User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 238 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 08-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #24766
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,691
Not quite 4hrs this AM. Showed a couple of the Wed ride guys the Springs Rd Loop outta Warrenton. ...but we met in Vint Hill Farm Station. They took off like bats outta hell and I'm sittin behind em thinkin 'y'all don't know what's comin...'

Turns out it wasn't a huge issue, but one of em was toast by the end of the ride. ...but it wasn't me! 'Course, when I dropped them off, I had another hour to go.

Now I'm pretty stinky, and ready for a shower.

M
Old 08-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #24767
ImaPoser
adventure imposter

Oddometer: 15,555
Wow. That was pathetic.
I guess it's the combination of the temp, humidity, and wind because it broke me today. I thought I would get out and do at least two if not three laps on my easy loop as I'm on call and need to be within a quick ride home all along the route. I felt tired before I even left the house, but figured I would shake off the funk and get in to my stride once I got started. Never happened. I was whooped. I did one stinkin eight mile loop, then gave up and turned off for the three mile ride home. I don't recall ever having that happen before.

Save 20% when you open your own smugmug account. Just go here...
ImaPoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #24768
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,691
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
Wow. That was pathetic.
I guess it's the combination of the temp, humidity, and wind because it broke me today. I thought I would get out and do at least two if not three laps on my easy loop as I'm on call and need to be within a quick ride home all along the route. I felt tired before I even left the house, but figured I would shake off the funk and get in to my stride once I got started. Never happened. I was whooped. I did one stinkin eight mile loop, then gave up and turned off for the three mile ride home. I don't recall ever having that happen before.
Happens. You'll get em next time.

That's the beauty of riding. One day yer legs are poo, the next yer Abdujaparov. (youtube him if you don't know who he is)

M
Old 08-04-2012, 11:10 AM   #24769
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,427
Just got home from the final ride before the VT trip Tuesday. Man, was it nasty!!! 74% humidity... 56 miles, 3:27, 3030 FT of climbing... Gotta go wash the sweat off the bike, and clean it up for the trip. Anyone who rode today deserves at least one beer!!!
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #24770
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,113
I said I wouldn't do it, but...

I headed out to my least favorite trail this morning to see what all the fuss on Facebook is about. Seems a couple of riders have been exchanging KOM's on one particularly grueling hill climb. A week ago the record stood at 1 min, 7 seconds. Now it's down to 44 seconds. So I'm sitting there at the bottom of the hill, thinking I've never done this run, but what the hell, let's see what all those sessions on the leg press over the past month have accomplished. I thought I was going to die doing the last 50 yards, but I made it to the top in 50 seconds. Only 6 seconds off the record. Now that I know I'm within striking distance of the title, I'll repeat the run next week with my clipless pedals, ditch that heavy Camelback, and remember to start in a higher gear. If it all comes together, it should net me my first KOM.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #24771
barnyard
Verbal tactician

Oddometer: 10,572
I went back to work a while back and that did not go well, so I am back at PT. I ride the bike, which is close to 10 mile round trip. Thursday, I added a ride out to where I work to sign my United Way card, adding another 20 miles. I did the trip to add a couple of hills in. Cam home, felt great and all that.

Friday, I did my work sim routine, then started my endurance routine. Holy wah. I ran out of gas. By the time I got to the end of my 4 hours, I was completely wiped out. Rode home and crashed on the couch, hard. My upper body did not have any strength left.

Today I did a quick 10 mile ride and figured I would do 20 tomorrow, then back to PT Monday.

I am under 200 lbs for the 1st time in close to 2 years.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #24772
TheYeti
Hard to be Humble

Oddometer: 1,091
[QUOTE=Gummee!;19284294]Happens. You'll get em next time.

That's the beauty of riding. One day yer legs are poo, the next yer Abdujaparov. (youtube him if you don't know who he is)

M[/QUOTY

You mean Face Plant Abdujaparov...... and still hobbled across the finish line and get the Green Jersey.
Unknown Marine Recon Instructor
TheYeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:25 AM   #24773
TheNedster
Lurkapotamus

Oddometer: 858
Want.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2012/08/02/...re/#more-47010
Old 08-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #24774
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,819
Our local MTB trail has a nature trail that runs around it. This afternoon I am going to take my 6 year old on it to see how she likes riding on gravel. She is very excited, and keeps try to get mom and her sister out of the house so we can go! Its not much, and its going to be very hot so I don't know how she will like it, but I bet she will. She always watches when I leave to ride the actual trail, so I think that is her way of showing she wants to join in. We shall see...
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 02:25 PM   #24775
HOT DAMN!
♪ ♪ ♪

Oddometer: 7,633
This is in my community.

How about Mr. Thyen, he's concerned with, "noise from the bikes."

STORY
Old 08-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #24776
2whl-hoop
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNedster View Post
That is a nice looking bike, but I'm not sure about the discs. One thing I don't care for on my Vaya is the disc brakes. They're powerful, but noisy as hell. It sounds like a garbage truck hauling itself up to a stop. People turn to look to see what all the racket is about. And they make sense on the Vaya as it's a more touring oriented bike, but I think they're probably overkill on a roadbike...
2whl-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 03:46 PM   #24777
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,396
I think that all depends on the brake and rotor combo. I've used the Avid Mech's and they aren't too loud, and hydraulic's can be nice and quiet. On my commuter, though, I have Avid Mech's with low end Shimano center lock rotors. Had to used those rotors for caliper clearance and they sound (and feel) like a bag of rocks... Maybe they just need to break in better. There's only a couple hundred miles on them.

Are the drop bar lever disk brakes getting any better? I always heard the leverage kinda sucked.
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:23 PM   #24778
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 21,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrsddn View Post
Just got home from the final ride before the VT trip Tuesday. Man, was it nasty!!! 74% humidity... 56 miles, 3:27, 3030 FT of climbing... Gotta go wash the sweat off the bike, and clean it up for the trip. Anyone who rode today deserves at least one beer!!!

I thought about it...for about a second
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #24779
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post

I thought about it...for about a second
It was fawkin' hot!, but I had to do it! My 60 Yr old riding buddy is a climbing fool, and it's hard enough to even stay close! Gotta keep riding them hills! The Speed Trip has been spending a lot of time in the barn... I've got close to 1600 miles on the Rhygin.

rbrsddn screwed with this post 08-06-2012 at 10:26 AM Reason: Spellign
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #24780
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Our local MTB trail has a nature trail that runs around it. This afternoon I am going to take my 6 year old on it to see how she likes riding on gravel. She is very excited, and keeps try to get mom and her sister out of the house so we can go! Its not much, and its going to be very hot so I don't know how she will like it, but I bet she will. She always watches when I leave to ride the actual trail, so I think that is her way of showing she wants to join in. We shall see...
And she liked it! Says she wants to go back, just not tomorrow

She only crashed once, while turning in a rather sandy area (her dad crashes like that too). Other than that, she went just shy of two miles, and had a smile most of the time.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: