Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 53 votes, 4.40 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #3556
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by yater
I did 30 miles at race pace off-road today (just under 3 hours). I'm worn out. I have my race bike as dialed in as it's ever been...and going into next weekend on a course I've killed in the past. I can't wait
nice man, I envy you racer guys
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #3557
Speaker
What's an estart?

Oddometer: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry
If you're talking freewheel then I think it's fine.
Oh, but I'm not. I ride a 52/18 with some heavy duty mountain platforms. Never once have me feet come off the pedals involuntarily, apart from a curb bunnyhop gone wrong. I can lock up and skid at a pretty decent candence, but when I'm flying I perfer to use the front brake. I guess the idea is always to keep pressure on the pedals, and when going downhill turn that forward pressure into resistance, works for me.
Speaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:03 PM   #3558
knary
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,204
Quote:
Guess no one's riding today, Easter and all.

Was able to squeeze in 26 miles today, kicked my freakin ass too, I'm beat.

Fixies are not good in the wind, not good..
No riding for me today. My legs were killin' me after yesterday's dive and squat and slide during paintball with G-pup.

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:35 PM   #3559
Zodiac OP
loosely portrayed

Oddometer: 30,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speaker
Oh, but I'm not. I ride a 52/18 with some heavy duty mountain platforms. Never once have me feet come off the pedals involuntarily, apart from a curb bunnyhop gone wrong. I can lock up and skid at a pretty decent candence, but when I'm flying I perfer to use the front brake. I guess the idea is always to keep pressure on the pedals, and when going downhill turn that forward pressure into resistance, works for me.
you da man

Seems like alot of work not to use a set of clips or step in's. Back pressure's exactly why I like to be locked in....
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #3560
YakSpout
Obstacle Allusion

Oddometer: 5,496
Quote:
Guess no one's riding today, Easter and all.

Was able to squeeze in 26 miles today, kicked my freakin ass too, I'm beat.

Fixies are not good in the wind, not good..
I did just over 20mi with my wife and her dad. She's coming along nicely and he and I got a few miles in at a 20+mph average catching up with her. Easter rides are great. Everyone else is at church and the paths were nice and clear. Except for a couple families that don't understand keep to the right...

It felt good to be back on the bike. I jacked my hip up snowboarding two months ago and sprained my ankle two weeks ago, so I've been off the bike for a bit. Now I have to make up for lost time.
YakSpout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 09:46 PM   #3561
RobZim
No, I'm not me.

Oddometer: 3,161
I enjoyed the 15 mph tail wind. I got the fat off road tires on the mountain bike up to a sustained 24 mph. The return trip wasn't quite as fast. *cough* *sputter*
RobZim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:38 AM   #3562
Bubba
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by knary
While it is a single speed, I bet its a freewheel.
Yeah it's a freewheel, not fixed. It was the beer talking.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #3563
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Oddometer: 27,151
Easter Sunday Bike Hash report:

So no shit, there I was, JRA towards the front of the 'pack.' Not pack as in paceline/etc. but 'pack' as in gaggle of riders looking for trail. Next closest guy behind me was ~10m back. Coming up to a stop sign, there's a 3' wide grating set into the pavement for runoff... Ooh lookee! Gaps in the grates. Better make sure I hit the middle of one!

Next thing I hear is the unmistakeable sound of bicycle and rider hitting the ground. Hard.

The dood wasn't wearing a helmet 'cause his head got sunburned the other day and he 'wanted to protect it.' Basically, he was wearing a baseball hat with flaps when he augered in.

Blood pooling under the head.

Guy's out like a lite.

There's a group of us standing around at the moment, not knowing enough first aid to be able to do first aid type stuff for neck injuries when a nurse from the prison shows up and stabilizes the dood's neck. Checked pupils, etc. and hung out till the meatwagon showed up. Paramedics did a good job getting the guy onto a backboard and off to UMC.

I hadta pull the bike out of the grate. He had sunk it up to the hub!

Waited around for one of the hasher's buddies to show up with a bike rack 'cause the dood's bike wasn't going anywhere under its own power.

'Course it wasn't 30min before we were cracking jokes at the poor bastage's expense, but that's hashing.

Lesson of the day: ALWAYS wear a farging helmet!

I had just bought Stick Me her first bicycle helmet the afternoon before. Now she knows why I always wear em!

M
Old 04-09-2007, 11:49 AM   #3564
yater
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummee!
Easter Sunday Bike Hash report:

So no shit, there I was, JRA towards the front of the 'pack.' Not pack as in paceline/etc. but 'pack' as in gaggle of riders looking for trail. Next closest guy behind me was ~10m back. Coming up to a stop sign, there's a 3' wide grating set into the pavement for runoff... Ooh lookee! Gaps in the grates. Better make sure I hit the middle of one!

Next thing I hear is the unmistakeable sound of bicycle and rider hitting the ground. Hard.

The dood wasn't wearing a helmet 'cause his head got sunburned the other day and he 'wanted to protect it.' Basically, he was wearing a baseball hat with flaps when he augered in.

Blood pooling under the head.

Guy's out like a lite.

There's a group of us standing around at the moment, not knowing enough first aid to be able to do first aid type stuff for neck injuries when a nurse from the prison shows up and stabilizes the dood's neck. Checked pupils, etc. and hung out till the meatwagon showed up. Paramedics did a good job getting the guy onto a backboard and off to UMC.

I hadta pull the bike out of the grate. He had sunk it up to the hub!

Waited around for one of the hasher's buddies to show up with a bike rack 'cause the dood's bike wasn't going anywhere under its own power.

'Course it wasn't 30min before we were cracking jokes at the poor bastage's expense, but that's hashing.

Lesson of the day: ALWAYS wear a farging helmet!

I had just bought Stick Me her first bicycle helmet the afternoon before. Now she knows why I always wear em!

M
I take it dood came to before he was hauled off? Bicycle helmets just make too much sense these days not to wear.

I have the club ride tonight and TNSS (tuesday night single speed) tomorrow and then taper for the race sunday. I'll likely do an easy off-road ride wed and maybe just run errands thursday (on the bike)....friday off, easy pre-ride saturday...race sunday. I'm expecting to kick ass this weekend.
yater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #3565
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by yater
I take it dood came to before he was hauled off? Bicycle helmets just make too much sense these days not to wear.
yeah, he was lucid when they hauled him off. Not too much before then tho.

Quote:
I have the club ride tonight and TNSS (tuesday night single speed) tomorrow and then taper for the race sunday. I'll likely do an easy off-road ride wed and maybe just run errands thursday (on the bike)....friday off, easy pre-ride saturday...race sunday. I'm expecting to kick ass this weekend.
Go get em tiger!

M
Old 04-09-2007, 02:06 PM   #3566
KiLeR650
Renegade Wheel-peeler

Oddometer: 6,868
Bicycle helmets are cool looking, if you dont go cheap. I spent 25% the cost of my bike to get a Louis Garneau that looks great on me. Yeah, no one cares what you're wearing if you can kick thier ass, but if you're going to be struggling to keep pace with the pack you gotta at least look cool to feel good.
KiLeR650 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 04:00 PM   #3567
gambrinus
http://www.shrinershq.org

Oddometer: 6,477
Anyone else watching the spring classics on Vs. ??

RW
Old 04-09-2007, 05:31 PM   #3568
Flaco
Zombie Holocaust

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambrinus
Anyone else watching the spring classics on Vs. ??

RW
Do you know when RVV is going to be on?

CX worlds was on today at 3 but I was busy and missed it.

I certainly intend to watch.

Flaco
Old 04-09-2007, 07:36 PM   #3569
Gummee!
That's MR. Toothless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaco
Do you know when RVV is going to be on?

CX worlds was on today at 3 but I was busy and missed it.

I certainly intend to watch.

Flaco

AND I'm gonna be learning how to breathe underwater when Paris-Roubaix is running.

Someone PLEASE tape/record it for me! PLEASE!! :begging

If I hadta pick a 'season' to ride it'd be the spring classics.

M
Old 04-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #3570
Askel
Perma-n00b

Oddometer: 10,450
Well frick. I should just stay the hell out of bike shops.

Actually, it doesn't really matter now. I don't have any money left to speak of. Who really needs a car, anyway?

'05 Kona Hoss. I already got yelled at by some lady while chasing seagulls with it.

I'm done for this year, really. Honest. Except for maybe that Unit 2-9 at the LBS.
Askel is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: