Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 293 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #20626
nomiles
Sledge-o-matic

Oddometer: 3,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Dude, chill. Giggle at the funny picture.
Whats funny? he has his thumb in the neck and is spraying Champagne in his mouth. You're easily amused.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #20627
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 31,592
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomiles View Post
Whats funny? he has his thumb in the neck and is spraying Champagne in his mouth. You're easily amused.
yea the funny escaped me on that one too...(?)
1992 BMW K100 transmission housing
2014 Box of General Tso's Chicken with Xtra spice
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:25 PM   #20628
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,054
Not sure who's uptight and needs to chill, I was just commenting all the dopers aren't laughing right now.

I can only wish I was good enough to taste champaign on a podium of ANY race!! I'd not only drink it, I'd bath myself in it! Unless maybe if it were a frozen Belgium spring classic...

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM   #20629
SunFusion Solar
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtypumpkin View Post
If you didnt plan on riding it in your city Id say get it.
Otherwise Id want a full susp with at least 5 inch travel front & rear.

Im doing about 60 a week now, slowly working my way back to 140.
Used to do a 20 mile round trip to college 5 days a week and 40 on weekends.
After I bought the KLX400 my mountain bike took a long break...

Still on my 6 yr old DBR full susp cross country, still pretty light.
Has front & rear lockouts for pavement or hills.

I would have a roadie too but I like the dirt so much more and live near
a great river with far to many opportunities to drop off the paved trail.

nice bike for Down Hill racing.. :)
Old 06-02-2011, 06:59 AM   #20630
Ridge
Hustle and Cuss

Oddometer: 1,622
Moto-pacing session with the Yeti last night. Painful, fast but fun! Hanging a few inches off the license plate of a Silver Wing at 30+ mph takes a bit of getting used to.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #20631
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorman View Post
Not sure who's uptight and needs to chill, I was just commenting all the dopers aren't laughing right now.

I can only wish I was good enough to taste champaign on a podium of ANY race!! I'd not only drink it, I'd bath myself in it! Unless maybe if it were a frozen Belgium spring classic...
I stopped watching the Giro once it was determined that that doping SOB was gonna win. IDCare how well he's doing, he shouldn't be racing. Or allowed to race by organizers. Period.

...but that's my opinion...

...and unlike LA who never had a positive test (that we know about) AC's been busted.

M
Old 06-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #20632
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
Moto-pacing session with the Yeti last night. Painful, fast but fun! Hanging a few inches off the license plate of a Silver Wing at 30+ mph takes a bit of getting used to.
I was out with a group. Yeah, a group! *gasp!* that don't happen often where I am.

There were 6 of us. I didn't quite try and rip their legs off, but I didn't get too far from it either.

M
Old 06-02-2011, 12:58 PM   #20633
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
It's a blast isn't? We have a road heavily traveled by the pirate community that we like to try and snag a ride from. The only bad thing, the noise and uncertainty they won't brake check you. Mostly, they look in the mirror, see you then drop the hammer and you! The bar at the end of the road is usually infested with them which when clad in double thick spandex and a bear cooler on your head, leaves you open to lots of heckling.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:27 PM   #20634
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,884
Quote:
It's a blast isn't? We have a road heavily traveled by the pirate community that we like to try and snag a ride from. The only bad thing, the noise and uncertainty they won't brake check you. Mostly, they look in the mirror, see you then drop the hammer and you! The bar at the end of the road is usually infested with them which when clad in double thick spandex and a bear cooler on your head, leaves you open to lots of heckling.
We do a Thursday night recumbent ride here - mostly, it's a much older crowd. The last time I rode with them, we came up to a light and a scooter pulled up also.

When the light changed, he took off and I jumped his wheel. The guy was pretty cool about it and rolled on the throttle slowly as to not drop me.

About a minute later, he yelled back, "That's all I got" and my response was "Yep - me tooooooooooooo!"

I'm not sure that the oldsters appreciated my antics but as I told my buddy, it wouldn't be the first time that I've not been invited back to an organized ride.

The last time was in B'ham when the local group rode to a state park circa 1985. It seems that they didn't like my buddy and I jumping behind campers and drafting them.

Or maybe it was the water bottle fights or messing with each others gears during climbs.
k7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:12 PM   #20635
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Sounds like K7 might be related to me!! I'm the local instigator of trouble around these parts too. In the future you may want to add flipping a seat post quick release to your resume' (it's a mountain bike thing)

I made the mistake of drafting a dump truck once which went well until he hit a bump and dropped a cubic foot of dried dirt out from the rear end and literally "dusted" me.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:00 PM   #20636
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Sounds like K7 might be related to me!! I'm the local instigator of trouble around these parts too. In the future you may want to add flipping a seat post quick release to your resume' (it's a mountain bike thing)

I made the mistake of drafting a dump truck once which went well until he hit a bump and dropped a cubic foot of dried dirt out from the rear end and literally "dusted" me.
I was effing around with a buddy of mine one ride. Tapped his rear knobbie with mine.

He looks around confused

Did it again

He hops off the bike and examines his rear wheel in a real state

I don't remember if I did it again, but when I grabbed onto his seat to let him pull me for a bit, he freaked the eff out.

It was right about then that I stopped messing with people. You just never know...

M
Old 06-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #20637
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

That's some Buddy you have. I could see it if it were a race or something but we do that stuff all the time. My friends wife was a little upset when I scrubbed my knobby against hers on a trail ride. What came out of her mouth made even me blush!! I practice overlapping with my wife, so far she hasn't killed me.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:51 PM   #20638
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Oddometer: 1,101
Well I loaded the Surley up today.I made a list of the stuff I'm gonna take mapped it out on the bike,and loaded that sucker up.The only thing I didn't have was extra water( I don't have a domminary bag yet) And then I took it out for a ride ,heavy. It rode well though.went down a 30 mph hill and no shimmy,so good.

Brakes leave a lot to be desired.I have to do something about that before I go to the moutains next month.
Unknown Marine Recon Instructor
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:43 AM   #20639
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,026
welp. changed the tires on my mashup hybrid, got me some nimbus 700x38's. phew, they are almost 0.2" wider than the last 700x38's I had, but definately feel like they'll work better in the dirt. lats weekend my prior old style Tom Slicks x38's were damn treacherous in the heavy mud at the music festival I was at, there were a few stretches I was amazed I rode through.

these things say MINIMUM 75 lbs, which seems rather high for such a fat tire (inflated to 80psi on my 1" wide rims, these things are 1.55" wide at the bulge).
Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 AM   #20640
trailer Rails
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
these things say MINIMUM 75 lbs, which seems rather high for such a fat tire (inflated to 80psi on my 1" wide rims, these things are 1.55" wide at the bulge).
Don't listen to the sidewall. Put however much you want in there. I am running 28mm tires on my commuter, setup up tubeless, at about 50-55psi. With innertubes and 38mm tires you should be okay down to 45-50.
trailer Rails is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: