the 5 of us who dared to do the whole loop. On the return leg, less than a mile from home, the quads cramped up something fierce. The 3 State century is gonna be a suffer fest in five weeks.
__________________
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #19670
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2001
Location: Brooklyn
Oddometer: 31,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
Just finished my second MTB ride of the year. Ringwood State Park in NJ, right along the north state line. Really fun, well-engineered trails. Stands a good chance of being my new default place to ride.

But man, I'm in lousy shape. This is going to be the first April in 4 years that we haven't road-tripped to Utah and western Colorado, and without that motivation to keep fit through the winter, I haven't done a very good job of it.
Dude, when I get my MTN bike I'd like to ride that with you, long as you don't mind a really rusty trail rider tagging along..

I'm looking it up now, can't be that far from NYC right?
__________________
2011 Duct Tape Roll
1997 Cycle Therapy mini pump
1988 Aerostich Fleece collar scarf
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:42 PM   #19671
bikeboy1
2010 690 Enduro
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Ontario,Canada
Oddometer: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
Been putzing around in the garage, hanging extra wheels, re-packing seat bags, etc.

Just downloaded today's race (Tour of Flanders, not Ghent-Wevelgem ) and its almost time to watch it!

Mom keeps bugging me to bring a phone on my rides. I was a CH away from needing a ride and guess who doesn't answer her phone. Oh well. It worked out.

M
Did you watch that race yet,man it looked like Fabio was going to walk away with it again. Gilbert was riding aggresive but it looked like he was trying to set it up for Boonen until near the end when Gilbert did to much for his own sprint and Boonen didnt make the first group. That was one hell of a race I thought.
BTW I always carry a phone for emergencies and it has come in handy a few times.
bikeboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #19672
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,569
These babies are going to a new home

Didn't go riding this morning as I went to bed last night with the beginnings of a sore throat.
I did get to rooting around ion the garage and the back of the closet.

I found these,


I've no idea why I own these, but here they are,











I'm thinking I have zero use for these.
Anybody interested?
Buy me a beer sometime and pay the shipping and they are yours.

I think the "(6)" means these are for a 6-speed.
Shoot me a PM if interested.
__________________
...Richard
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Smugmug

Mr Head screwed with this post 04-04-2011 at 07:58 PM Reason: Gone
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:09 PM   #19673
Ridge
Hustle and Cuss
 
Ridge's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Chasing my tail
Oddometer: 1,401
15th out of 50 in the road race. I was sitting third wheel at the 500 meter mark and got swallowed up in a field sprint. I should have been the one to jump and made everyone chase. muscles and lungs can be conditioned. the self confidence to jump and be the rabbit is something I need to work on.
Ridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #19674
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
15th out of 50 in the road race. I was sitting third wheel at the 500 meter mark and got swallowed up in a field sprint. I should have been the one to jump and made everyone chase. muscles and lungs can be conditioned. the self confidence to jump and be the rabbit is something I need to work on.
I've BTDT.

That or I pick the wrong 'train' and it gets swallowed up and spit out the back.

I haven't really ever had a team to help lead me out. Don't know that I'd know what to do! (that's a lie, btw. I figgered out I'm much better going from fast to way faster than I am slow to fast.)

Mr Head: put that up on the Serotta forum or Classicrendezvous.com (whatever the name of that Campag-only site is!) and you may actually get real money for em. I'd take em, but I haven't ever run Campag stuff, so they'd end up doing in my bin o stuff what they've been doing in yours.

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #19675
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,569
OK,

I found a box of Avocet too...
I'll have to take a picture tomorrow.

Found a Winning Bicycle Racing Illustrate musette bag, and a Coors Light team hat.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
I've BTDT.

That or I pick the wrong 'train' and it gets swallowed up and spit out the back.

I haven't really ever had a team to help lead me out. Don't know that I'd know what to do! (that's a lie, btw. I figgered out I'm much better going from fast to way faster than I am slow to fast.)

Mr Head: put that up on the Serotta forum or Classicrendezvous.com (whatever the name of that Campag-only site is!) and you may actually get real money for em. I'd take em, but I haven't ever run Campag stuff, so they'd end up doing in my bin o stuff what they've been doing in yours.

M
__________________
...Richard
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #19676
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,569
As long as I was loaded up and shooting...

Pull!



All together now,
__________________
...Richard
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #19677
kbasa
Colnago!
 
kbasa's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Marin County, California
Oddometer: 65,674
That makes me want to find an old Masi frame or something.

Here's what we did today:



Here's what we did yesterday:

__________________
IMHO.

Fuck Cancer. Ride bikes. - dave + tina
kbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 AM   #19678
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
OK,

I found a box of Avocet too...
I'll have to take a picture tomorrow.

Found a Winning Bicycle Racing Illustrate musette bag, and a Coors Light team hat.
Oooh! Avocet stuff?



M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #19679
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,569
Tour of Flanders rocked.
DVR is set up to record bicycle racing.
No idea how I've managed to keep that bit of magic going.
__________________
...Richard
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:12 AM   #19680
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless
 
Gummee!'s Avatar
 
Joined: May 2004
Location: NoVA for now...
Oddometer: 27,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Tour of Flanders rocked.
DVR is set up to record bicycle racing.
No idea how I've managed to keep that bit of magic going.
You obviously haven't let the magic smoke out.

Once that happens, yer fooked!

DAMHIK

M
__________________
I'm a cyclist that rides motos, not a moto rider that rides bicycles.
Gummee! is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014