Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 513 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #28006
Chisenhallw
Avowed Pussbag

Oddometer: 6,453
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyang View Post
When was this?

We got a couple of medals some time back in track and field events.

Last Olympics nothing but we netted >1 gold in the Paralympics.
I don't remember. Years ago.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 AM   #28007
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 22,789
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd4o View Post
Hello, all:

unfortunately for me, I only have time for just riding around.
That is one gnarly looking trail.
Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Aurelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #28008
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd4o View Post
Hello, all:

unfortunately for me, I only have time for just riding around.
Me too! The fact that it is exercise while having so much fun is a bonus
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:41 PM   #28009
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
There seems to be part of a six pack of this in my hotel fridge. Some Stone too.
There has been some Dig, and Summersault as well.
mmMMM!

YOU'RE NOT WORTHY!
Old 04-05-2013, 08:13 AM   #28010
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,433
7 weeks left until the USA Cycling Pro Road & Time Trial National Championships comes to town. Any inmates interested in spectating along the route can PM me.

http://www.usacycling.org/2013/pro-r...rial-nationals
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #28011
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,834
Headed back to the OC for the weekend. I'll park the bike and pile a bike into the Murano and head back here. There may just be a beer in my wine cellar.

Hope so, there is some garage time that needs spent, and since my garage is heated, (south side of the building, faces east. ), I'll be needing some cooling.
Need to check/replace the clutch slave, change oil, re-torque the heads and change tires. We'll see how much of that I can get to in part of a day.

The good news is I'll have the Roubaix with me when I get back here, and I'll only be here to the Friday before Memorial Day. Then I hope it's home for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
mmMMM!

YOU'RE NOT WORTHY!
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #28012
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Pissed Trail vandalism

Somebody went to a favorite local trail last night and destroyed every single wooden bridge out there, leaving the trail completely unrideable.

Dizave opined: Why do you care where the premises come from? They are above reproach. For all intents and purposes, you can just make up all your premises, since they can't be proven anyway. That's why we need premises.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #28013
Tallbastid
Let's get tropical

Oddometer: 1,488
What a dick move. WTF is wrong with people?

Any ideas who it could have been?
Old 04-05-2013, 11:31 AM   #28014
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,903
That is horrible! I have heard of this kind of thing happening before, and I can not fathom a situation that could arise in my life that would make me vandalize property.

Maybe I was raised right, or something

Can the bridges thrown into the creek be easily put back in place? They do not look torn up from the pictures. Also, the first picture is an easy fix, just need a box of nails and new cut-to-length 2x4s. Defiantly a bad thing to do, but not completely destroyed thankfully.

Unless of course reality is worse than the pictures show
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #28015
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodfart View Post
What a dick move. WTF is wrong with people?

Any ideas who it could have been?
Possibly, but nothing concrete yet. These pictures don't tell the full story because there are in fact many more bridges spread out over a distance of 1.5 miles that were destroyed. To go to those lengths is more than just a random act of vandalism; it suggests a deliberate effort to drive riders off the trail entirely.

What we need to do now is find out if any of the 60+ riders who use that trail had a dispute with someone - possibly one of the homeowners in that area - that was of a nature serious enough to trigger this sort of extreme response.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:16 PM   #28016
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
Can the bridges thrown into the creek be easily put back in place? They do not look torn up from the pictures. Also, the first picture is an easy fix, just need a box of nails and new cut-to-length 2x4s. Defiantly a bad thing to do, but not completely destroyed thankfully.

Unless of course reality is worse than the pictures show
As I said in another post, these are just two of many bridges that were destroyed. We could of course rebuild them, but anyone determined enough to do this kind of damage the first time, could be counted on to do it again and again. I think their goal is pretty clear: they don't want riders using that trail, and they're prepared to go to extreme lengths to bring that about.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 PM   #28017
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 19,843
Fmtt

Wait a few weeks - then offer a nice reward. The guy who did it will talk and one of his buddies will turn him in for the reward.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #28018
bogieboy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 902
Man same stuff happening here... Someone shoveled out several large berms (like 20ft long and 4ft high and log reinforced) on the trials...not to mention some dipsh** rode a horse down all the trails when they were real muddy...now theres 6" deep hoof prints everywhere ... I would love to slap em upside the head for that crap....
bogieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:40 AM   #28019
Mercury264
Once you go Triple...

Oddometer: 22,332
I came to the conclusion long ago that some people are just, well, cunts. They didn't get any love from their mummy or something so they go through live hating everything and everyone. All you can hope for is to not cross paths with assholes like that.

Sorry to hear about the trail - sounds like it was well-used. I really hope you get it rideable again real soon.
'99 XR650L
'99 Speed Triple
Mercury264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:26 AM   #28020
Aurelius
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury264 View Post
I came to the conclusion long ago that some people are just, well, cunts. They didn't get any love from their mummy or something so they go through live hating everything and everyone. All you can hope for is to not cross paths with assholes like that.

Sorry to hear about the trail - sounds like it was well-used. I really hope you get it rideable again real soon.
We're having a work-day out there today to start repairing some of the damage. Apparently two bridges were rebuilt yesterday, since the trail was closed. Since the trail is now officially recognized by the county and is built on county owned land, it's now become a criminal matter, and the police are involved.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: