User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 505 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 02-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #32566
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 28,820
I had another case of the screw-its after being at work for 10hrs. Well... that and self-destructing wiper blades that needed replacing in the AutoZone parking lot.

More ice/snow theoretically coming tonite. Spring can't spring fast enough!

M
Old 02-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #32567
vfr700
172S

Oddometer: 570
Gonna be 88 tomorrow, I think the SPF 45 will do.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #32568
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,828
We had mid 80's here today. Left work after five hours and road down PCH on the KTM. Bought some new gloves, then headed for luncch, then the doctors office.
I may have wheelied. And the rear tire may have stepped out and hung there a bit, just for fun.

May have happened that way.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 06:56 PM   #32569
rbrsddn
3banger

Oddometer: 2,838
Hopefully the snow we get tomorrow is powder, because it will be an opportunity to get out on the cross country skis Sunday. It will be good to get the blood pumping.
rbrsddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:03 PM   #32570
Mr. Ray
Chemically Enhanced

Oddometer: 3,638

Just bought this Santa Cruz Tallboy today. I've ridden a touch over 120 miles on trails ( on a borrowed SS hardtail ) since 1/1/14 and just over 300 since August, 2013. I'm hooked. The MTB had to happen. I barely touched my motorcycle last summer. I want to get in shape.
Old 02-15-2014, 04:37 AM   #32571
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ray View Post
Just bought this Santa Cruz Tallboy today. I've ridden a touch over 120 miles on trails ( on a borrowed SS hardtail ) since 1/1/14 and just over 300 since August, 2013. I'm hooked. The MTB had to happen. I barely touched my motorcycle last summer. I want to get in shape.
There's people on this site that don't get that.

Since I lost my GS-Adv in the divorce, I've been moto-less. Well... running moto-less. There's 2 non-running motos in the barn. They're 'roundtoits' with as much time as I'm spending bicycles.

Its snowing/sleeting again today. Makes the stop for wiper blades worth it. Seeing while driving is a good thing m'kay. It just means more time on a trainer when I get home

M
Old 02-15-2014, 04:19 PM   #32572
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV

Oddometer: 7,828
There was a time in my life when my motorcycle and old car would sit until the batteries were flat. I rode the bicycle to work and anywhere else I went by myself. I was in good shape. Now, I'm more of a round shape.

Got out for a short ride. I'm getting back to it. Another month of this and I should be able to get to the beach and back. Then comes stretching it to further and faster. The same old story.

Terrible winter sun blizzard we're enduring here. Might have to call a state beach day.
Went for a walk on the beach this morning after breakfast and decided my flip-flops need replacing.

We will be paying dearly come Spring I'm sure water in short supply and heat, make for a really bad fire season.

Strava tracking:

Fewer miles than last week right now, but more climbing. I hope I can get out for another ride tomorrow. Picked up fork oil for the 990. We'll see how motivated I am tomorrow.
My Life With The 990R
Smugmug
Mr Head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #32573
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 19,835
Just over 58 miles today - out the door at 0620, stopped for a quick breakfast, waited for the start of the club ride, out and up the mountain, back at 1130.....about 2300 ft of climbing including going up South Mountain.

Good ride, beautiful day....
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #32574
Mr. Ray
Chemically Enhanced

Oddometer: 3,638
I got out today in the snowy NC mountains. The Santa Cruz is better than me. It led me face first into a stream. Only 7 miles but it was neat to get out in the snow.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:01 AM   #32575
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 6,703
Got in some good cross training yesterday and competed in my first biathlon. My skiing wasn't the greatest because it was only the second time on skate skis this winter and I haven't ski raced competitively in years. Thank God it was a short race.

But I went clean on my shooting and was real happy with that. Fun times, just what I need is another sport.

2whlrcr screwed with this post 02-16-2014 at 11:23 AM
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #32576
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ray View Post
I got out today in the snowy NC mountains. The Santa Cruz is better than me. It led me face first into a stream. Only 7 miles but it was neat to get out in the snow.
BTDT

I went for a 'run.' I put 'run' in quotes because of the 1:22 I was out, maybe a third of it was actually running. The rest was hiking in the snow in the woods. Trail's not beaten in far enough to actually be able to run thru there. Aaah well. I was out in the fresh air anyway.

Today? Probably the 4 Gravel Roads loop.

M
Old 02-16-2014, 01:24 PM   #32577
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Toe covers are brown

Tights are brown

Surprisingly, the jacket's not bad.

There's a dirt/ice mix on the downtube and all over the rear of the bike.

Yeah, went out on the dirt roads today. Between 'running' on the snow last nite and the ride in the mush today I'm on a roll!

M
Old 02-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #32578
2whl-hoop
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
I've managed to log over 100 miles on the Mukluk so far this year. With the stupid cold and my work schedule, it's been a challenge to get out on it, but considering I normally would've managed about zero outdoor miles by this time, I'd say it was a good investment. A lot of work though. I'd equate every mile on a fat bike to be about 1.75 miles on skinny tires.

I rode 5 miles of single track at Carver Lake yesterday for the first time, and that was a full body workout. Much better than spending time indoors.
2whl-hoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:59 PM   #32579
PMC
riding rider

Oddometer: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whl-hoop View Post
I've managed to log over 100 miles on the Mukluk so far this year. With the stupid cold and my work schedule, it's been a challenge to get out on it, but considering I normally would've managed about zero outdoor miles by this time, I'd say it was a good investment. A lot of work though. I'd equate every mile on a fat bike to be about 1.75 miles on skinny tires.

I rode 5 miles of single track at Carver Lake yesterday for the first time, and that was a full body workout. Much better than spending time indoors.
You picked a good winter to get one. Not a lot of fun riding anything else with how much snow we've had.

I've been laid up with some crap that turn into something else that turned into something else and haven't been out for the last two weeks and it's about killing me. Today my wife told me to go ride the trainer in the basement (against doctors orders) and when I mentioned that she said "She doesn't have to live with you so get down there". Felt great afterwards!

PMC screwed with this post 02-16-2014 at 03:08 PM
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:32 PM   #32580
fullmonte
Reformed Kneedragger

Oddometer: 5,433
Got out in the woods for a trail maintenance day for five hours today. The owner of the LBS showed up on his new Trek Farley fat bike. Of course, I HAD to ride it. That was fun, especially the climbs on the steep loose stuff which usually causes tire spin or wheelies on a normal bike. We had a great turnout of volunteers and got everything we set out to do accomplished. Got home (tired) and decided to knock out 20 miles on the road bike just because of this beautiful 59F weather. Gonna sleep like a baby tonight.
"If you are looking for the typical ride to a restaurant, eat tacos, hold the middle finger over the food, stop and take a picture of a gravel road type ride, you probably won't be interested." - dlrides

"A guy I know was the lead researcher for the University of Utah federally funded study of cellphone and texting use while driving. He found that your twice as dangerous as a drunk while using your cell phone and I think it was up to six times worse if the driver was texting."-dakardad
fullmonte is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: