Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 207 votes, 4.85 average. Display Modes
Old 04-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #23776
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Has anybody ever tried Selle SMP saddles?

http://www.sellesmp.com

I really like the look of them.
I'm on my second Extra. Had the first for about 2000mi, then noticed that I'd bent the rails a bit, so I replaced it and have been on the replacement for six months. It's not bad, but I think it's a bit over-padded.

I haven't found the perfect seat yet, but as long I don't skip too many weekends riding, the Selle SMP seems to stay pretty comfy for the short rides I do most of the time. (30-50mi)
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #23777
Lewy
Minus the LC8

Oddometer: 1,966
I finally got a Go Pro so here is a few videos I have made in the past week.

My first go

Crashing in Sundays race

Me going backwards from the start

Lewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #23778
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,565
Went on a gravel road ride yesterday. Well... as much gravel as I get around here anyway. 4 stretches of gravel road in an hour and a half.

The third one got interesting cause I didn't *quite* have enough air in the rear tire. No flats tho.

...its raining today. Probably no riding. Oh well.

M
Old 04-18-2012, 06:21 AM   #23779
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,001
Got my ass kicked on my favorite trail yesterday by some dude on an old and battered hard tail.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:22 AM   #23780
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewy View Post
I finally got a Go Pro so here is a few videos I have made in the past week.
Love those kinds of videos. I wish more people would post 'em here.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:31 AM   #23781
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakSpout View Post
I'm on my second Extra. Had the first for about 2000mi, then noticed that I'd bent the rails a bit, so I replaced it and have been on the replacement for six months. It's not bad, but I think it's a bit over-padded.

I haven't found the perfect seat yet, but as long I don't skip too many weekends riding, the Selle SMP seems to stay pretty comfy for the short rides I do most of the time. (30-50mi)
There is a reason why the rails and or shell bend ... It could be caused by an anatomical and more often a functional leg length discrepancy due to a variety of reasons. SMP's are great, but saddles are like shoes, you must try them before you buy them. When I am at clients homes doing fittings I bring about 30 saddles with me for them to try!
Tessitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:33 AM   #23782
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chisenhallw View Post
Has anybody ever tried Selle SMP saddles?

http://www.sellesmp.com

I really like the look of them.
If you are in NorCal I have their whole demo set that you can try!
Tessitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 04:44 AM   #23783
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 4,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori View Post
If you are in NorCal I have their whole demo set that you can try!
I wish. Nobody in DC/Baltimore carries them. Closest place for me to try one would be Philly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamick View Post
You strategically place a billboard of boobs on the outside of a turn and I'd ride my motorcycle off a cliff.
Chisenhallw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 AM   #23784
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
I have their "kit carbon flow" on all of my bikes. It's expensive, and looks like a torture device, but I can ride a 24hr race and never think about my saddle.
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:59 AM   #23785
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Thumb

Had my first crash on the mountain bike yesterday up at Santos. While riding down a trail at a brisk pace, a stick somehow got wedged in the spokes of my front tire, flipping the bike over and sending me flying. Another rider who witnessed the accident gave it an 8.5 for style.

Fortunately nothing seems broken, just a lot of soreness on my left side. Hardly any damage to the bike either - just needs to have one spoke replaced. The real tragedy was that I didn't have my GoPro video camera recording at that point.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 AM   #23786
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
Had my first crash on the mountain bike yesterday up at Santos. While riding down a trail at a brisk pace, a stick somehow got wedged in the spokes of my front tire, flipping the bike over and sending me flying. Another rider who witnessed the accident gave it an 8.5 for style.

Fortunately nothing seems broken, just a lot of soreness on my left side. Hardly any damage to the bike either - just needs to have one spoke replaced. The real tragedy was that I didn't have my GoPro video camera recording at that point.
One of the 'requirements' for getting a high score crashing on the mtn bike is coming up with something witty to say on the way down. 'Oh shit!' doesn't make the grade for witty.

Glad you're OK.

...that replacing the spoke thing is why I usually have multiple wheelsets running around.

M
Old 04-19-2012, 07:16 AM   #23787
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee! View Post
One of the 'requirements' for getting a high score crashing on the mtn bike is coming up with something witty to say on the way down. 'Oh shit!' doesn't make the grade for witty.
I'll keep that in mind next time.

Quote:
Glad you're OK.

...that replacing the spoke thing is why I usually have multiple wheelsets running around.

M
The other rider with me was once a mechanic at a local bike shop and said that replacing the spoke is something I should be able to do myself. It's only a $2.00 part, but it won't be in until Tuesday.

I'm really hoping my ribs heal quickly so that I'll at least be able to ride my street bike in the meantime. This morning I could barely get out of bed, but it seems to have gotten a lot better since then.
Old 04-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #23788
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
The other rider with me was once a mechanic at a local bike shop and said that replacing the spoke is something I should be able to do myself. It's only a $2.00 part, but it won't be in until Tuesday.
Its not technically hard, but it helps to have the right tools: truing stand, spoke wrenches, etc.

Go look it up on Park Tools' website to see if its something you want to tackle on your own.

M
Old 04-19-2012, 07:28 AM   #23789
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Body armor?

A couple of experienced riders tell me that I should invest in a pair of shin/knee protectors. The ones I've found at local stores only have shin pads, but nothing to protect the knees. Anybody got a recommendation?

What about elbow pads? Are these worth getting?

Old 04-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #23790
patsymack
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
riding after prostate biopsy

Hi guys,
I had a prostate biopsy yesterday.Doctor said to stay of the bike for 2 weeks.Any one else gone through the same thing.It's killin me cause my new Caad 10 came in on friday and I only have 75 miles on it.I feel great today and have no soreness in the area.Is the Doctor being to cautious.I guess I'll wait until I get the results.Just want to see what others have been through and how you handled it.I'm 62 and probably a C rider.I just want to get out and turn the pedals over and clear my head.
Thanks Pat
patsymack is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: